1603 27 2018-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149265 ft
Netherlands

Hi all,

I'll be doing a road trip around Poland, Czech Republic and Germany in a few weeks. I have been checking what are the rules and regulations for each country and while some of the translations are not perfect, I get th eidea of what I can or cannot do. In the Czech republic seems to be a more restricted airspeace compared to the rest of countries I visit, but my question to everyone here is:

What would you consider in your experience flying in these countries? Any information you would like to share to be warned in advance?

Thanks!

2018-6-13
Use props
ku8az
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16647 ft
Czechia

Do not never ever try to fly close to the Prague's castle! Or over the cities at all. The rest can be pretty ok, I think we have the similar rules as not flying over people, national parks or monuments (like castles, churches etc.).
Just use your common sense.
2018-6-13
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Netherlands

Well, National parks avoidance in the Czech Republic is not that common in other countries afaik. At least a friend of mine living there warned me some time ago. I was surprised in the beginning.

Yeah the rest is pretty similar. What I didn't find is maximum height i there. I have been reading that in Poland the recommended max. height is 150m when you are far away from airports and such.
2018-6-13
Use props
orion71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439485 ft
Poland

My English is not the best. but when I come home from work, I will try to write what law is in force in Poland.
Will you fly only Mavic AIR or something heavier than 600g because it is very important.
2018-6-13
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Netherlands

orion71 Posted at 2018-6-13 04:37
Mój angielski nie jest najleprzy. ale jak wrócę z pracy do domu to postaram się napisać jakie prawo obowiązuje w Polsce.
Czy będziesz latał tylko Mavic AIR czy czymś cięższym powyżej 600g bo to jeest bardzo istotne.

Yes, only Mavic Air, which is usually light enough to avoid most of the weight regulations around the world
2018-6-13
Use props
ku8az
lvl.2
Czechia

Bokepacha Posted at 2018-6-13 04:27
Well, National parks avoidance in the Czech Republic is not that common in other countries afaik. At least a friend of mine living there warned me some time ago. I was surprised in the beginning.

Yeah the rest is pretty similar. What I didn't find is maximum height i there. I have been reading that in Poland the recommended max. height is 150m when you are far away from airports and such.

Maximum height in 5km circle around airports is 100 m, but you should better avoid of flying there.
Maximum height in other non-restricted areas is 300 m. Still, you should fly within your sight.
2018-6-13
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Netherlands

ku8az Posted at 2018-6-13 06:16
Maximum height in 5km circle around airports is 100 m, but you should better avoid of flying there.
Maximum height in other non-restricted areas is 300 m. Still, you should fly within your sight.

So 300 is the upper limit in Poland? Thanks! I didn't find that before. 300m sounds great as I am used to 120m in the Netherlands.
2018-6-13
Use props
ku8az
lvl.2
Czechia

Bokepacha Posted at 2018-6-13 06:18
So 300 is the upper limit in Poland? Thanks! I didn't find that before. 300m sounds great as I am used to 120m in the Netherlands.

No, in the Czech Republic. I don't have any clue about the max height in Poland
2018-6-13
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Netherlands

ku8az Posted at 2018-6-13 06:26
No, in the Czech Republic. I don't have any clue about the max height in Poland

Oh OK. My mistake. I actually wrote Czech Republic initially and modified to Poland after 30 seconds haha.
2018-6-13
Use props
Ridg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

I was in Prague a few weeks ago, I flew several missions from shooters island, and the metronome, these flights were pretty much just up and down the river e.g. always over water as this meant there was no fly over and should have been legit.

I found that there was interference extending around the castle and I was at least 700m away from the castle.

I think you'd be foolish to try and fly anywhere else in the city given the laws.

Personally I use google maps and measure the distance from places to check legalities and potential missions.
2018-6-13
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Netherlands

Ridg Posted at 2018-6-13 06:29
I was in Prague a few weeks ago, I flew several missions from shooters island, and the metronome, these flights were pretty much just up and down the river e.g. always over water as this meant there was no fly over and should have been legit.

I found that there was interference extending around the castle and I was at least 700m away from the castle.

No flying in cities. I plan to use it outside tourist areas. Cities are always a no-go in every country and tourist places like castles and such are hard spots, usually forbidden, but I use to ask first with an email, to cover my back.
2018-6-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You should be fine - enjoy
2018-6-13
Use props
orion71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439485 ft
Poland

Bokepacha Posted at 2018-6-13 04:38
Yes, only Mavic Air, which is usually light enough to avoid most of the weight regulations around the world

I am sending a link to an article in which the provisions of Polish law regarding the flying of drones are reasonably described. The article is in Polish but I think Google translator can help.

https://www.fotopolis.pl/newsy-s ... -latac-bez-licencji
2018-6-13
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4

orion71 Posted at 2018-6-13 22:27
I am sending a link to an article in which the provisions of Polish law regarding the flying of drones are reasonably described. The article is in Polish but I think Google translator can help.

https://www.fotopolis.pl/newsy-sprzetowe/branza/29176-filmowanie-i-fotografowanie-z-drona-jak-i-gdzie-latac-bez-licencji

It translates pretty much OK.

Thanks!
2018-6-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Germany does have some very strict rules regarding drones.
https://drone-traveller.com/drone-laws-germany/
So if you find a place you can actually fly, don't forget to put a nametag on you drone.
Maybe Wachtberg can give some practical tips!
2018-6-13
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4

Wow...that's quite a list for Germany. I will only go to Dresden, so I might skip the drone in Germany. Too much work for only 1 day and I am not into finding a metallic plate where I can put my data and stick it on the drone
2018-6-13
Use props
Ridg
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Bokepacha Posted at 2018-6-13 06:33
No flying in cities. I plan to use it outside tourist areas. Cities are always a no-go in every country and tourist places like castles and such are hard spots, usually forbidden, but I use to ask first with an email, to cover my back.

This is why I flew over the river, flying over cites is generally within x metres of building (country dependant) i.e. you can fly in open spaces (providing the space is big enough)(and other criteria are met).  

My comment about the castle is even if you were stupid enough to try and fly over the castle you'll probably find you can't as there is load of interference that extends well beyond the actual no flyzone over the castle.
2018-6-13
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

I haven't flown my drones outside the United States so cannot comment precisely, but having traveled to those countries before droning was popular. I would say the standards between all these countries I'd think are similar, as common sense should be the prevailing overall factor?
2018-6-13
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-6-13 23:50
I haven't flown my drones outside the United States so cannot comment precisely, but having traveled to those countries before droning was popular. I would say the standards between all these countries I'd think are similar, as common sense should be the prevailing overall factor?

Sadly you cannot just apply common sense as every country in Europe has slightly different rules. Some are very restrictive, some give you more freedom. Maximum heights are different, rules for different weights, etc.

Common sense should always be applied, but it won't save you from fines
2018-6-13
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Bokepacha Posted at 2018-6-13 23:57
Sadly you cannot just apply common sense as every country in Europe has slightly different rules. Some are very restrictive, some give you more freedom. Maximum heights are different, rules for different weights, etc.

Well I thought when in doubt it was just a good rule of thumb, but obviously it's always best to familiarize yourself with those local laws and regulations specific to each country.
2018-6-14
Use props
Free2be
lvl.3
Flight distance : 229570 ft

And what about Belgium, only fying over you private propertys and no higher than 10m!!
2018-6-14
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4

Free2be Posted at 2018-6-14 00:08
And what about Belgium, only fying over you private propertys and no higher than 10m!!

I guess I understand a bit now why Dutch people makes fun of Belgians all the time xD
2018-6-14
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Bokepacha Posted at 2018-6-13 23:05
Wow...that's quite a list for Germany. I will only go to Dresden, so I might skip the drone in Germany. Too much work for only 1 day and I am not into finding a metallic plate where I can put my data and stick it on the drone

Yes, for just one day this is probably not worth it, especially buying the insurance. The metal plate with your contact details is useful whereever you are.
2018-6-14
Use props
Ridg
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Free2be Posted at 2018-6-14 00:08
And what about Belgium, only fying over you private propertys and no higher than 10m!!

That's private use, the MA can be flown under Class 2, Class 1b and Class 1a (upto 300ft class 1) assuming other criteria are met.

The 10m law is essentially for toy drones for any age in your own home

https://mobilit.belgium.be/sites ... 01_drone_flying.pdf

The main problem is that every county differs in their laws and some don't make the information accessible

2018-6-14
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-14 01:28
Yes, for just one day this is probably not worth it, especially buying the insurance. The metal plate with your contact details is useful whereever you are.

True, although I was thinking about an adhesive with my information. Easy to replace, in case it wears faster than expected.
2018-6-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bokepacha Posted at 2018-6-13 23:57

They have plans on unifying those rules (to a great extent) in the EU.
Wait for end 2019 and it 'should' be implemented (not sure, but that is the general expectation)
2018-6-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bokepacha Posted at 2018-6-14 00:20
I guess I understand a bit now why Dutch people makes fun of Belgians all the time xD

That goes both ways if I understand correctly
2018-6-14
Use props
Free2be
lvl.3
Flight distance : 229570 ft

Ridg Posted at 2018-6-14 01:31
That's private use, the MA can be flown under Class 2, Class 1b and Class 1a (upto 300ft class 1) assuming other criteria are met.

The 10m law is essentially for toy drones for any age in your own home

Thats correct.
When you have to go for a 1 class qualifyed attest, you have to spend about 4000€.
Thats not my propose to go, I'm a recrative drone flyer and have to live in Belgium with the rules of 10m altitude. In the Netherlands, you can go up to 120m.
2018-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules