Ronin-S additional 8 pin camera cables?
17617 33 2018-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4bcb7b5a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 377644 ft
United States

Just recieved the Ronin-S today and was wondering if DJI is going to release more cables with the 8 pin connector? I have a Nikon D5300 and saw in the compbatibiltiy list that Ronin-S supports start/stop recording on the D5300, however the cables included in the box are not compatible with my camera.
Thanks
2018-6-13
Use props
silvideo-nyc
lvl.1
United States

I have the same issue with my Panasonic GH-4: all the provided connectors do not work. The provided MCC cables have USB connectors not HDMI type D as the GH-4 needs. I hope it gets solved soon.
2018-6-13
Use props
fans4bcb7b5a
lvl.1
United States

silvideo-nyc Posted at 2018-6-13 11:07
I have the same issue with my Panasonic GH-4: all the provided connectors do not work. The provided MCC cables have USB connectors not HDMI type D as the GH-4 needs. I hope it gets solved soon.

Agreed, it wasn't very clear how these features were supposed to work without the needed cables. I actually used the Zhiyun Crane 2 with the GH4 and in order to control the camera, it actually used a USB to 2.5mm cable so I think that's the cable you'd need, obviously with the 8 pin connector on the end of the 2.5mm as opposed to USB.
2018-6-13
Use props
silvideo-nyc
lvl.1
United States

My Zhiyun is also connected to the 2.5 mm RTS port of the GH-4 but I believe the Ronin is supposed to take advantage of the VISCA protocol of the GH-4, hence it has to connect via HDMI.
In all the videos I watch, it looks like the 8 pin connector goes directly to the HDMI of those cameras on the same side and not to the other side where the 2.5 mm is.
I really hope someone offers a good response.
Thank you.
2018-6-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

silvideo-nyc Posted at 2018-6-13 11:07

We have replied your own thread, please check here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-152453-1-1.html
2018-6-15
Use props
fans4bcb7b5a
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-15 01:38
The corresponding cable of your camera should be MCC cable, what happened when you connect the MCC cable to the camera? May I have more details about the issue?[view_image][view_image]

Neither of the MCC cables can actually plug into the Nikon D5300 as it does not have a traditional Micro-USB port nor USB C. The D5300 series uses what's called USB UC-E17. I have attached a picture of all the ports.

2018-6-15
Use props
Baraka
New
Flight distance : 110682 ft
  • >>>

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-15 01:38
The corresponding cable of your camera should be MCC cable, what happened when you connect the MCC cable to the camera? May I have more details about the issue?[view_image][view_image]

Hello, What about Sony A7r3. I plug the cable with camera and it only recognized the usb storage.
2018-6-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Baraka Posted at 2018-6-18 12:53
Hello, What about Sony A7r3. I plug the cable with camera and it only recognized the usb storage.

I have replied your another post in https://forum.dji.com/thread-152530-1-1.html, please keep us updated in one thread and we will keep following up.
2018-6-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans4bcb7b5a Posted at 2018-6-15 07:45
Neither of the MCC cables can actually plug into the Nikon D5300 as it does not have a traditional Micro-USB port nor USB C. The D5300 series uses what's called USB UC-E17. I have attached a picture of all the ports.

Sorry for the late response because of the holiday, the issue has been escalated to our engineers for verification and assistance, I will come back to you soon once I hear from them, thanks for your patience.
2018-6-19
Use props
fans8c601866
lvl.2
Flight distance : 147762 ft

I have the same issue with my D5100 since it has same ports as the D5300. Do we have an update on this case? The provided cables in the case does not connect to our nikons.
2018-6-28
Use props
fans0a553013
New

United Kingdom

I have the Nikon D7000 and have just received my Ronin S, none of the MCC cables are compatible with my camera either I wonder if there is a converter or if DJI will release Nikon compatible connectors because they are currently not compatible with the stated Nikon cameras it may have to be returned.
2018-7-13
Use props
Phatm8
lvl.2

Any Update on this DJI Mindy?
Like everyone else here, I have a Ronin S sitting in a box, as it's not compatible with my whole fleet of Nikons, (D5300, D7100, D4 x 2,  D4s) Are there compatible cables in the pipeline? Most of us have purchased this device after going through the initial compatibility list, and seeing our cameras listed, only to have the rug taken from beneath us once receiving the item! We cant even have the ability to just start and stop filming from the device.  We are working professionals that are losing out because we can not use the equipment we have purchased. It still isn't usable when in fact it was advertise as fully compatible.
2018-8-22
Use props
Caribbean
lvl.1
Curaçao

Same here. Nikon d5500, expected to have a communication cable. The camera was listed in de spec sheets. Is there any estimate when this will be fixed.
2018-8-23
Use props
djiuser_7aBB9lvQyVyn
New

United Kingdom

DJI please reply to this query I also have an incompatibility Nikon that was once listed as compatible how difficult is it to provide us with the correct MCC cable to fit our cameras would also like to know if it will be compatible with the Nikon Z7 just checking before I buy another camera which will not have the use of the ronin S gathering dust in my home
2018-8-23
Use props
Backlash
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42749 ft
Netherlands

djiuser_7aBB9lvQyVyn Posted at 2018-8-23 15:13
DJI please reply to this query I also have an incompatibility Nikon that was once listed as compatible how difficult is it to provide us with the correct MCC cable to fit our cameras would also like to know if it will be compatible with the Nikon Z7 just checking before I buy another camera which will not have the use of the ronin S gathering dust in my home

DJI already has you money, no need for them to make it a priority now.
2018-8-24
Use props
djiuser_7aBB9lvQyVyn
New

United Kingdom

Backlash Posted at 2018-8-24 00:27
DJI already has you money, no need for them to make it a priority now.

They also have a reputation to keep which is slowly going down the pan
2018-8-24
Use props
BlackMarkIt
lvl.1
United States

Is there any new info on the fix for this. I have a Nikon D750 and I am in total manual mode, using my hands to adjust the camera. The MCC plug is not the correct fit for the D750. DJI needs to correct the issue without it costing the consumers anything extra due to the false advertisement.
2018-8-29
Use props
Backlash
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42749 ft
Netherlands

The Nikon d5200 responds to the IR cable with the Ronin-S but when i press the record button it only takes a photo instead of start recording..
2018-9-7
Use props
fans65bbcbaa
New

Spain

DEAR DJI:

PROBABLY HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS f NIKON-DJI USERS AROUND THE WORLD ARE WAITING FOR A INMEDIATE SOLUTION TO THE INCOMPATIBILITY OF NIKON AND THE RONING-S . SINCE YOUR PUBLICITY IS  MISLEADING AND YOUR LACK  RESPONSE AND SOLUTIONS FOR MONTHS  IS WEIRD..IT  MAKE MAKE MANY PEOPLE THINK PROBABLY IS TIME TO START THINKING ON LEGAL ACTIONS, MONEY REFUND, SWITCH TO OTHER BRANDS, ETC . THE QUESTION IS: IS IT  SO DIFFICULT TO CONTACT NIKON AND GO FOR A FIRMWARE UPDATE GOOD FOR EVERYONE? MOST OF US ARE ALSO USERS OF MANY OTHER DJI PRODUCTS LIKE DRONS, STABILIZERS ETC. PLEASE DO NOT LET US CLUELESS, DISAPOINTED AND ANGRY
2018-9-18
Use props
Volg.in
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8143 ft
United Arab Emirates

fans65bbcbaa Posted at 2018-9-18 00:57
DEAR DJI:

PROBABLY HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS f NIKON-DJI USERS AROUND THE WORLD ARE WAITING FOR A INMEDIATE SOLUTION TO THE INCOMPATIBILITY OF NIKON AND THE RONING-S . SINCE YOUR PUBLICITY IS  MISLEADING AND YOUR LACK  RESPONSE AND SOLUTIONS FOR MONTHS  IS WEIRD..IT  MAKE MAKE MANY PEOPLE THINK PROBABLY IS TIME TO START THINKING ON LEGAL ACTIONS, MONEY REFUND, SWITCH TO OTHER BRANDS, ETC . THE QUESTION IS: IS IT  SO DIFFICULT TO CONTACT NIKON AND GO FOR A FIRMWARE UPDATE GOOD FOR EVERYONE? MOST OF US ARE ALSO USERS OF MANY OTHER DJI PRODUCTS LIKE DRONS, STABILIZERS ETC. PLEASE DO NOT LET US CLUELESS, DISAPOINTED AND ANGRY

All right ! +1
2018-9-19
Use props
djiuser_HWt6cyYLpEfb
New

United States

Same here...I have Nikon D7100 and none of the cable provided is compatible
2018-10-6
Use props
anubhavdeka
lvl.1
India

Same here. I bought the Ronin and I do not get any cables to interface with the camera? DJI, how do I solve this now?
2018-11-3
Use props
Waldemar Nowak9
New

Poland

The same problem. I bought the Ronin and I do not get any cables to interface with the camera (Nikon D5300)?
DJI, how do I solve this now? I'm asking for support.
2018-12-26
Use props
Caribbean
lvl.1
Curaçao

Dear DJI, still waiting for some comments regarding the Focus Wheel, RSS Cable and Camera Control Button for the Nikon D5500 and probably some other Nikon camera's. Then solution for the D5200 does not work.
2019-8-1
Use props
mrmazure
New
Belgium

Hi, I have the same problem as you with my Nikon D5300, I bought a Ronin SC that I received today, but obviously not possible to connect the basic UC-E17 cable (supplied by Nikon).

I found this on eBay, I ordered it, we'll see if it works. (for $3 I don't have much to lose) ha ha ha

www*ebay*com/itm/TYPE-C-OTG-CABLE-FOR-NIKON-Coolpix-Camera-UC-E6-UC-E16-UC-E17/254167817908?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

I'll keep you informed.
2019-8-6
Use props
djiuser_eJdRp0K6sNFz
lvl.1

mrmazure Posted at 8-6 10:50
Hi, I have the same problem as you with my Nikon D5300, I bought a Ronin SC that I received today, but obviously not possible to connect the basic UC-E17 cable (supplied by Nikon).

I found this on eBay, I ordered it, we'll see if it works.  (for $3 I don't have much to lose) ha ha ha

Hi, can you let us know if your cable sorted the issue?
2019-9-15
Use props
Ashleyillusion
lvl.1

Can anyone tell me how to make the Ronin-S supports start/stop recording on the Nikon D5300 please?
2019-9-29
Use props
djiuser_CabsEcRUt9Zf
New

What is about the connectivity Ronin SC and NIkon D5300
2019-9-30
Use props
Yogesh Somi Bhatt
New

India

Same issue with my dji weebil lab and Nikon d5200
2019-10-31
Use props
Jat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 116686 ft
  • >>>
China

djiuser_eJdRp0K6sNFz Posted at 2019-9-15 21:50
Hi, can you let us know if your cable sorted the issue?

I believe that is impossible. Ronin-S connects the phone via bluetooth. Connecting the camera to the phone directly does not help Ronin-S control the camera. You must connect Ronin-S to the camera using a cable.
2020-2-12
Use props
Jat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 116686 ft
  • >>>
China

I have Nikon D7100 and there are so many third-party remote shutter releases. Why does DJI engineer not buy one to find out how it works?
2020-2-12
Use props
djiuser_te3hRiHBHXw4
New

United States

fans0a553013 Posted at 2018-7-13 06:17
I have the Nikon D7000 and have just received my Ronin S, none of the MCC cables are compatible with my camera either I wonder if there is a converter or if DJI will release Nikon compatible connectors because they are currently not compatible with the stated Nikon cameras it may have to be returned.

Hello! I’m having the same issue. Did you by any chance find any solution?
2020-3-26
Use props
meadedawg72
lvl.1

United States

What’s the status of this?
Can you connect the Ronin S to Nikon D5300?
The DJI Part 4 IR control cable that I bought does not work.
2020-5-1
Use props
ViewFinders
New

Ireland

Hi, I know this thread is old now but wondering if a resolve was ever found. I have a Nikon D5300 and cannot connect it to the DJI Ronin S ?

Any advice greatly appreciated.
2021-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules