DJI Assistant App Password Problem
23660 22 2015-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
1012creativevis
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi, after setting the DJI Ronin up i'm now trying to use the DJI assistant app for ipad. Bluetooth is on. When I launch the app it asks me to enter a password for Ronin. Everything I try says failed. Is there something i'm doing wrong. Can anyone help.

I also tried to the DMG application for my macbook, to see if i can operate it from there. In the highlighted box that says 'click here' to reset the password nothing happens. I just cant seem to get the mac to connect via either ipad of mac. Can anyone help.

regards

Jase
2015-5-15
Use props
1012creativevis
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Any help would be great. Please. regards J
2015-5-18
Use props
jnash70
lvl.1

United Kingdom

1012creativevis Posted at 2015-5-18 20:51
Any help would be great. Please. regards J

Did you resolve this ? I am having the same problem.
2015-6-9
Use props
Dji support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

jnash70@me.com Posted at 2015-6-10 01:13
Did you resolve this ? I am having the same problem.

Hi, can you bind the RC to ronin?  After powering on , do the motors work?  Have you download the DJI windows driver installer?
2015-6-10
Use props
benjaminbouix
New

Belgium

Hi there,

Same issue here. Couldn't connect via Bluetooth, heard that i should setup a password first from the PC/Mac application. However, even using this, i can't set any password, only thing i can do is reset the password, but reset to what parameter ?
Help please.

2015-6-15
Use props
darrin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1004731 ft
United States

had similar issue had to plug in via usb wire to reset everything..
2015-6-18
Use props
hedizaiem11
New

Tunisia

hello i get the application and i dont know how can i get the password 6 carracters
after scanning  i find a problem  can somone help me how can i get this password of 6 carracters about DJI.Juan
thank you all
2015-6-25
Use props
drazen
lvl.1

Slovenia

Same problem…everything was working all right and suddenly the request for this password of 6 carracters about DJI pops up? How, where do I solve this major problem? We have a shooting tomorrow and I just can't get my app working and the dii ronin calibrated for the camera that we will be using…someone please help!
2015-7-6
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

drazen Posted at 2015-7-7 04:32
Same problem…everything was working all right and suddenly the request for this password of 6 carra ...

did you remember your password? tap in your password, did the window disappear?
2015-7-6
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

hedizaiem11@gma Posted at 2015-6-26 00:40
hello i get the application and i dont know how can i get the password 6 carracters
after scanning  ...

If you forgot your password, connect your Ronin to your PC, open the Ronin assistant software and try "Reset password", then connect the APP again and set your new account
2015-7-6
Use props
drazen
lvl.1

Slovenia

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-7-7 10:17
If you forgot your password, connect your Ronin to your PC, open the Ronin assistant software and  ...

Cathy hello,

thanks for the input…I have already tried with my original password but with no success…this 6 character is something completely new, this is something I have never set myself…and it is very annoying not being able to use your machine when on set, due to the automated change of password…like I said in my previous mail, I owe the dii ronin for over a year or so, and I have used it without any major failures, but this is something completely out of the blue.
2015-7-7
Use props
1012creativevis
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi. I sorted it in the end. I simply hadn't connected it using the USB. I thought i'd be able to do it just via Bluetooth. But it has to be done PC ( or Mac in my case ) to Ronin using the USB. You'll need to reset using the Software on the Mac/PC ( you can download it ) Hope that helps. Jase
2015-7-7
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

drazen Posted at 2015-7-7 16:22
Cathy hello,

thanks for the input…I have already tried with my original password but with no su ...

Once you click on "Reset Password" with PC assistant software, then you connect the APP, you can set any password you want, after you successfully set, it will remember it and does not change automatically
2015-7-7
Use props
drazen
lvl.1

Slovenia

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-7-7 20:28
Once you click on "Reset Password" with PC assistant software, then you connect the APP, you can se ...

Cathy hello,

followed your advice and I have fixed this issue. Thanks for the support. Me and my dii ronin are on the way to make some new amazing shots.
2015-7-7
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

drazen Posted at 2015-7-8 13:54
Cathy hello,

followed your advice and I have fixed this issue. Thanks for the support. Me and my ...

2015-7-8
Use props
drazen
lvl.1

Slovenia

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-7-7 20:28
Once you click on "Reset Password" with PC assistant software, then you connect the APP, you can se ...

This is the report from the field after successfully reseting my password and not so successfully upgrading to firmware 3.0…What I I did after the reset of the password is that I have also upgraded the dji ronin firmware upgrade 3.0. It turns out it was a big mistake at least in my case. The dji ronin app just didn't work as it should and ruined my whole day of shooting. The auto calibrate took literally ages to perform instead of the standard 30s up 1 min. And when the auto calibrate finally got through (we had to shutdown and reset at least 10 times) the dji ronin was completely off the axis, the pan and tilt didn't work at all - especially not with the remote which was what we need, the only thing that worked was the roll axis but that we didn't need at all. Anyone can help…all I need is to make my dji ronin work as it did 3 days ago, before the mysterious new 6 character password and the new 3.0 firmware…by the way my thumb controller is on the way and this is the main reason I choose to upgrade from my previous firmware...
2015-7-8
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

drazen Posted at 2015-7-9 05:04
This is the report from the field after successfully reseting my password and not so successfully  ...

1. Make sure GCU is V1.0, IMU is V3.0
2. Be sure to click Default after the firmware upgrade, otherwise the Ronin may not function properly.
3. Be sure to restart and then calibrate your Ronin after the firmware upgrade to prevent it from drifting. Click Calibrate System to begin the calibration, and restart the Ronin again after the calibration is complete. (During the calibration, it is normal for the motors to power off, and you must not touch the Ronin).
4. To check whether the issue caused by the firmware upgrade, you can also download the Ronin Assistant Software v1.4 to downgrade to the previous version
If you still have the issue, please kindly send your email to support@dji.com, we will contact your ASAP.
2015-7-8
Use props
drazen
lvl.1

Slovenia

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-7-9 10:31
1. Make sure GCU is V1.0, IMU is V3.0
2. Be sure to click Default after the firmware upgrade, othe ...

Cathy hello,

I will go today through all these steps that you mention and will report you my findings. Thanks for the info.
2015-7-8
Use props
drazen
lvl.1

Slovenia

drazen Posted at 2015-7-9 12:21
Cathy hello,

I will go today through all these steps that you mention and will report you my fin ...

Cathy hello,

so here is the feedback to my attempts to make my ronin a working machine. I followed all the steps from 1-3 that you suggested. (1. Make sure GCU is V1.0, IMU is V3.0
2. Be sure to click Default after the firmware upgrade, otherwise the Ronin may not function properly.
3. Be sure to restart and then calibrate your Ronin after the firmware upgrade to prevent it from drifting. Click Calibrate System to begin the calibration, and restart the Ronin again after the calibration is complete. (During the calibration, it is normal for the motors to power off, and you must not touch the Ronin).

And here is what happened

1. First thing that is very strange is that during the calibration process the ronin shuts completely power of and just hangs loose (the tilt axis lens down all the way so it hits the stand) and doesn't come back into its original center position. This his never happened to me with my previous firmware. In my previous firmware it just tilted 90 degrees down and got himself up. This sudden tilt down and lens hitting the ronin stand doesn't make any sense and can cause serious damage to a pricey lens.

2. When I restart the ronin after that. It starts drifting after 2-3 minutes. This is absolutely non acceptable since it is impossible to go on a professional set with a ronin that doesn't work properly.

3. Downgrading to dii assistant 1.4 like you suggested in your number 4 in the previous post, doesn't seem like a solution since I am expecting the thumb controller any day now, and to my knowledge without a firmware 3.0 it is not possible to configure and use the thumb controller.

My  GCU is V1.0, IMU is V3.0, which means they are both up to date. Please let me know what can be done to prevent the drifting and what can be done on the subject of non controlled camera calibration. I really wouldn't want to see my lens damaged, Thanks very much
2015-7-11
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

drazen Posted at 2015-7-11 21:50
Cathy hello,

so here is the feedback to my attempts to make my ronin a working machine. I follow ...

1. Make sure your ronin was balanced well before you turned on
http://www.dji.com/product/ronin/video
2. After the upgrade, please try default first and calibrate system several times to see
if you still have the issue, please kindly send your email to support@dji.com, we will help you, thanks a lot!
2015-7-14
Use props
drazen
lvl.1

Croatia

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-7-14 17:54
1. Make sure your ronin was balanced well before you turned on
http://www.dji.com/product/ronin/vi ...

Cathy hello,

so here is my update on the situation. The new firmware still tends to drift but not as much as a week ago. Exact calibration makes a huge difference in the performance. Seems to me that new firmware is more sensitive and more responsive to the one that was before and that is why it plays why the balance plays a crucial role to it. Despite that I also noticed, that rebooting / restarting also helps. The other day it was balanced perfectly and it drifted, and after a reboot it stopped. And this is something that should be definitely addressed.
2015-7-23
Use props
Christian Pollock
New

United States

drazen Posted at 2015-7-7 00:22
Cathy hello,

thanks for the input…I have already tried with my original password but with no success…this 6 character is something completely new, this is something I have never set myself…and it is very annoying not being able to use your machine when on set, due to the automated change of password…like I said in my previous mail, I owe the dii ronin for over a year or so, and I have used it without any major failures, but this is something completely out of the blue.

Having the same problem of the 6 character password? Where the hell did this come from? Anyone ccan help me figure this out? Have a shoot tomorrow?
2019-2-13
Use props
Christian Pollock
New

United States

Christian Pollock Posted at 2-13 19:12
Having the same problem of the 6 character password? Where the hell did this come from? Anyone ccan help me figure this out? Have a shoot tomorrow?

Also, I cant download the drivers on my MAc because it's saying update is not from App store? What is that?
2019-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules