2415 10 2018-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zap
lvl.2
Flight distance : 410942 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I recently bought a Rode Mic for my Osmo as advertised on DJI.  As soon as I got it I noticed low level background noise, like white noise.  I tried changing the volume in the app but just makes things quieter, then when you raise the volume to hear the sound the background noise comes back.  I sent it and the Rode Mic back to where I bought it from and they inspected both and told me there was no problems with either and I need to alter the 'Gain'  well as far as I know there are only 3 controls for audio - auto fan on/off, audio recording and a slider that I presume is volume.  I have tried every combination you can think of and still getting this low level noise.

DJI am I right in saying this will never go away?  Am I right in saying the mic is picing this signal up from the Osmo?  This being the case why on earth are you taking peoples money off them by advertising the Rode mic as a pairing for the Osmo?

Please can you advise?
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello. We apologize for the inconvenience that you're having right now. Can you upload a sample video showing the sound you're referring to?
2018-6-13
Use props
Zap
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Would love to but this is all I get for hours for a 900k sound file.  Any other ideas?
2018-6-14
Use props
Zap
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have contacted online support for DJI today and have been able to upload a sound file.  The person on the other end says he can't really hear the hiss.  I cannot believe that he couldn't hear it as it is glaringly obvious to me.  I Can't get the sound to upload on this forum as above but I did the next best thing took it into Premier Pro and screen shot the wave form.  See below.  I also used a different mic and got the same result.  I also used the Rode Mic on a different camera and there is NO sound issues at all.  Here's the thing then, I think this low hiss is the mic picking up the gimbal motors (as the fan turns off auto)  If this is the case why are DJI pairing the Osmo and Rode mic together?  The Osmo clearly is not set up for, and never will be able to cope with, high quality sound.  DJI should state this before they sell microphones for their Osmo.

Does this sound a fair comment?  What should I do next please?

2018-6-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Zap Posted at 2018-6-14 08:26
I have contacted online support for DJI today and have been able to upload a sound file.  The person on the other end says he can't really hear the hiss.  I cannot believe that he couldn't hear it as it is glaringly obvious to me.  I Can't get the sound to upload on this forum as above but I did the next best thing took it into Premier Pro and screen shot the wave form.  See below.  I also used a different mic and got the same result.  I also used the Rode Mic on a different camera and there is NO sound issues at all.  Here's the thing then, I think this low hiss is the mic picking up the gimbal motors (as the fan turns off auto)  If this is the case why are DJI pairing the Osmo and Rode mic together?  The Osmo clearly is not set up for, and never will be able to cope with, high quality sound.  DJI should state this before they sell microphones for their Osmo.

Does this sound a fair comment?  What should I do next please?

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you're having right now. We will raise this up to our engineers to look for a solution for your concern. We will keep you updated. Your patience will be much appreciated.
2018-6-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Zap, sorry for the trouble caused, can you please upload a short video to YouTube and post the link here so that we can verify if there is anything wrong with the audio? Thank you in advance.
2018-6-14
Use props
Zap
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can you tell me when you've finished with it then I will take it down.  Thank you

2018-6-15
Use props
Zap
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No thoughts on this?  Tends to suggest this is something you guys haven't thought of.  I also think these two items should not be marketed together.  The mic is fine but the Osmo can never record the clarity of sound that the Rode mic can produce because of the noise the Osmo makes even with the fan turned off.
2018-6-19
Use props
DDutchie
lvl.1
Netherlands

Zap Posted at 2018-6-19 01:02
No thoughts on this?  Tends to suggest this is something you guys haven't thought of.  I also think these two items should not be marketed together.  The mic is fine but the Osmo can never record the clarity of sound that the Rode mic can produce because of the noise the Osmo makes even with the fan turned off.

You can always use a video edit program to delete background noise like cyberlink powerdirector or any other which provides that option. Cheers.
2018-6-24
Use props
WalkingOnTheStreet
lvl.2
United States

I've exactly same issue on my OSMO with Rode Mic, but it randomly happens...I always carry additional audio recorder to resolve this issue...
2018-6-27
Use props
Zap
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Still no update so I must assume nothing can be done.  Incidentally just been using my Ronin S, Panasonic GH5s with the same Rode mic and all is good, very good in fact  So the fault is not with the mic
2018-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules