100 foot limit
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkyFlyMike
lvl.2
Flight distance : 575167 ft
United States

Probalbly about once every 3 times I fly the drone, I get a message that I've reached my distant limit at
100 feet. The only way I can get rid of this is to fly the drone back,turn off and on the RC and then I'm fine.
This happens at any location. I'm using the P3P with an ipad mine2 with the DJI app.

Thanks

2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Sorry for the trouble. Is there other error message showing up on your screen? Also, you may need to disable the maximum distance on your DJI go app in order for you to get rid of the restriction. Please see the image below.

2018-6-12
Use props
SkyFlyMike
lvl.2
United States

I'll double check but I know i did disable the max button. It's strange because all I have to do is bring back the drone
and restart the RC and I'm fine.
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

SkyFlyMike Posted at 2018-6-12 12:09
I'll double check but I know i did disable the max button. It's strange because all I have to do is bring back the drone
and restart the RC and I'm fine.

Great to hear if it works that way! No worry, I will further check on this concern for you. Thank you by the way. Happy flying!
2018-6-12
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Does it ever ask you to take the short test?
2018-6-12
Use props
SkyFlyMike
lvl.2
United States

No. I just take off like always and no message until I get just past 100 feet.
When I reset the RC I"m fine until maybe 2 or 3 times later.
2018-6-12
Use props
SkyFlyMike
lvl.2
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-6-12 12:45
Does it ever ask you to take the short test?

Short test? Funny
2018-6-12
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Have you ever completed it?
2018-6-12
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>

There’s a ten question test that pops up for new users. The questions are about safety and rules related to UAS operation. If you have a + controller you probably didn’t have to take that test. If you have the Go 4 app on a mobile device connected to your RC, at some point you’ll have to take the test. I have no idea what happens if you fail or refuse to take it. On the two times I took it I passed on the first try. But I’m guessing Captain ALABAMA has some insight, and that’s why the question.

Jeff
2018-6-12
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

I think this could be due to the order you start up the things, if not done right the AC don't get informed that you're logged in to the app, for the same reason it has been recommended to restart the App when changing batteries during flights.
You could try next time to unplug and re-plug the device or restart the app and see if that makes it possible to continue without the need to go back and restart.
2018-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules