2952 48 2018-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mirek6
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

Contact DJI Support.

While what you did was perhaps unwise (not waiting for GPS lock) - there is something unsettling in your logs which may point to problem with Spark.

1. For the first  2 minutes and 10 seconds Spark did not register any satellites. Unless you are in a tunnel, at home or in some confined space - it is unusual (not impossible but unusual).
2. At 1 minute 35.6 seconds, your Spark goes into P-GPS mode with zero satellites and with Lat/Long co-ordinates showing zero. I suspect something wrong with Spark.
3.  Your VPS cuts off at 4.4 metres of altitude. That's low (normal is 7-8 metres) unless you are flying at dusk or at night.

It is impossible to see how far your Spark was away from you when you lost the signal since it had no co-ordinates and could not calculate anything.
You also claim that you try to put it down as soon as it entered ATTI mode. Logs are consistent here and show that you are increasing thrust of Spark sending it up instead of down. Barometer measured altitude confirms that. Only in the last second before logs cut off, it seems that you are trying to bring it down - and it does react.

Anyways - open DJI Support ticket and let us know the outcome. We can learn something valuable here.

2018-6-14
Use props
Oxley88
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55810 ft
United Kingdom

No i noticed that the thrust was up but I put it down straight away it got stuck I had 3 people stood with me when I tried bringing it down :-(
2018-6-14
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

G'day.
1) The DJI Go logs recorded the position of the phone/tablet beside a metal clad building near reinforced concrete - half the GPS signals are 'blocked'.
2) Spark may have flown away with the wind in Atti mode.
3) The DJI Go logs show positive stick movements until the last 5 seconds when the throttle was reduced.
4) It was flying in Atti mode - fly with caution.
5) Move away from metal clad buildings.

2018-6-14
Use props
Oxley88
lvl.2
United Kingdom

That’s the problem when it went in atti mode fly with caution I released all throttles but it’s carried on but according to the logs which I noticed also it’s like I still had control of the spark but I didn’t it really battered my head if you get what I mean
2018-6-14
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Australia

Oxley88 Posted at 2018-6-14 23:16
That’s the problem when it went in atti mode fly with caution I released all throttles but it’s carried on but according to the logs which I noticed also it’s like I still had control of the spark but I didn’t it really battered my head if you get what I mean

I understand. Your stick movements are recorded in the logs, despite your information. The logs do not lie in regard to RC inputs etc.
Maybe you had an audience & lost control due to pilot distraction. Show off - take off - no GPS - crash - tears.  
Why fly in these conditions when the alarm bell rings? Read the manual. You had a chance to wait for a GPS lock or move to a better location - away from metal clad buildings & reinforced concrete.

All the info is in the manual & many YouTube videos explain the same problem.

Typical pilots have a check list...   If you failed to tick a box, do not take off.
If you want the brains of Spark to work, obtain a GPS fix first. Otherwise it's a $40 toy drone with manual control.  Spark can not think for the pilot in atti mode - Spark only respond to commands & moves with the wind. The logs show stick commands - pilot error 100%  - you had control but did not realise.  Otherwise send the logs to DJI if they are incorrect & raise a claim.  

2018-6-15
Use props
Oxley88
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I didn’t have an audience at all so WRONG on that account there was no tears I am asking people for abit of info no stupid comments I know it’s not a £40 drone it cost a lot of money I didn’t use it as I toy I was wanting an Ariel shot of my work place for our website? Every time  i used its got gps straight away. I have have done over 70flights and never had this issue so sorry no pilot error I have raised a case with dji and hopefully they will replace if you can’t help in this matter like everyone else don’t bother commenting simple
2018-6-15
Use props
Flighty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

Sorry for your loss, hopefully DJi can help. However reading your flight log I see a very basic fault and that is you flew off with NO satellites, and NO GPS. Spark had no idea where it was  or even able calculate speed. Flying in Atti Mode is not easy !!...
2018-6-15
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Australia

Oxley88 Posted at 2018-6-15 00:19
I didn’t have an audience at all so WRONG on that account there was no tears I am asking people for abit of info no stupid comments I know it’s not a £40 drone it cost a lot of money I didn’t use it as I toy I was wanting an Ariel shot of my work place for our website? Every time  i used its got gps straight away. I have have done over 70flights and never had this issue so sorry no pilot error I have raised a case with dji and hopefully they will replace if you can’t help in this matter like everyone else don’t bother commenting simple

"No i noticed that the thrust was up but I put it down straight away it got stuck I had 3 people stood with me when I tried bringing it down :-("

If 3 people stood with you, that is an audience!
I can only respond to the information you wish to share - why change your story?
How can that be WRONG?
Myself & others are trying to help, but if you are providing misleading information it is not productive.
Why is imagining a scenario based on the details you supplied a stupid comment?

After 70 flights you should know better. You took off with all the alarms ringing.  Just 'cos you have experience does not mean Spark will obey your rules. Spark told you about the problems. Why ignore alarms just because it did not occur before?   

Spend some time in a real aircraft or a flight simulator, learn the local rules & fly safe!

If you want help, don't contradicted yourself & then question others for your errors!

Sorry for your lost Spark.

2018-6-15
Use props
genewSpark
lvl.2

United States

My Spark Flew away after 11 seconds of flight in a completely unobstructed and remote place.  At 500 feet away the Drone dropped reception to the controller and just flew away at 35 MPH never to be seen again. It could have flew into a highway traffic, kids in a park, path of an airplane. DJI looked at the flight data and said because it was in ATTI mode it was totally my fault. I feel this is ridiculous. They refuse to answer these questions:
1) Even thought it was in ATTI why did it loose connection to my controller in a remote area with no RF interference or physical obstructions?
2) There are audible warnings about taking off, landing, low battery, etc. but if you are at such a risk of  losing your Drone when unknowing it is in ATTI mode, why is there not a similar warning?
3) The area I was at had STRONG GPS signal which I tested, why will they not answer my question why the failure of the GPS was not the true problem. Search the GPS issues with Spark and see how many have had iGPS issues!
4) When the Drone lost connectivity to the controller, why did it not stop and hover as they said it should have done? I could have retrieved it had this happened.

I believe DJI should replace my Drone for 3 reasons:
a) GPS failure
b) Drone did not stop and hover when losing connectivity (thus could result in very dangerous consequences). Two DJI agents said it should have stopped by design.
c)  Inadequate warnings when flying in a dangerous condition they call ATTI mode

I look forward to DJI answering these points
2018-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules