Inspire compatible tablet what a farce
2067 9 2018-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
danny2018
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1588 ft

I don't understand why not make things simple.

To me it seems like that DJI is only interested in making lots of money, which they are, but with very little or no customer support.

Since buying Inspire 1 i have bought Lenovo tablet, which turned out to be useless.

Then i bought (based on searching the net) google nexus 7 went through all the process and it doesn;t work, simply useless.

What i can't understand why DJI not make controller similar to Hubsan, their remote unit is the best with built in screen, everything on one board, it works.

Had to say that DJI have created a product which i would class as in its infant stage. The product is being sold world wide, but without much consideration given to many aspects that need much bigger improvements, still pending.

The drone itself works, it is good, but serious considirations has not been given to the remote control unit, why i can't understand.

I have read several comments on the net in U.K. and U.S.A. with people having to spend money on buying various tablets / phones to use the drone.

Now DJI has come with their own version os CS.

I don't understand why this wasn't thought of beforehand? It appears there is some kind of money making system going on here.

If it is to do with Apple then, it will be undoubtedly true, as Apple is only interested in making money.

Why can't DJI app run with every tablet which is powerful enough to handle it?

Why there is so much emphasis on Apple products, despite the fact that there are hundreds / thousand / millions and zillions of phones and tablets out there.

[size=14.6667px]I have never owned or used an Apple products, i have no interest in them, i prefer adroid which is much simpler and easy to use. Is ther any tablet that may work with DJI app.
[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]Yes i have seen DJI approved list, which is again limited when it comes to adroid devices, i am looking for a simple wifi tablet.
[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]I have been looking at Huawei mediapad M3 Lite, do oyu think this may work.
[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]It is frustrating that a product which is good, but fully developed, is being sold to the masses, with one aim, to make ££££££££££££.
[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]Surely there must be somone out there who may, just may agree with something as above.

2018-6-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello. We apologize for the inconvenience that you're having right now. In regards to your question about compatibilities android devices for Inspire 1, these are the Android devices: iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD.
2018-6-14
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

Considering that DJI cannot produce an iOS tablet ant the CS and P4P+ tablets are android based, I don't see the emphassis on apple devises. I think iOS devises have as many if not more issues with DJI Go, so it's not a matter of alliance with apple but rather DJI's lack of R&D to get a complete product to market. It's more of a rush to market tan develop to market.
2018-6-14
Use props
danny2018
lvl.1

mixchief Posted at 2018-6-14 05:30
Considering that DJI cannot produce an iOS tablet ant the CS and P4P+ tablets are android based, I don't see the emphassis on apple devises. I think iOS devises have as many if not more issues with DJI Go, so it's not a matter of alliance with apple but rather DJI's lack of R&D to get a complete product to market. It's more of a rush to market tan develop to market.

Yes i agree to me it is surprising that DJI are selling products which are incomplete and i don't think they thought about this properly before the launch.

This is why i find HUBSAN drones have much superior remote control units with a built in screen, all be it not as big or high resolution but they work at least and with further research it could be made much better.

Surely DJI can do built a remote unit with a built in screen. I have read so many reviews / comments in U.K. and USA and everyone is having the same issue, some tablets work some don;t.

At least DJI could build / invest in an app that is solid enough to support majority of devices.

2018-6-14
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

danny2018 Posted at 2018-6-14 05:51
Yes i agree to me it is surprising that DJI are selling products which are incomplete and i don't think they thought about this properly before the launch.

This is why i find HUBSAN drones have much superior remote control units with a built in screen, all be it not as big or high resolution but they work at least and with further research it could be made much better.

Look, believe it or not I started with Yuneec which also have dedicated android tablets incorporated into their remote which was pretty cool, first selling point over the DJI for me AT THE TIME! However as I flew and saw other's flying DJIs with big tablets that made me drool I was sold on the DJI, of course it became a love hate relationship, I love the good, I hate the bad, but fortunately for DJI the good still outweighs the bad, The Yuneec also just didn't have the camera I needed and the Inspire though not perfect, really demolished whatever I could get with the Yuneec. Yeah, she's an expensive frustrating nagging beotch of an aircraft, but like a girlfriend (not all my gfs mind you) when she pleases me she pleases me gooooood and she's a drain on my pocket...........
2018-6-14
Use props
Caspers driver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4540515 ft

Mixchief, you took the words right out of my mouth.

The inspire has me slobbering crazy at times, but when all comes together-totally in bliss with it.
2018-6-14
Use props
danny2018
lvl.1

mixchief Posted at 2018-6-14 13:33
Look, believe it or not I started with Yuneec which also have dedicated android tablets incorporated into their remote which was pretty cool, first selling point over the DJI for me AT THE TIME! However as I flew and saw other's flying DJIs with big tablets that made me drool I was sold on the DJI, of course it became a love hate relationship, I love the good, I hate the bad, but fortunately for DJI the good still outweighs the bad, The Yuneec also just didn't have the camera I needed and the Inspire though not perfect, really demolished whatever I could get with the Yuneec. Yeah, she's an expensive frustrating nagging beotch of an aircraft, but like a girlfriend (not all my gfs mind you) when she pleases me she pleases me gooooood and she's a drain on my pocket...........

Yes you are right, like the way you have described
2018-6-15
Use props
danny2018
lvl.1

Caspers driver Posted at 2018-6-14 16:14
Mixchief, you took the words right out of my mouth.

The inspire has me slobbering crazy at times, but when all comes together-totally in bliss with it.

Yes true, only if they had built in android screen would be amazing, or at least build an app which is capable of working with majority of devices.

There are apps for IOS & Android, and they all work with respective systems, so whay can't DJI do that.
2018-6-15
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

danny2018 Posted at 2018-6-15 12:40
Yes true, only if they had built in android screen would be amazing, or at least build an app which is capable of working with majority of devices.

There are apps for IOS & Android, and they all work with respective systems, so whay can't DJI do that.

They can and they have, however not without caveats. The problem starts with DJIs insistence on making their users into guinea pigs instead of completing the R&D themselves as it should be done. However greed rears it's ugly head and these guys tease, see the reaction and release stuff that really is in development, allow us to be their investors sort of speak AND as a bonus we have become the "developers" we b*tch and complain and tell them what is wrong and the brighter ones with better understanding actually suggest the solutions. Hey, free developers. However there is absolutely not another company able to compete with DJI, so they pretty much can do whatever they want, and we still let them and eat up what ever they throw at us. We are addicted after all. Do note that Android has way too many devises with way to many variations, seems that just because they are running the same OS they should all work like one and the same but they don't, so. much so that even the supported devises get freaky.
2018-6-15
Use props
danny2018
lvl.1

mixchief Posted at 2018-6-15 16:43
They can and they have, however not without caveats. The problem starts with DJIs insistence on making their users into guinea pigs instead of completing the R&D themselves as it should be done. However greed rears it's ugly head and these guys tease, see the reaction and release stuff that really is in development, allow us to be their investors sort of speak AND as a bonus we have become the "developers" we b*tch and complain and tell them what is wrong and the brighter ones with better understanding actually suggest the solutions. Hey, free developers. However there is absolutely not another company able to compete with DJI, so they pretty much can do whatever they want, and we still let them and eat up what ever they throw at us. We are addicted after all. Do note that Android has way too many devises with way to many variations, seems that just because they are running the same OS they should all work like one and the same but they don't, so. much so that even the supported devises get freaky.

Yes so true, you have put it perfectly. R&D is the key and to listen to customers but DJI has yet to learn that.
2018-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules