What is Mavic Air Fly More Storage Case front pocket for?
2308 35 2018-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nieto
lvl.2

When I purchased the Mavic Air Fly More package, of course it came with the storage bag that can hold the Mavic Air, remote, charger, hub, and 3 batteries.  The suggested places for each of these to be stored was shown on a diagram, however a bit confusing.  But one thing was not clear to me and I was hoping one of the Mavic Air users would have a good suggestion: what is the front outside long zippered pocket intended to be used for?
2018-6-11
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

For stylish
2018-6-11
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

You pack of smokes
2018-6-11
Use props
saviour
lvl.4
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

Other things like ND Filters. Whatever you like and fits.
2018-6-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Prop storage in cardboard sleve?
2018-6-11
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Whatever you like to put there :-)
2018-6-11
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I use it to store beer.
2018-6-11
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

Is it legal to fly when you dunk?
2018-6-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can actually fit the prop guards in there if you like along with ND filters, the power bank adaptor, leads, SD cards, spare controller sticks, micro fibre cloths, spare props. The other pocket fits an iPad/iPhone or DJI Mavic sun hood and the inner compartment fits the car charger, charging hub, drone, RC and 4 batteries (one in the drone). Easily the best thought out bag DJI have made.  
2018-6-12
Use props
Neal McGuire
lvl.2

United States

That pocket expanses so it can hold the cables and recharging transformer. However, it a little bit awkward in shape. But generally it is a pocket to hold small stuff.
2018-6-12
Use props
i_seb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 363501 ft
Italy

I put the drone (inside his own bag) itself inside that zip
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank for purchasing a Mavic Air Fly More Package. The use of the front outside long zippered pocket is an extra storage for additional accessories and it can also be used to place your paper documents.
2018-6-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Everything but the kitchen sink. ;+)...
2018-6-12
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

2 joints.....
2018-6-12
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bag of chip and bottle milk!
2018-6-12
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

A pocket protector.  
2018-6-12
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

GDL Posted at 2018-6-11 23:19
Is it legal to fly when you dunk?

I am sure it is fine with the DJI Basketball Air.  
2018-6-12
Use props
AEHRI ELLES
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14446 ft
Canada

I want to say baby kangaroos, but I use my pouch for the drone, or my wallet, cellphone, etc.
2018-6-12
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-6-12
Use props
JERRY K
lvl.3
Flight distance : 308327 ft
United States

medical weed
2018-6-12
Use props
poltergeist004
lvl.2
Flight distance : 153967 ft
United States

I keep an extra set of props in there and my FAA paperwork.
2018-6-12
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

These answers are hilarious...  But  i have a serious question.  are you talking about the big expandable pocket, (which i consider to be in the back) or the small zippered pouch (slot size - and i consider the front)
When I use the FMC case, i would put my FAA registration card, flight log book, and my Samsung Note4 (which i use to fly with) in the front pocket.

The big expandable pocket, I keep my extra props, extra SD card, and sunhood.  I don't travel with my prop guards.  The only time I'm going to use those is at home.
2018-6-12
Use props
nieto
lvl.2

3-D Posted at 2018-6-12 12:34
These answers are hilarious...  But  i have a serious question.  are you talking about the big expandable pocket, (which i consider to be in the back) or the small zippered pouch (slot size - and i consider the front)
When I use the FMC case, i would put my FAA registration card, flight log book, and my Samsung Note4 (which i use to fly with) in the front pocket.

I was referring to the long zippered expandable pocket that is odd-shaped.  I thought it was considered the front since it has the DJI logo on it but am not sure.  I have seen online someone put an iPad mini in there but the way it is designed, it sits funny when large items are put in there.  I was just wondering about DJI's intentions for this.  It is clear what the other internal compartments are for (and they include suggestions in the diagram).
2018-6-14
Use props
nieto
lvl.2

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-12 04:48
Hi. Thank for purchasing a Mavic Air Fly More Package. The use of the front outside long zippered pocket is an extra storage for additional accessories and it can also be used to place your paper documents.

The little diagram did not include any suggestions for that zippered pocket.  With such an odd shape, it seems like DJI had an intention for it.  I asked around but because of the strange shape, nobody could figure the intended purpose for it.
2018-6-14
Use props
Trevlan006
lvl.3
Flight distance : 475118 ft
  • >>>

Whatever your heart desires, as long as it fits. Everything is movable even on the inside, it’s all Velcro. You can adjust and move as you wish.
2018-6-14
Use props
Free2be
lvl.3
Flight distance : 229570 ft

I put my MA with the hard case in.
2018-6-14
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

nieto Posted at 2018-6-14 05:06
I was referring to the long zippered expandable pocket that is odd-shaped.  I thought it was considered the front since it has the DJI logo on it but am not sure.  I have seen online someone put an iPad mini in there but the way it is designed, it sits funny when large items are put in there.  I was just wondering about DJI's intentions for this.  It is clear what the other internal compartments are for (and they include suggestions in the diagram).

I agree that putting things in that pocket make it sit a little funny.  But DJI's intent was for you to pack an iPad or other tablet and other accessories.

take a look at this video:  around 1:52 he gets to the pocket.

2018-6-14
Use props
nieto
lvl.2

i_seb Posted at 2018-6-12 04:34
I put the drone (inside his own bag) itself inside that zip

are you saying you put the Mavic Air into the small hard-shelled case it came in and then put it into that zippered outside pocket?  I guess that would then leave the top compartment inside for something else.
2018-6-14
Use props
Free2be
lvl.3
Flight distance : 229570 ft

nieto Posted at 2018-6-14 05:17
are you saying you put the Mavic Air into the small hard-shelled case it came in and then put it into that zippered outside pocket?  I guess that would then leave the top compartment inside for something else.

Thats Right, I use the top, separated space for the  reserve probs and other small equipements like the reserve sticks, thats come in the black carton box.
2018-6-14
Use props
Northern Guy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2310082 ft
  • >>>
United States

Clean Undies for flights right after MA FW Updates......
2018-6-14
Use props
GeorgeGreek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 636050 ft
  • >>>

How to fit everything in DJI Fly More combo kit bag that DJI that comes with the Mavic Air bundle.
2018-6-14
Use props
scoot97
lvl.1
Flight distance : 50112 ft
United Kingdom

I've been putting my Air in the hard shell case in the large zip pocket at the back. I was unsure if would damage the props putting in the case out of the shell ! Am I being a bit too careful ?
2018-6-14
Use props
nieto
lvl.2

scoot97 Posted at 2018-6-14 07:01
I've been putting my Air in the hard shell case in the large zip pocket at the back. I was unsure if would damage the props putting in the case out of the shell ! Am I being a bit too careful ?

I have had the same concern about the props.  Didn't know if they were pressed down on by the cover or the sides, if they would get disfigured if in the bag for an extended time.
2018-6-14
Use props
Datadogie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27028 ft

Toilet paper and a spare pair of underwear.
2018-6-14
Use props
i_seb
lvl.4
Italy

nieto Posted at 2018-6-14 05:17

Yes, that's exactly what i do, do you put the mavic in the top compartment without the hard case and is it safe that way? i use the top compartment for other object such a powerbank or similar items
2018-6-14
Use props
i_seb
lvl.4
Italy

scoot97 Posted at 2018-6-14 07:01

Nope, i'm doing the same thing, i prefer to be extra carefull with this thing
2018-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules