Quickly Find Duplicate Files on Mac
6639 8 2018-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ha23ps0FDHQo
New

United States

If one day is good, you will find that your hard disk space is almost finished. You should start cleaning it up. Unfortunately, clearing cache files may not be enough to release large amounts of disk memory. In this case, it is time to find and process duplicate files, which may occupy important space on Mac. Here is the Method.

Method 1 - manually Find duplicate files on Mac

When you decide not to use third-party software, the process of finding and removing duplicate photos, documents, music or video files is not so simple and quick. Anyway, let's look at how to manually find and delete duplicate files on Mac.

One way is to sort files by size using smart folders in Finder.

Open the Finder window.

Go to Apple Menu > File > New Smart Folder.

Click the plus button on the upper right corner and select the search parameters: type, date, name, file type and so on.

Method 2 - Automatically find and clean duplicate file

Step 1: Download and LaunchiMyMac-Cleaner  in here. https://www.imymac.com/

Step 2: Choose Duplicate Finder Option and click scan button

Step 3: select duplicate file to clean

Step 4: Wait for cleaning complete

Hope it can help you. Welcome feedback

2018-6-13
Use props
Louis Juff
New

Poland

I have been using DuplicateFilesDeleter. It is quite good. I will give a chance to yours as well. You can also try DuplicateFilesDeleter if you ever come across problems with this one you have suggested.
2018-6-18
Use props
kelgbla
New

China

In my own opinion, TunesBro CleanGeeker is better for removing duplicates on Mac. scan is faster and can find more duplicates on entire drive. You can check the tutorials from here.
2018-10-16
Use props
Garry_Braun
New

Bulgaria

If you want to find , delete or both files, you can try some program like DuplicateFilesDeleter, which is very good in my opinion for this purpose.
2019-3-23
Use props
djiuser_f9B6XQasjsy8
New

Netherlands

iMyMac's Mac Cleaner can help you find the duplicateVideos, Music, Images, Documents...and to clean up.And iMyMac's Mac Cleaner software is free to use!
2019-8-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

thanks for the tip.
2019-9-9
Use props
VenkiiKR
New

India

Hey, you have shared an amazing information for us. I really need this because i wanted to delete so many duplicate files from my mac. thanks for sharing. i was using best duplicate photo finder mac yet. thanks for help
2021-2-17
Use props
LouiseG
lvl.1

Philippines

Looking for a software to find duplicate files? Please check out our tool Easy DupIicate Finder one of the most popular tool management available today. Trusted by millions of users worldwide. Our tool takes file management to the next level and fully automates the duplicate removal process with its 13 advanced scan modes, Easy Duplicate Finder will help you to free up tons of disk space and organize your documents, photos, songs, and other files.

You can download it here: https://www.easyduplicatefinder.com/.
It is free to use.
2021-11-24
Use props
Dong ZeYuan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 57060 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing.
2021-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now