Autel Evo release date...come on Mavic II
3383 22 2018-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lobstah Mobstah
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1218379 ft
United States

So today, Autel gave a release date of June 25th for the Evo.  It looks very cool.  I love my Mavic Pro.  I've had some issues with it and I'm considering purchasing another drone.  I'm going to hold off until I see how DJI responds to the Autel before I plunk down any money.  I'm betting that there is a Mavic II and that we'll be hearing about it soon.  Come on DJI, let's hear it!!!
2018-6-11
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

I think the MP, MA, P4... have much more capabilitites than they had now, just software updates may bring more features but in case DJI want to.
2018-6-11
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

Don’t know the quality of Autel but the price and specifications not quite attractive. The design also looks like copycat.
2018-6-11
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

The Evo looks like a good bird and wil compete against the Pro, has some good features as well. Lets see how long it lasts on the market and how many fly aways
2018-6-11
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Singapore

Would like to see your review about Evo after flying.
2018-6-11
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Don't hate me for this, but I'm hoping DJI doesn't release a Mavic Pro II until next year. I just got my Mavic Pro in March and the new hasn't really worn off yet. I enjoy more flying the Mavic Pro knowing it's not outdated technology and that not something better is the premier choice. Today most people respect and want to buy the Mavic Pro. I would still highly respect it, but in honesty I'd like the party to last a little bit longer.
2018-6-11
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Singapore

Sorry that drone technology is moving too fast. Life of a product is only 1-2 years long. MP is stand long enough and time to come down. All drone owners need to aware their investment won’t stay for long time.
2018-6-11
Use props
Far_North
Second Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

From what I have seen and read I want to really like this Evo.  It seems like a solid drone but because it uses wifi I will never own one.  That said I do hope it does well and is loved by the people who own them because this will be good for the industry as a whole.
Also, lets remember that just because a new drone is released it does not make previous drones obselete. If your drone is a great performer today it is still a great performer tomorrow even after something new is released.   This goes for new DJI releases too.
2018-6-12
Use props
fans00bd3594
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83386 ft
United States

I am considering the Evo as I don't trust the pro. I sold my Mavic Pro and picked up a Mavic Air when it came out. It was a very easy decision as my Mavic Pro had very washed out video (no matter how many adjustments). It was just a faulty drone/sensor and I did not realize it until the warranty expired. You want to believe it's your own fault since everyone else was hyping it.  The thought of it being a one-off was the furthest from my mind.

I enjoy the Mavic Air but the flight distance is SHORT for clear video streaming; I am talking less than 200 meters away. So far, the longest distance is about 1/2 a kilometer before choppy video streaming to my phone. So EVO is welcome since it brings portability, distance and 60fps 4k video at 100bps.

DJI has given zero indication that a Mavic Pro II exist. It's all rumor...all of it.  If DJI wanted you to know, you would. They have no serious competition but even I must admit. New, causes people to part with money. So, even if they have no competition...a free market company will continue to raise the bar to entice you to cough up those dollars. The real question is...will they wait for the consumer to empty their pockets on Autel Robotics before trying to entice you. Waiting is a risk. However, it buys them some time as you need to save up again and they might be comfortable with what they have for now.
2018-6-12
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
Second Officer

Far_North Posted at 2018-6-12 04:07
From what I have seen and read I want to really like this Evo.  It seems like a solid drone but because it uses wifi I will never own one.  That said I do hope it does well and is loved by the people who own them because this will be good for the industry as a whole.
Also, lets remember that just because a new drone is released it does not make previous drones obselete. If your drone is a great performer today it is still a great performer tomorrow even after something new is released.   This goes for new DJI releases too.

It does use Wi-Fi but at 900mhz.  The range is reported to be the same as a Mavic Pro with Occusync.  I have yet to see that claim backed up so I'm skeptical too.  
2018-6-12
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

It will just like Go pro drone.....it's folded
2018-6-12
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
Second Officer

GDL Posted at 2018-6-11 19:33
Don’t know the quality of Autel but the price and specifications not quite attractive. The design also looks like copycat.

The price is similar to a Mavic Pro, specs are very close and it has rear facing sensors.  I agree it looks like a Mavic Pro but it seems to me that a foldable quad copter is very likely to look like another foldable quad copter.  It's the nature of the beast. Just because something looks like something else, it doesn't mean we have to dismiss it.  On the surface a Porsche and a Volkswagen have many similarities, yet the difference is what's underneath the hood.
2018-6-12
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

Lobstah Mobstah Posted at 2018-6-12 07:12
It does use Wi-Fi but at 900mhz.  The range is reported to be the same as a Mavic Pro with Occusync.  I have yet to see that claim backed up so I'm skeptical too.

I'm not sure where you are getting your Evo spec information but it is incorrect, as it does not use 900mhz and not wifi. Their older XSP drone did.

Evo uses 2.4ghz and boasts a 7km range.

One of the guys who received an Evo early showed some shots if it out 2 miles and still had excellent signal. Said he'd take it out farther to test range and make a video.

Aircraft
Hover Precision GPS+ Ultrasonic+IMU: Horizontal: ±1.5m, Vertical: ±0.2m;
Vision+IMU: Horizontal: ±0.1m, Vertical: ±0.1m
Max. Yaw Rate 200 dps
Max. Inclination Angle 35°  
Max. Ascent/Descent Speed Ascent: 5m/s Descent: 3m/s
Max. Horizontal Speed 20 m/s (44.7mph)
Diagonal Wheelbase 338 mm
Propeller Size 8.3" x 2.9"
Video Link Frequency 2.4GHz~2.4835GHz  
Receiver Frequency 2.4GHz~2.4835GHz
Flight Modes GPS · ATTI · SPORT

Operating Environment Temperature 32° F ~ 104° F (0° C ~ 40° C)
Storage Temperature -10°C~40°C (14°F~104°F)
Weight (Battery & Propellers included) 863g (1.90lbs)
2018-6-12
Use props
Far_North
Second Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

Hugh Jaynus Posted at 2018-6-12 10:01
I'm not sure where you are getting your Evo spec information but it is incorrect, as it does not use 900mhz and not wifi. Their older XSP drone did.

Evo uses 2.4ghz and boasts a 7km range.

The 900mhz was in the Evo specs pretty much up until the release date was announced then it was gone.  Some people didn't notice the change.  An Autel rep said is was because in Europe 900 mhz is used for emergency services.
2018-6-12
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

fans00bd3594 Posted at 2018-6-12 06:51
I am considering the Evo as I don't trust the pro. I sold my Mavic Pro and picked up a Mavic Air when it came out. It was a very easy decision as my Mavic Pro had very washed out video (no matter how many adjustments). It was just a faulty drone/sensor and I did not realize it until the warranty expired. You want to believe it's your own fault since everyone else was hyping it.  The thought of it being a one-off was the furthest from my mind.

I enjoy the Mavic Air but the flight distance is SHORT for clear video streaming; I am talking less than 200 meters away. So far, the longest distance is about 1/2 a kilometer before choppy video streaming to my phone. So EVO is welcome since it brings portability, distance and 60fps 4k video at 100bps.

I don't think you're going to get any better range from the Evo compared to your Mavic Air. The Evo uses the 900MHz band, which is an old dated slow frequency so don't expect much.

The Mavic Pro has almost an infinite number of camera settings that in combination can produce the right image you seek. Just look at others who posted cinematic video from the Mavic Pro on YouTube, if they can do it then anyone can. The main fact everyone needs to be aware of is the Mavic Pro can do it.
2018-6-12
Use props
djiuser_iTYmGJ1Ipw3c
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6766027 ft
United States

I will wait to see all of the reviews for the Evo, so far it looks pretty good, and I've heard Autel is a very customer friendly company.  Let's see what DJI does about it, competition is a good thing.
2018-6-12
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
Second Officer

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-6-12 12:00
I don't think you're going to get any better range from the Evo compared to your Mavic Air. The Evo uses the 900MHz band, which is an old dated slow frequency so don't expect much.

The Mavic Pro has almost an infinite number of camera settings that in combination can produce the right image you seek. Just look at others who posted cinematic video from the Mavic Pro on YouTube, if they can do it then anyone can. The main fact everyone needs to be aware of is the Mavic Pro can do it.

Autel confirmed the Evo does not use 900mhz because it can't be used in Europe.

Someone already took their Evo out two miles and still had strong signal. I've not seen any Mavic Air's out that far. Seems easy to surmise that you would get better range than the Mavic Air is able to achieve. Mavic Air claims 2.5 mile range but has anyone been able to do that?
2018-6-12
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm ready to try a competitor's drone.  Look at all my DJI drones plus add an Inspire 1 to the bundle(purchased used), I am ready to give autel a try.  Then again DJI has not released anything really exciting lately drone wise.
2018-6-12
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

Hugh Jaynus Posted at 2018-6-12 19:33
Autel confirmed the Evo does not use 900mhz because it can't be used in Europe.

Someone already took their Evo out two miles and still had strong signal. I've not seen any Mavic Air's out that far. Seems easy to surmise that you would get better range than the Mavic Air is able to achieve. Mavic Air claims 2.5 mile range but has anyone been able to do that?

Someone who works for Autel told the media that Evo uses 2.4 GHz & 900 MHz and it will only be offered in the U.S. and not yet Europe.

https://www.halfchrome.com/mavic-air-vs-autel-evo/
2018-6-12
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
Second Officer

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-6-12 19:49
Someone who works for Autel told the media that Evo uses 2.4 GHz & 900 MHz and it will only be offered in the U.S. and not yet Europe.

https://www.halfchrome.com/mavic-air-vs-autel-evo/

That article is 6+ months old.

2018-6-12
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_iTYmGJ1Ipw3c Posted at 2018-6-12 12:59
I will wait to see all of the reviews for the Evo, so far it looks pretty good, and I've heard Autel is a very customer friendly company.  Let's see what DJI does about it, competition is a good thing.

That is my point exactly in the original post.  Autel looks to have a solid product based on the little I've seen.  I need to see more to be convinced.  Excited to see what DJI has up their sleeve.
2018-6-12
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

I don't know why Autel is contradicting themselves? Removing the 900 MHz band and replacing it with another WiFi frequency, I still say the likelihood is Evo will NOT have a better range than DJI drones.

It says on their website -
Video Link Frequency & Receiver Frequency are: 2.4GHz~2.4835GHz

https://www.autelrobotics.com/evo/
2018-6-13
Use props
YunSin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 250194 ft
Taiwan

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-6-13 07:30
I don't know why Autel is contradicting themselves? Removing the 900 MHz band and replacing it with another WiFi frequency, I still say the likelihood is Evo will NOT have a better range than DJI drones.

It says on their website -

Teardown it!!! 900MHz Antenna
https://fccid.io/2AGNTEVORC58240 ... /Int-Photos-3763664
2018-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules