Dji Go 4.2.20 error 492 play store
2355 26 2018-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_1sAdlZFPmz2y
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112697 ft
Brazil

HelloAfter the update for version 4.2.20, i cannot install the dji app from play store.

The download reaches 100% then return to 55%, and begins a download for additional file.

At the finish of the additional file, the download stucks, and after a few minutes it shows an error 492 from google play store.

My cellphone is a Galaxy S8.

Anyone is having this issue?
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Have you tried to clear cache your play store and re-download the file again? Did we try to use a different mobile device to check if the issue will occur?
2018-6-13
Use props
FlyAlexandrefrr
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-13 10:40
Have you tried to clear cache your play store and re-download the file again? Did we try to use a different mobile device to check if the issue will occur?

Yes, I tried to clear Google Play cache. Does not work.
I installed in another phone (Sony Xperia C4), and the installation was successful.
I saw users doing the same complain, at the reviews of the app in the play store, filtering by the same phone as mine (Samsung galaxy S8 - SM-G950FD).
2018-6-13
Use props
EduOliveiraPhot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 146385 ft
Brazil

I have the Galaxy S8+ and having the same problem. Friends with another Galaxy models are downloading the update normaly.
2018-6-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

FlyAlexandrefrr Posted at 2018-6-13 12:00
Yes, I tried to clear Google Play cache. Does not work.
I installed in another phone (Sony Xperia C4), and the installation was successful.
I saw users doing the same complain, at the reviews of the app in the play store, filtering by the same phone as mine (Samsung galaxy S8 - SM-G950FD).

Thanks for the update, we will forward this issue to our engineers for further investigation.
2018-6-13
Use props
djiuser_yrD4AnP80PLU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57897 ft
Brazil

Good evening

This problem occurs to me too, I have a Galaxy S8 + and I could not download / update the app from the Play Store, it always gets stuck at 94.68MB and then it displays the 492 error.

Note: After this latest update has been released, this problem has started!

We are waiting for a solution.

Thank you.
2018-6-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_yrD4AnP80PLU Posted at 2018-6-13 19:14
Good evening

This problem occurs to me too, I have a Galaxy S8 + and I could not download / update the app from the Play Store, it always gets stuck at 94.68MB and then it displays the 492 error.

The issue has been forwarded to our engineers, kindly wait for the response for further information. Thanks for understanding.
2018-6-14
Use props
Pixels
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16250 ft
Brazil

Exactly same problem here - and same phone... hope the solution comes soon... i´ve uninstalled the app and now i´m without it...
2018-6-15
Use props
Charliejspark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286654 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-13 10:40

I have finally loaded 4.2.20 and have done it twice. Its a disaster. Video lag huge. and video breaks up. Quickshot not working. Function buttons get no response. App even goes on talking about the spark even when it is switched off!! . And more besides. My Spark grounded until this is sorted.
4.2.16 worked fine!
2018-6-16
Use props
FlyAlexandrefrr
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-14 09:53
The issue has been forwarded to our engineers, kindly wait for the response for further information. Thanks for understanding.

Hello.
Nothing yet? Any prevision?
I cannot install the app yet. Is there any link where I can download previous version? Or any palliative procedure?
2018-6-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

FlyAlexandrefrr Posted at 2018-6-21 15:10
Hello.
Nothing yet? Any prevision?
I cannot install the app yet. Is there any link where I can download previous version? Or any palliative procedure?

Are you having the same issue? Would you please provide the screen-shot of your concern and also the model of your phone? Are you having an issue downloading the application or this is for the update of the application?
2018-6-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Update: Just got an update from our engineers that this is the issue of Google Play. Please try to clean the cache or format the SD card to see whether it helps.
More details, please refer this link: https://drfone.wondershare.com/android-issue/error-492.html
2018-6-22
Use props
Pixels
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-22 00:54
Update: Just got an update from our engineers that this is the issue of Google Play. Please try to clean the cache or format the SD card to see whether it helps.
More details, please refer this link: https://drfone.wondershare.com/android-issue/error-492.html

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback, but this is not a Google play problem. I have the Samsung Galaxy S8, trying to install the latest version of DJI GO for Mavic (my drone) and I have tried this procedure with no success.
All other applications are downloading normally.

Although, if this phone has another special way to clean the cache (maybe another folder or something) if you could point us wich one we would be verty gratefull... it´s been more than a week without flying...
2018-6-22
Use props
FlyAlexandrefrr
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-21 16:00
Are you having the same issue? Would you please provide the screen-shot of your concern and also the model of your phone? Are you having an issue downloading the application or this is for the update of the application?

Yes, I opened this thread. I changed my Id.
Gerente follows the error.
My cellphone is Samsung Galaxy S8 - Exynos 8895
2018-6-22
Use props
FlyAlexandrefrr
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-22 00:54

This is not a Google play problem.
Other apps are installing normally. And there are many other people with the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ with the problem.
2018-6-22
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

try to upgrade your phone software. Also use the samsung maintenance menu to clear unwanted pgms from the memory.
2018-6-22
Use props
FlyAlexandrefrr
lvl.1
Brazil

S.J Posted at 2018-6-22 15:06
try to upgrade your phone software. Also use the samsung maintenance menu to clear unwanted pgms from the memory.

I already done this. Does not work.
2018-6-22
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
United Kingdom

FlyAlexandrefrr Posted at 2018-6-22 18:21
I already done this. Does not work.

In this case revert back to DJI GO 4 V4.2.12 which is the best version out there so far with OTG support for people who use OTG as well .
2018-6-22
Use props
stefano225spark
lvl.2
Flight distance : 329183 ft
United States

like he said ^^^
2018-6-23
Use props
Pixels
lvl.1
Brazil

Pixels Posted at 2018-6-22 02:45
Hello,

Thanks for the feedback, but this is not a Google play problem. I have the Samsung Galaxy S8, trying to install the latest version of DJI GO for Mavic (my drone) and I have tried this procedure with no success.

Got to make it work today.

The problem is that in this phone, there is a folder named dji.go.v4 in folder Android\obb. Had to rename it (it´s not possible to delete, maybe that´s what is causing all the trouble) to dji.go.v4.old. With this done, i got to install the application.

All credits go for the author of this video:

Hope it helps others too.
2018-6-23
Use props
FlyAlexandrefrr
lvl.1
Brazil

Pixels Posted at 2018-6-23 14:31
Got to make it work today.

The problem is that in this phone, there is a folder named dji.go.v4 in folder Android\obb. Had to rename it (it´s not possible to delete, maybe that´s what is causing all the trouble) to dji.go.v4.old. With this done, i got to install the application.

It Works!!
Thankss
2018-6-24
Use props
Flavspark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21768 ft
Brazil

I was facing the same problem in my Samsung S8+ and this solution works for me too.  Thanks!!
2018-6-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Flavspark Posted at 2018-6-27 04:34
I was facing the same problem in my Samsung S8+ and this solution works for me too.  Thanks!!

We will inform our engineers regarding with this concern, thanks for the feedback.
2018-6-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Update: Doube check with our engineers, the problem might be caused by the S8 mobile phone system bug. This issue only appears on S8 phones when downloading the APP which mode is installation package + obb (resource add-on package).
You may refer the below suggestions:
1. If the mobile phone is installed on an official system, please contact Samsung technical support for feedback.
2. If the mobile phone is a custom system, it is recommended to use the official system
3. Before the system repair, it is recommended renaming the folder dji.go.v4 to dji.go.v4.old.

Also, in order to locate the exact reasons and figure this out totally, our engineers need the below info for further analysis, please kindly offer at your earliest convenience, thanks in advance!
1. Android version
2. Mobile phone related firmware information, access method: Settings page -> About phone
3. Google Play version number, access method: GooglePlay Help&feedback -> right menu button -> Version info

2018-6-29
Use props
FlyAlexandrefrr
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-29 01:15
Update: Doube check with our engineers, the problem might be caused by the S8 mobile phone system bug. This issue only appears on S8 phones when downloading the APP which mode is installation package + obb (resource add-on package).
You may refer the below suggestions:
1. If the mobile phone is installed on an official system, please contact Samsung technical support for feedback.

obs. I renamed the folder dji.go.v4 in folder Android/obb, and the installation was successful after that.

1. Android version
2. Mobile phone related firmware information, access method: Settings page -> About phone
Galaxy S8
number model: SM-G950FD
Serial number: RX8K3063B2D

3. Google Play version number, access method: GooglePlay Help&feedback -> right menu button -> Version info
10.6.08-all [0] [PR] 200628961
2018-6-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

FlyAlexandrefrr Posted at 2018-6-29 04:36
obs. I renamed the folder dji.go.v4 in folder Android/obb, and the installation was successful after that.

1. Android version

Well received, thank you so much! I'll forward to our engineers for further analysis.
2018-7-1
Use props
MichealMedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 179026 ft

I meet this issue on my games, change the name to fix it. https://forum.xda-developers.com ... -error-492-t3806897
2018-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules