Order of forum postings
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WhiteLightnin‘
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136463 ft
Canada

I am really curious about the order of postings in any forum. There a numerous threads that are extremely long. This neccessitates the need to scroll to China to read the last one. Also posts are not dated clearly.

I propose to have LIFO (last in first out). The last post would be first read rather than LILO, latest post last (last in last out). Dont you just love acronyms? Lol.

Usually when I read posts, I find it time consuming to go to where I left off, for example a few days ago, let alone the exact post I last read. Imagine shuffling through many pages of paper to get the headline news when it should be on the front page!

I would prefer this go to an admin and let them create a concensus vote on forum post order. Anyone is welcome to provide their thoughts.

Thanks
2018-6-13
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

omg noooooo, not many forums i have used in the past that have last in 1st out, i HATE that way with a vengence, means you have to go to the end to get to the start, makes no sense
2018-6-13
Use props
WhiteLightnin‘
lvl.4
Canada

Bashy Posted at 2018-6-13 19:15
omg noooooo, not many forums i have used in the past that have last in 1st out, i HATE that way with a vengence, means you have to go to the end to get to the start, makes no sense

Well perhapsIi have been misunderstood.

Have the latest post first then the remainder in descending order by date. When opening the thread the last most active post is first. To me, it is more logical and intuitive. I write these programs as a living. Having the latest first makes more sense to me.

Thank you for your thoughts.
2018-6-13
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

WhiteLightnin‘ Posted at 2018-6-13 22:18
Well perhapsIi have been misunderstood.

Have the latest post first then the remainder in descending order by date. When opening the thread the last most active post is first. To me, it is more logical and intuitive. I write these programs as a living. Having the latest first makes more sense to me.

Sorry, but it does not make sense to me. Currently, you read the posts in the order they were created, and most people consider that the logical way. The other way is too like the comments on YouTube, and I hate the way they work.
2018-6-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I sort of like it the way it is  now!
2018-6-13
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

I agree with Bashy and Geebax,
Only thing i am missing is to able to click somewhere, perhaps the timestamp for last post and get directly to that post, specially on the old multi page threads, that way there would by only a little scrolling up that catch up from last reading in the thread.

I guess clicking the New found at some subjects somehow tries to do what i am missing but then it won't open in new tab and i keep getting the list closed after reading.
2018-6-14
Use props
WhiteLightnin‘
lvl.4
Canada

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-14 02:07
I agree with Bashy and Geebax,
Only thing i am missing is to able to click somewhere, perhaps the timestamp for last post and get directly to that post, specially on the old multi page threads, that way there would by only a little scrolling up that catch up from last reading in the thread.

Thanks for your thoughts. Just an idea as I do not like the long scroll.

Fly safe!
2018-6-14
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

If we lived in the Bizarro World, I would agree with the OP.

2018-6-14
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If a member has not posted then trying to weed out where they last read from as a bit more work, having a Recent unread topics then when clicked knows where youve read from like other forums have such as as VBulletin and SMF (Simple Machines forum) the latter is free btw  and many more BUT, many have to realise this, that for the most part, i think this forum was coded for DJI hence it is lacking in many ways, failing that or its a very simplistic free version. Im mean, crikey, SMF is much, much better than this forum software in many ways but, as its free, their name and link must be kept in the footer, that could be where DJI felt a coded forum would be best. We dont know why theyve gone this route, or perhaps we do........
2018-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules