6135 9 2018-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheDon
First Officer
Flight distance : 7951273 ft
  • >>>
Romania

I’m sure that all of you faced that situation  when you really like a place where you took several photos. Maybe this location is easily approachable when you engage on a trip so you took pictures "like" in every season. There comes a time when you have exhausted all the angles and you think that that’s all, I’m done with this awesome place... If you’re in this situation or just want to learn a new mind blowing technique you are at the right place!

I’m going to show you how i managed to create my first mind bending inception style photo, with some useful tips.
This technique has been developed by a turkish photographer Aydin Buyuktas.   

First step is to pick a location and imagine how your final picture will look like. The final result is going to be stitched out of 9 photos.  
Tip: For start pick an easy location like a country road. Stitching will be easier for starters.
In my case a straight road was not an option, I selected the gates as guidance and stitching points.

Capturing the photos can be done either manually or by the help of an application called: “Droneception” available both on IOS and android platforms.

The application is constantly under development and there's also an awesome facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/droneception/ where you can get in touch with the developers & droneception app users to share information and help resolving problems.  

For Stitching the photos I used photoshop with a photoshop action developed by "Kilian Eisenegger" and  can be downloaded from here: hdrpano.ch/droneception/action.zip

Note: You need to be really patient and it takes up quite a lot of time to create a droneception photo. You need to pay attention to the details.
Tip: Be sure that weather conditions are...let’s say perfect! Your drone needs to be stable when taking pictures so fly in windless conditions. Start your droneception mission with fully charged batteries. A mission might consume between 50 to 80% battery life depending on distance and hight!  Since your drone will follow an automated flight path keep an eye on your drone everytime. Fly in large and unpopulated areas! Patience and time are the key requirements to produce and acquire a mind bending inception photo.

I'm still learning this technique and wanted to show you the basics on how get started if you're interested and have quite a lot of time. These two video tutorials guided me through the creation process to obtain the final result.

Let me know if you need some help! Feel free to share your thoughts!

This post contains more resources

You need to Login Before they can download or view these resources, Don’t have an account?Register now

x
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Good job!
2018-6-13
Use props
TheDon
First Officer
  • >>>
Romania

DJI Grace Posted at 2018-6-13 18:44
Good job!

Thank you Grace!
2018-6-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

This is very interesting!
2018-6-13
Use props
TheDon
First Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-6-13 22:57
This is very interesting!

Thank you! ;)
2018-6-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have to try these sometime!
2018-6-13
Use props
TheDon
First Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-6-13 22:59
I have to try these sometime!

It’s a pretty time consuming process. But the final result is mind bending ;)
2018-6-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

TheDon Posted at 2018-6-14 00:12
It’s a pretty time consuming process. But the final result is mind bending ;)

Yes I can imagine. 99% hard work 1% inspiration
2018-6-14
Use props
TheDon
First Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-6-14 00:37
Yes I can imagine. 99% hard work 1% inspiration

Well, 70% hard work, 20 creativity and 10% inspiration
2018-6-14