Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro gimbal calibration failure
10913 8 2018-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Miller 65
lvl.1
United States

I’m still having problems getting the gimbal to work correctly. I have tried calibrating and I can get to 70% but that’s as far as it goes. The last thing I want to do is box it up and send it back since it’s basically brand new. I’ve never crashed it, everything is connected properly, clamp is removed, and I’m at a wall now! I haven’t tried to basically restart the entire setup process like you do to do the initial setup, but I guess I’ll try that. Take the props off and restart the IMU , compass and everything else at the beginning. Then go to the flight setup and see if I should try to recalibrate the gimbal if I’m getting the message on the screen that says gimbal obstructed. I’m using the DJI go 4 app with iPhone 7plus, is this the best app for the Mavic Pro? It sure seems that there are a lot of problems with the gimbal on the Mavic Pro, that’s all I read about now. Seems like DJI could do something about that.

2018-6-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Sorry for the trouble that it caused, If may I ask do you encountered any kind of error during the gimbal calibration? Did you manage to update the firmware for both of your aircraft and remote controller as well?
2018-6-12
Use props
Miller 65
lvl.1

Yes I’ve tried just about everything. I’m calling DJI today and sending it back I guess.
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Miller 65 Posted at 2018-6-12 10:46
Yes I’ve tried just about everything. I’m calling DJI today and sending it back I guess.

We're sorry to know that you ended up replacing your drone, you might want to try connecting your phone directly to your aircraft via Wi-Fi then re-calibrate the gimbal again to see if we'll be getting the same result.
2018-6-13
Use props
GeeAp
lvl.1

United States

Hey. Did you find a fix or did dji tell you what was wrong? I have the failure at 68% and havent even flown the thing yet
2018-8-1
Use props
Miller 65
lvl.1

After doing everything that DJI recommended and whatever else I could find, I had to get a repair request from DJI and I’m sending it back. Personally I don’t understand why they don’t get ahead of this obvious problem and fix it with a better gimbal or whatever is the problem. It’s obviously an issue because of the vast numbers of drones that are failing. I’m sorry for what you are dealing with, I do like the drone other than the problem gimbal.
2018-8-1
Use props
jjcannon
lvl.1
United States

Miller 65 Posted at 2018-8-1 07:38
After doing everything that DJI recommended and whatever else I could find, I had to get a repair request from DJI and I’m sending it back. Personally I don’t understand why they don’t get ahead of this obvious problem and fix it with a better gimbal or whatever is the problem. It’s obviously an issue because of the vast numbers of drones that are failing. I’m sorry for what you are dealing with, I do like the drone other than the problem gimbal.

What was the turnaround time for replacement (if you've received your new one already)?  I'm seeing same sort of issues with connection and gimbal.  Pain in the ass.
2018-8-16
Use props
Ken22_Mavic_Pro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1821 ft
United States

Mine stops at either 26% or 31% and the gimbal continuously shakes up and down while it's stopped.  Unfortunately, I know what caused this.  I flew it into a wall while testing the collision avoidance.  I guess the light was a bit too low for the avoidance to work and I obviously didn't realize how close to the wall I was.  Before I send it back, does anyone have any thoughts about any way to fix this without returning it for service?  I did check the little tab to the rear of the gimbal and the gimbal mount IS correctly under the tab.
2018-10-31
Use props
fans61dd7335
lvl.1
United States

Good news. I went from 31% to completed calibration. The ribbon cables obstructed the gimbal movement. I had to replace the ribbon cable after a crash. When I assembled back the gimbal, inadvertently, I witched the two external plates that protect the cables. The plates are slight different. One is shorter than the other. The shorter one has an extension to protect the cable behind the camera. The longer plate is rectangular and goes, as you  face the camera, on the left side covering the motor. Also, it is possible that the ribbon cable was twisted one loop more than needed, reducing the length and putting pressure on the gimbal restricting the movement.
If the craft is new, it is possible that it was assembled incorrectly in the factory. If not by what I mentioned above, by restricting the movement with the cable.
Check that the plates are not pressing the cables and that they are in the right place. Safe Flights!
2019-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules