Mavic Air ActiveTrack and some cruising on the 4 wheeler
570 3 2018-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
poltergeist004
lvl.2
Flight distance : 153967 ft
United States

So after figuring out my controller fiasco, I was able to get all the firmware up to date on the bird.  I decided to go to the lease to check some trail cams and wanted to bring the drone along to see how well ActiveTrack worked on something more than walking or running speed.  I have to say that I'm pleased with how well it performed.  I hit 30mph and it kept right up.   The sensors saved me about a dozen times from hitting trees.  As you can see in the video there are some major power lines that run on the property.  I would lose video signal but still have a green light on the remote.  I'm guessing the video signal loss was due to EMI from that and my 4 wheeler.  When you see me looking back at the drone it was because I didn't have video signal anymore and wanted to make sure it was still following me.

Anyway, here is the link to the video.  I had 35 minutes of video and I cut down to 8, it's nothing fancy but I had a fun time making it.

2018-6-11
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

It was a Good video
2018-6-11
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

A bit long but nice, thank you!
2018-6-11
Use props
poltergeist004
lvl.2
Flight distance : 153967 ft
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-11 22:08
A bit long but nice, thank you!

I agree with you there.  This weekend I hope to do some more tracking modes and some of the built-in features.  I usually just free fly.
2018-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules