Captured some local scenery with P4P
935 12 2018-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChrisLX200
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10184 ft
United Kingdom

I was testing a new filter too - PolarPro ND4/pl, though I did not run a direct comparison (fail..). With the filter fitted the camera seems a bit front-heavy, I thought maybe I would add some counterbalance weight on the back of the camera to even up - anyone else tried that?

Not great video editing I'm afraid, but the area was scenic. The place is called Gradbach Hill, in the South Pennines UK. A warm sunny day.

2018-6-12
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

You got some nice footage of the countryside.

You do not need to balance out the drone because of an ND filter.
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Wow! Awesome video. Thank you for sharing! Keep it up!
2018-6-12
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1357356 ft
  • >>>
United States

it is really great being able to see so much of the world through the eyes of the forum users and drones.
2018-6-12
Use props
Markon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1296585 ft
Australia

nice video and scenery
2018-6-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Another gorgeous peek, into the world of the forum members. Awesome.

Thanks for taking the time to post and share your work.

RedHotPoker
2018-6-12
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>

great place and footage there ChrisLX200. Imagine the work to produce those fences, it'd sure bite into flight time.
That wasn't you jogging along the path was it
2018-6-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice footage     
2018-6-13
Use props
Tearuup
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123763 ft
United States

Great footage, beautiful area.  
2018-6-13
Use props
DanbyUrgess
lvl.4
United States

Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed your flight footage. Keep it up. To the skies!
2018-6-13
Use props
ChrisLX200
lvl.2
United Kingdom

sky wombat Posted at 2018-6-13 02:08
great place and footage there ChrisLX200. Imagine the work to produce those fences, it'd sure bite into flight time.
That wasn't you jogging along the path was it

Thanks and er. No. I don't do jogging! :-)  My eldest daughter + two dogs can be glimpsed at one point in the distance, she said the drone flew over her at one point sounding like a swarm of Bees but the dogs didn't react at all.

Thanks to everyone else for watching too, I admit it was far from the professional job others are producing and it was just a manual controlled flight - I'm getting to grips with Litchi which will improve things greatly I think!  Of course now we have a Summer storm moving in tomorrow with very high winds which will prevent flying for a while until everything calms down again.
2018-6-13
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>

If you are talking about the camera being front-heavy while the aircraft is powered off that is not a big deal.... as long as the camera itself can initialize while powering on. And you do not hear any whining from the brushless motors u are good to go.... if it can't initialize then you have a problem... I do think you should do this  with a bigger camera setup like the Inspire 2
2018-6-13
Use props
ChrisLX200
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 2018-6-13 13:49
If you are talking about the camera being front-heavy while the aircraft is powered off that is not a big deal.... as long as the camera itself can initialize while powering on. And you do not hear any whining from the brushless motors u are good to go.... if it can't initialize then you have a problem... I do think you should do this  with a bigger camera setup like the Inspire 2

The camera gimbal initialises OK and the results are very good, so no performance issues. On the other hand, anything you can do to make life easier for the tiny motors can only be a good thing (IMHO). There isn't a lot of space behind the camera but I think a few grams of lead sheet stuck on the back will do the trick. I will experiment (maybe today - def no flying in 40+ mph winds here!)
2018-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules