Maybe a need to unlock a P4p in an enhance warning zone
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brent Turner
lvl.2

I have a client who wishes to have photos made during the hanging of concrete panels for a new warehouse located near an airport. I have checked the DJI Geo System about unlocking the controls or the drone if a warning appears. I know I'm clear of any un-authorized airspace, red and yellow. This space is being identified as an enhanced warning space on the Geo System map. There will be cranes which have been approved by the airport due to their height at the site. The flight shouldn't be higher than 200 feet at the very most.So, will I encounter any resistance from DJI to fly within these conditions? If so, could someone walk me through the protocol to unlock and fly? I believe there are no rules being broken. Perhaps I will bring a spotter to ensure a high degree of safety. I simply plan to fly vertically from a few points then land the aircraft. I'll hand carry the drone to the next point due to the cranes' positions. This will make my client happier for some additional reasons.
Thank you for your attention to this inquiry.
2018-6-11
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1357356 ft
  • >>>
United States

You are good, you can still fly. You only need to respond to the warning when prompted.
Enhanced Warning Zones. In these Zones, you will be prompted by GEO at the time of flight to unlock the zone using the same steps as in an Authorization Zone, but you do not require a verified account or an internet connection at the time of your flight.Example Enhanced Warning Zone: A farm which is 3 miles away from a busy international airport.
2018-6-11
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

The green enhanced warning zones are easy.  The other zones - the yellow and red zones, which are called authorization zones and restricted zones, are a little more complicated.  

You can self-unlock a green enhanced warning zone and/or a yellow authorization zone in advance if you wish.  It's good for three days.  This will take a little stress out of the flight.  However, it's possible your height will be limited within the yellow authorization zones regardless of your unlock depending on your distance to the airport or whatever.  This concept is explained in your manual and it's not obvious by looking at the geo maps because the maps are displayed in two dimensions and you need to think in three dimensions.  

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock

There is no self-unlocking of the red restricted zones or self-unlocking of the high-altitude yellow authorization zones though.  You have to email flysafe@dji.com to request that.  

If I had a job such as the one you describe, I would self-unlock everything in advance, and then do a practice run at least a week in advance to be sure everything will be okay.  If you have issues during the trial run, then you can contact flysafe@dji.com as needed and make a special unlock request.  They may or may not agree to your request depending on how well you make your case.  Some red zones will not be approved regardless.  

On the other hand, if everything is good during your trial run, then self-unlock again a day or two days before you need to fly.  You'll have great confidence since you've already made a trial run.  

Good luck

2018-6-11
Use props
Brent Turner
lvl.2

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-6-11 14:49
The green enhanced warning zones are easy.  The other zones - the yellow and red zones, which are called authorization zones and restricted zones, are a little more complicated.  

You can self-unlock a green enhanced warning zone and/or a yellow authorization zone in advance if you wish.  It's good for three days.  This will take a little stress out of the flight.  However, it's possible your height will be limited within the yellow authorization zones regardless of your unlock depending on your distance to the airport or whatever.  This concept is explained in your manual and it's not obvious by looking at the geo maps because the maps are displayed in two dimensions and you need to think in three dimensions.  

Fine advice no doubt. Thank you. I continue to be amazed by how little free airspace is available. My work is in a city that is 4th in the nation with new construction.
I had a class reunion near an airport a week ago. I volunteered to photograph a group of over one hundred classmates and I wanted to use the drone. I knew I was in an unauthorized zone it was yellow. I tried anyway to experience the event that takes place. I could not fly, it was interesting. I was 3 miles from a small airport. I will take your advice and precheck the location. This un-manned pilot world is a continuing education. Thanks again Mark.
2018-6-11
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

If you called the airport and you know you're legal, and DJI is giving you problems, there's always the foil method.  Couple layers of foil or some RF blocking foil.  But keep it close and be wary of the wind.  And be legal.  If you're not used to flying in ATTI, practice first in a clear area.

My pleasure

2018-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules