DJI - Please help. New transmitter question.
1991 5 2014-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please help me understand the function of the 7th channel and how the old transmitter controls the camera pitch versus how the new transmittere does.

Here is my dilemma. I have the new controller. I like the way it works. I like the spring loaded dial and how you can tilt the camera and let go of the dial and the camera stops wherever it is when you let go. I think this is great.

There are others who do not have the new controller. They are using the slide lever on the back of the old controller. They can slide the lever and when they let go of the slide stick the camera stops where it is. But the lever is not spring loaded. So when they let go the lever stays where it is, doesn't spring back. Yet there camera doesn't move. It stays where it is.

How can I be sure if I get the latest firmware that my dial is going to stay functioning like it does now? I do not want the camera to always be at the midpoint (since the dial always springs back to the midpoint). I understand we can't have it both ways. But I can't wrap my head around how this can work for both the slide lever and the spring loaded dial. The two have very different characteristics.

Please advise.
2014-11-1
Use props
uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just choose the proper controller when using the Dji Phantom Assist software on your computer , there is the option for the new or the old.
2014-11-1
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

This has now been figured out. But I wanted to let you know that is not the correct answer and I hope we can prevent anyone from making this mistake. If you have the old transmitter style with the 7th channel mod lever YOU DO NOT WANT TO UPDATE THE ZEN IMU TO THE LATEST FIRMWARE (1.0.0.6). This will cause an issue with camera pitch as you slide the lever. This has now been confirmed and people who did the upgrade have no way to go back and now their 7th channel lever does not work as it should.

If you have the new controller with the tilt dial, then you MUST update to the new Zen IMU firmware (1.0.0.6) or your dial WILL NOT WORK as it is intended to. When you release the dial and it springs back to center your camera will tilt back to 45 degrees. You will have to hold the dial down (or up in reverse more) to get it to point straight at the horizon. If you let go of the dial it will pitch back to 45 degrees.

I hope this makes sense and that it saves someone the frustration of updating the Zen IMU and ruining the nice function of their slide lever mod.
2014-11-2
Use props
Gobokinetic
lvl.2

United Kingdom

you can tune the pitch of the camera angle in P2 assistant software also  
2014-11-2
Use props
Gobokinetic
lvl.2

United Kingdom

this is my issue

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_65KEhuf11M
2014-11-2
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Gobokinetic Posted at 2014-11-3 00:51
you can tune the pitch of the camera angle in P2 assistant software also

True. But it does not correct this issue. No matter how you tune it, if you have the old firmware the new tilt dial will not work properly, and if you have the new firmware the old slide lever will not work properly.
2014-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules