Drop frames and a big lag in Crystal Sky.
12Next >
10881 46 2018-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lichten
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2525705 ft
  • >>>
Israel

Hello!
I'm using my CS with my Inspire 1 pro and with DJI Go app.
As soon as I opened it I noticed that the lag is very strong. In my iPad Mini 4 the image is fluid as butter and almost in real time.

Before anyone ask my current version is V02.06.06.00 and my Inspire 1 and all its batteries are updated too.

When I'm using my CS with my Mavic Pro Platinum there's no lag at all and evetything is OK.

Who can help me with the problem?
I've tried everything from turning off the WiFi, Killing the DJI Go 4 app in the backround and even the D-Opt for the DJI Go.
Nothing helps.

I spent a lot of money on the Ultra Bright 7.85" and can't use it with a professinal drone.

THNX in regards.

2018-6-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Lichten, just to verify, have you checked the channels when the video lag appeared? Do you still remember the estimated altitude and distance at that time? We will appreciate if you can upload some sample for better assistance.
2018-6-13
Use props
Lichten
lvl.2
  • >>>
Israel

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-13 20:02
Hi Lichten, just to verify, have you checked the channels when the video lag appeared? Do you still remember the estimated altitude and distance at that time? We will appreciate if you can upload some sample for better assistance.

Hi,
I've checked all the channels and let the DJI Go do an automatic selection, nothing helps.
The lag appears when the remote controller connects to the craft, It's not even in any altitude or distance.
I'm uploading a video with the lag in the air..Sample Video with Lag
2018-6-14
Use props
PNad
lvl.2
Canada

I had the same issues with my M600, reset the CS and when you start dji go for the first time, dont enable GPS, Location and send data features, keep em all disabled. Thats how I fixed my dropped frames issue. Now its back to fluid.
Also, just to prove again its because of the CS built in GPS, as soon as you get your video feed and the craft is still in ATTI mode, the feed will be smooth.. until it gets into P mode and then its a lag fest !
2018-6-14
Use props
PNad
lvl.2
Canada

Heres my thread about it https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D463%26typeid%3D463

Consider yourself lucky to got someone from dji awnsering your thread !!
2018-6-14
Use props
Dronason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5689042 ft
  • >>>

Lichten Posted at 2018-6-14 01:25
Hi,
I've checked all the channels and let the DJI Go do an automatic selection, nothing helps.
The lag appears when the remote controller connects to the craft, It's not even in any altitude or distance.

Mine improved after I disabled caching of video and sound.
Not so happy to have to do it for a tablet at that price. Let's see when temperature will increase this summer if it still ok and pray to get a DJI update that finally solve all these issues.
2018-6-14
Use props
Lichten
lvl.2
  • >>>
Israel

PNad Posted at 2018-6-14 07:19
I had the same issues with my M600, reset the CS and when you start dji go for the first time, dont enable GPS, Location and send data features, keep em all disabled. Thats how I fixed my dropped frames issue. Now its back to fluid.
Also, just to prove again its because of the CS built in GPS, as soon as you get your video feed and the craft is still in ATTI mode, the feed will be smooth.. until it gets into P mode and then its a lag fest !

Hey!I did it a few times before you said it.
The Only problem is that the last option of not letting the DJI Go use your GPS have to be checked..
If not the app won't start..
2018-6-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Lichten Posted at 2018-6-14 11:54
Hey!I did it a few times before you said it.
The Only problem is that the last option of not letting the DJI Go use your GPS have to be checked..
If not the app won't start..

Lichten, thanks for getting back to us. May I know what's the current firmware of the Inspire 1? Is there any difference if disabled the video cache? We'd like to forward to our engineers to check the exact status.
2018-6-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

PNad Posted at 2018-6-14 07:25
Heres my thread about it https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=151568&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D463%26typeid%3D463

Consider yourself lucky to got someone from dji awnsering your thread !!

Sorry for the late response. I just replied to your post, please keep us posted there, thanks!
2018-6-14
Use props
Lichten
lvl.2
  • >>>
Israel

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-14 23:05
Lichten, thanks for getting back to us. May I know what's the current firmware of the Inspire 1? Is there any difference if disabled the video cache? We'd like to forward to our engineers to check the exact status.

Hi,
I'll try to turn off the video cache but this is not a solution. I've paid a lot off money on a product that doesn't work properly.
Please check for some future update and solution..

The craft version is 1.11.01.50
Both the remotes versions are 1.7.80
The CS DJI Go version is 3.1.38
The CS system version is 02.06.06.00
2018-6-14
Use props
Lichten
lvl.2
  • >>>
Israel

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-14 23:05

OK.
After testing. The video cache does improve a little bit, the thing that improves the most is turning off authorization of the GPS info in the DJI Go privacy settings (the DJI device GPS info and the Mobile device GPS info)
That is a very dangerous & important info I can't see when I'm flying the craft.
Do you have any solution?  
2018-6-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Lichten Posted at 2018-6-15 01:03
OK.
After testing. The video cache does improve a little bit, the thing that improves the most is turning off authorization of the GPS info in the DJI Go privacy settings (the DJI device GPS info and the Mobile device GPS info)
That is a very dangerous & important info I can't see when I'm flying the craft.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. This has been forwarded to our engineers for review, we'll come back as long as there is an update.
2018-6-15
Use props
Lichten
lvl.2
  • >>>
Israel

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-15 01:50
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. This has been forwarded to our engineers for review, we'll come back as long as there is an update.

Thank you.
I'll send a replay once a week to stay in touch till the problem solve.
THNX in regards.
2018-6-15
Use props
PNad
lvl.2
Canada

Yes I forgot that you can desable aprox location, but as you now see, the frame drops are caused by the CS built in gps
2018-6-15
Use props
Lichten
lvl.2
  • >>>
Israel

PNad Posted at 2018-6-15 08:13
Yes I forgot that you can desable aprox location, but as you now see, the frame drops are caused by the CS built in gps

Let's wait.
I hope someone in the big company will save us.
Have a nice weekend.
2018-6-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Lichten Posted at 2018-6-15 02:30
Thank you.
I'll send a replay once a week to stay in touch till the problem solve.
THNX in regards.

We'll keep following up until this issue figured out.
2018-6-20
Use props
gordgreer
New

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-20 01:52

Just popping in to see if this situation was resolved. On the fence of buying the CS because of crippling video transmission lag on my phone (GS7 Edge) for flying Mavic Pro. But from this forum's topic, seems like its universal. Also from other forums on here that DJI software especially "dislikes" Samsung products. I'm hoping that CS might be the silver bullet.
2018-6-27
Use props
Lichten
lvl.2
  • >>>
Israel

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-20 01:52

Hi Susan,
Just popping up and checking if there is any upcoming solution or an update on the unsolved situation?

2018-6-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

gordgreer Posted at 2018-6-27 03:57
Just popping in to see if this situation was resolved. On the fence of buying the CS because of crippling video transmission lag on my phone (GS7 Edge) for flying Mavic Pro. But from this forum's topic, seems like its universal. Also from other forums on here that DJI software especially "dislikes" Samsung products. I'm hoping that CS might be the silver bullet.

Sorry for the troubles. The video transmission lag may appear due to many factors. Does your issue appear frequently? Is there any difference if changed to another open field or recommended mobile device?
2018-6-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Lichten Posted at 2018-6-30 15:04
Hi Susan,
Just popping up and checking if there is any upcoming solution or an update on the unsolved situation?

Our engineers are still analyzing the reason, we'll come back as long as there is an update.
2018-6-30
Use props
DroneShots1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 119321 ft
New Zealand

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-30 23:44
Our engineers are still analyzing the reason, we'll come back as long as there is an update.

1 month later and have your 'engineers' come up with a solution? Or do you just prefer to take peoples money without actually fixing any problems??

This issue should have been picked up in testing by your quality team before the product was to be advertised as "compatible with Inspire 1".
2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DroneShots1 Posted at 2018-7-26 23:11
1 month later and have your 'engineers' come up with a solution? Or do you just prefer to take peoples money without actually fixing any problems??

This issue should have been picked up in testing by your quality team before the product was to be advertised as "compatible with Inspire 1".

Sorry for the inconvenience. Currently, the DJI GO in CS is optimized for the customized Android OS. You may try to reset the CS to see whether the issue remains.
2018-7-27
Use props
DroneShots1
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-27 00:55
Sorry for the inconvenience. Currently, the DJI GO in CS is optimized for the customized Android OS. You may try to reset the CS to see whether the issue remains.

I appreciate your fast response but we seem to be going nowhere here.

I understand the Inspire 1 audience is limited in comparison to the other drones out there, but we still exist and have paid a price for a product that doesn't seem to work correctly.

Can we expect a Crystalsky update soon?

Ideally i don't want to use Litchi as it makes my CS all hot and bothered.
2018-7-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DroneShots1 Posted at 2018-7-27 08:55
I appreciate your fast response but we seem to be going nowhere here.

I understand the Inspire 1 audience is limited in comparison to the other drones out there, but we still exist and have paid a price for a product that doesn't seem to work correctly.

Sorry, our engineers are locating the exact status, please allow them some time. We do not have the estimated timeframe of CS update for now. It will be released as long as it is ready. Appreciate your patience.
2018-7-27
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-27 23:58
Sorry, our engineers are locating the exact status, please allow them some time. We do not have the estimated timeframe of CS update for now. It will be released as long as it is ready. Appreciate your patience.

In the mean time, we waste our time messing with try this, try that, try other, getting no where; and not being able to use our DJI Drones / CrystalSky tablets.

Please make DJI's Top management aware that affected customers are not Happy at all.

2018-7-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-29 21:47
In the mean time, we waste our time messing with try this, try that, try other, getting no where; and not being able to use our DJI Drones / CrystalSky tablets.

Please make DJI's Top management aware that affected customers are not Happy at all.

I understand your situation, but our engineers are still analyzing the exact reason. More samples are appreciated for further assistance.
2018-7-31
Use props
DroneShots1
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-31 00:50
I understand your situation, but our engineers are still analyzing the exact reason. More samples are appreciated for further assistance.

Susan my darling..

The lag we are experiencing goes away when you enter the menu screen (clicking top right). Surely this can’t be a hard fix. I’ve narrowed it down to either the geometry data at the bottom or the camera information bar at the top.

How do I enter full screen mode on the Crystalsky DJI Go app?? On my iPhone I just swipe up with 1 finger.. it isn’t working on the CS

Thanks!
2018-7-31
Use props
DroneShots1
lvl.1
New Zealand

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-29 21:47

Hi  mate,

I’ve been playing about and googling for a few hours today.. I’ve 75% sorted out the problem.

The semi-solution is to use the DJI Pilot app. Go into settings > launcher settings > change DJI GO 4 to DJI Pilot.

The feed is not laggy in there, unfortunately though, you lose a lot of functions.
2018-8-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DroneShots1 Posted at 2018-7-31 22:41
Susan my darling..

The lag we are experiencing goes away when you enter the menu screen (clicking top right). Surely this can’t be a hard fix. I’ve narrowed it down to either the geometry data at the bottom or the camera information bar at the top.

Sorry for the late response. You can enter the full screen from here: General Settings>Full Screen Mode(Single Finger/Double Finger).
As you mentioned, the lag goes way when you enter the menu screen, could you upload a short video of your operation? I'd like to forward to our engineers for double check.
2018-8-3
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638911 ft
France

If I may suggest something.
This pb of bad video performances of CS with Inspire is well known and exists since the beginning. I searched for months about a solution, I'm afraid that this is due to an HW limitation (look what CPU is used in the CS...). In my case, originally the CS lag was so bad that it was not usable with my Inspire 1 Pro. Looking everywhere on the web I found a partial solution which consists of rolling back the Inspire FW 2 years ago (at that time it was working perfectly with an Ipad Mini2 lol). It's not 100% efficient but it's quite usable.
The support of DJI for the CS is so weak.... I guess that DJI is well aware that they can do nothing with the current HW and they are working to redesign it completely.
2018-8-4
Use props
Aimbraguglio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 73835 ft
United States

Susan

It would seem easy for the engineers to reproduce the problem as everyone has this problem.    You can just take any number of units that are returned and use them out in the field to see the problem.    It’s a good thing your drones do not perform like CrystalSky else you would not have a job because no one would buy your products.

I am optimistic that the iPhone XS Max will satisfy my needs.
2018-10-20
Use props
Mario A.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 930161 ft
Germany

I got the same issues with my Inspire 1 Pro and Crystal Sky Ultra. You got a video feed with big latency and dropped frames. A setup where it´s impossible to record smooth video.

DJI is just selling Beta-Status products over and over again.
2018-11-2
Use props
fans909343e3
lvl.2

Spain

I have the same problem with CS and P4P v2.0. Everything updated to latest firmware and this is a lag fest. I don´t understand how after all this time this hasn´t been sorted out. Disabling location from settings and turning on airplane mode seems to fix most of it, but it´s clear to me that its a mixture of bad software & under powered hardware. Kind of the same with DJI Googles, overpriced, limited hardware and beta software. Going to put the brakes on buying additional hardware from this company until they at least give efficient support. It´s just not serious business to ask for that amounts of money for a product and then leave it in oblivion.
2019-1-2
Use props
virgiliocatarsi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2297 ft
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-15 01:50

Hello, just FYI got same problem with Inspire Pro/ CS here ...delay on CS is much more than on IPhone ...
2019-1-18
Use props
virgiliocatarsi
lvl.1
  • >>>
Italy

Did anybody solve this issue ?
As you can see on my short video , delay on CS screen (R) is much more than on IPhone 6 (L)
Thks in adv for help ...
Virgilio fm Italy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsgr0ZcIVgM&feature=youtu.be
2019-1-18
Use props
virgiliocatarsi
lvl.1
  • >>>
Italy

Did anybody solve this issue ?
As you can see on my short video , delay on CS screen (R) is much more than on IPhone 6 (L)
Thks in adv for help ...
Virgilio fm Italy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsgr0ZcIVgM&feature=youtu.be
2019-1-18
Use props
bnewman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6285066 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-31 00:50

Lag on the Crystalsky has been a problem for quite a while with both my Phantom 3 Pro and my Inspire 1 v2 when using the Go app.
There is no lag on the Crystalsky when using the Go4 app with my Phantom 4 Pro and Mavic 2 Pro.
There is no lag on the Crystalsky when using Litchi with the Phantom3 Pro and Inspire 1,
There is no lag on the Crystalsky when using the Go app on my iPad Mini 4 with the Phantom 3 Pro and Inspire 1.
All firmwares and all apps are on latest versions on all devices.

Thus is a problem with the current version of the Crystalsky Go app.

DJI: please fix the Go app and push out an update.  DJI Susan, you will be my hero if you can make this happen!
2019-1-18
Use props
bnewman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6285066 ft
  • >>>
United States

bnewman Posted at 1-18 17:56
Lag on the Crystalsky has been a problem for quite a while with both my Phantom 3 Pro and my Inspire 1 v2 when using the Go app.
There is no lag on the Crystalsky when using the Go4 app with my Phantom 4 Pro and Mavic 2 Pro.
There is no lag on the Crystalsky when using Litchi with the Phantom3 Pro and Inspire 1,

So right after writing the above post I went into the Crystalsky Go app and checked one more time for an update. And to my surprise there was one — 3.1.50.
I installed it not expecting it to fix the lag issue. But when I took it out for a quick front yard test flight there was little to no lag. I will need to do more testing during the day but I am hopeful!
2019-1-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

bnewman Posted at 1-18 19:03
So right after writing the above post I went into the Crystalsky Go app and checked one more time for an update. And to my surprise there was one — 3.1.50.
I installed it not expecting it to fix the lag issue. But when I took it out for a quick front yard test flight there was little to no lag. I will need to do more testing during the day but I am hopeful!

Sorry for the late response. Please keep us updated on the latest progress, thank you!
2019-1-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

virgiliocatarsi Posted at 1-18 09:14
Hello, just FYI got same problem with Inspire Pro/ CS here ...delay on CS is much more than on IPhone ...

Hi Virgilio, may I know which drone do you use and what's the current firmware of aircraft, controller and App version? Please also provide us with the system of CrystalSky, we'll check at our end.
2019-1-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules