Should i get a Phantom 3 mmmmmmmmm
2046 18 2015-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
j.albrech
lvl.1

South Africa

Hi all.

I had the phantom 2 vision plus for a month only, then DJI released the Phantom 3. I was really pissed off.
Sold my Phantom 2 vision plus. Lost a few hundred bucks.
Now with all this stories/problems/LIES regarding the Phantom 3 i don't know if i must buy one.
Apparently the customer service is also not very good.
As i know you get some stupid people in this world causing their own misshaps and problems with drones/rc products and then they try to blame the manufacturer, which is also not fair.
I just need to be sure that the Phantom 3 is a good product before i waste my money....

2015-5-15
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

It is a good product for everyone flying it without any problems and a bad product for the other.
I have 10 little flights (little because I'm learning how it behaves) and no problems for the moment.
So, for me it is a good (but not yet finished and fine tuned) device with a stunning video quality.
2015-5-15
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

l had issues on start up with overheating. Since l have only the one battery, there's been no overheating since. l kept my p2v3 and the difference is amazing, you will love the responsiveness of the P3! And as Ulysse said, it's the luck of the draw, if you get a normal one you'll love it, if you happen to get a defective one, well, not so much.
2015-5-15
Use props
Jimw_61
lvl.1

United States

Can't think of a single reason not to buy one; I strongly believe 95% of the reported problems are pilot error, however, problems do exist.  

Love mine -
2015-5-15
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Well, it can cause some problems with jealousy.  My other four Phantoms are angry because they haven't done any flying since the P3 arrived...
2015-5-15
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Like any new tech product...  There are some glitches and bugs.  (I am looking at YOU Apple Watch...)

But there is no real reason NOT to get a P3 if you want one.   Most of them are working OK with the current firmware.  It will get better with future updates.
2015-5-15
Use props
buburub
lvl.1

United States

The answer is YES!!
2015-5-15
Use props
espinosa.josero
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8320 ft
Mexico

Yes!!!!!! Buy it!!! I have the P2 and I'm loving the P3 a lot of differences... Good differences
2015-5-15
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

There are always going to be negative reports and a few people having very real but not widespread issues.

I've had the Inspire 1 for about 3 1/2 months and the P3 for about a week.    Love them!   

They are so stable in the sky and the shots you can get from them are breathtaking!

I have no hesitation recommending them.  Like I said, a few people are going to have a bad experience with any product.   I know a couple of people who received dud iPhones and got bad customer service from Apple.   But compared to the tens of millions that are working perfectly and the STUNNING customer service I have consistently received from Apple over the years, I take the nay-sayers at face value and have no intention of considering it the norm.
2015-5-16
Use props
Oliver
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Out of interest, what are the bad things people are saying about the P3?

Thanks
2015-5-16
Use props
PaulOTron
lvl.2

United States

Like you, I bought a P2V+ a month before the P3 was announced.  Today I have both.

You've heard of "problems" with the P2V+ as well, right?  And you were happy with it, right?

Get one.  I honestly don't use the P2V+ anymore.  Maybe I'll sell.
2015-5-16
Use props
vincenzo.arnone
lvl.1

Italy

I believe that, as new product,  DJI could test  all you think users will do but you will never have the massive experience of users. I believe that P3 will become stable in 6 months from now, we will have the opportunity to have extra batteries, improved software etc, etc,

Also the very first releases of the P2 might not have been stable as reliable as the the products purchased 12 months after initial product release. Hence we have to be patient and let someone else test the product and buy once it will become stable (6  months from today I guess)

2015-5-16
Use props
eThug
lvl.1

United States

You'll notice the people who have problems because they post on this forum etc. Think about the number of people who bought the P3 and didn't post here/don't have an issue that you'll never hear about. I preordered mine and it arrived and worked perfectly.
2015-5-16
Use props
blundrigan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11447 ft
  • >>>
United States

Get it! Just sold my Phantom 2 V2 and GoPro 4 to get the P3. It's like getting a corvette when you are used to a cavalier.
2015-5-16
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

I have done 38 flights with my Phantom 3 Pro. I've done hundreds with my P2V+. And all I can say; the Phantom 3 Pro is A LOT better   (I shouldn't be saying this because I'm selling my P2V+ )

It flies better, but not wildly different than the P2V+. But the Pilot app is so much better, the video-link is much better, the videoqualiy and the photos are way better! I love the camera-controls we now have with the P3 and not least being able to control the gimbal smoothly just elevates the quality of the video that can be produced emensely. The camera is much better (I advice to the the Pro with the 4K capability) and it is a huge benefit that the lens is rectilinear and not fisheye like the old one.

There will be kinks and bugs to be worked out. But all I can say is that I am extremely happy with my Phantom 3.

So naturally the answer is yes   As you know there is a risk flying these things - it might crash and you lose out. So I wouldn't spend the rent-money on something like this ;)

All I can say is, I've been very impressed with the range/connection quality of the

Buy your Phantom 3 and your DJI-gear, batteries, cases by using this link - it'll help me out

2015-5-16
Use props
joeglenn1
New

United States

Well my p3 flew just fine the only problem is I only got 3 flights out of it due to the mini sd card holder malfunctioning and no longer holding the card in the gimbal.  So needless to say under no pilot error this was hardware fail.  So I had to send it back to DJI and was told it would be 4 to 6 weeks till I get it back.   Honestly I am very disappointed with the turnaround on a it being fixed.  
2015-5-17
Use props
j.albrech
lvl.1

South Africa

joeglenn1 Posted at 2015-5-17 22:23
Well my p3 flew just fine the only problem is I only got 3 flights out of it due to the mini sd card ...

Well i have decided not to get the phantom 3.
2015-5-17
Use props
Boogieman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5611893 ft
  • >>>
United States

Love my P3 and my inspire.  I still have my P1 and P2.  F450 and F550.  They all have their place in my hobby.  With the all in one that the p3 and inspire have makes it so much easier to pick up and go fly.
2015-5-17
Use props
PappaJoe
lvl.1

South Africa

Ok just an update. I bought a Phantom 3 Advanced in February this year and I am loving it.
Waiting for the phantom 5 now ...

Cheers
2016-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules