Tilted Horizon issues on Phantom 3 pro
22979 52 2015-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MrWho
lvl.2

Denmark

Geebax Posted at 2016-2-21 01:53
So, let me get this straight. If you power up the aircraft sitting on a bench, without running the ...

Returning to where it starts from, Yes. Whether or not it's the true center, is hard to tell when you are inside. Its movement is very slow when the motor is not running though. It's a bit more noticeable when the motors is idling (discharging the battery), but stil very slow.
2016-2-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

MrWho Posted at 2016-2-22 05:32
Returning to where it starts from, Yes. Whether or not it's the true center, is hard to tell when  ...

This sounds like an error in the software to me. Perhaps you could go back one firmware revision and then come up again to see if it fixes it. If not, then it might mean a trip to DJI to be repaired.
2016-2-21
Use props
MrWho
lvl.2

Denmark

Geebax Posted at 2016-2-21 23:21
This sounds like an error in the software to me. Perhaps you could go back one firmware revision a ...

That is what I am afraid of. The shipping seems to be harsh on the little drone. Also, I've seen stories about drones being send for repair, only to return from DJI in worse condition than it left in?

How easy is it to flash an older firmware on the drone/controller? I expect there to be a system that checks for firmware revisions and prevent you from flashing an older firmware?
2016-2-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

MrWho Posted at 2016-2-22 15:24
That is what I am afraid of. The shipping seems to be harsh on the little drone. Also, I've seen s ...

Apparently it is quite simple, although I have not done it, you simply place the older version on the SD card, making sure no other version is on it, and insert it into the aircraft and power it on.
2016-2-21
Use props
MrWho
lvl.2

Denmark

Geebax Posted at 2016-2-22 06:01
Apparently it is quite simple, although I have not done it, you simply place the older version on  ...

OK.
One would think there where a revision check, like in bios' and mobile phones etc.
2016-2-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

MrWho Posted at 2016-2-22 16:47
OK.
One would think there where a revision check, like in bios' and mobile phones etc.

It seems not, which is why you can actually go back at least one revision.
2016-2-22
Use props
MrWho
lvl.2

Denmark

Geebax Posted at 2016-2-22 09:48
It seems not, which is why you can actually go back at least one revision.

Well, it's worth a try.
2016-2-22
Use props
gregorum
lvl.1
Flight distance : 613241 ft
Australia

Have you tried the Gimbal Roll adjustment in settings?
2016-3-1
Use props
MrWho
lvl.2

Denmark

gregorum@hotmai Posted at 2016-3-2 07:32
Have you tried the Gimbal Roll adjustment in settings?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMaybHT0rjw

Yes, but I don't see how this is related to the other problems mentioned. The point is, that it's tilted from the start. And it drifts.
2016-3-2
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

This website helps. It has all the fw versions but also a very useful tool to remove any firmware so you can load whatever fw you wish. Not just go back one level

http://thedailydroner.com/threads/dji-phantom-3-firmware.11/
2016-3-2
Use props
rwilletts
New

Canada

If your gimbal sits crooked eachtime you turn on your drone and you have to recalibrate each time, your roll shaft may be physically misaligned. This can easily happen with a small impact to the gimbal or even by moving it while the drone is powered off.  Fortunately, this is an easy fix, this video shows how to realign the shaft in about 5 minutes. I tried this on my Phantom 3 Advanced, and sure enough, the flat side of the shaft was not aligned with the camera, I lined it up, and boom, problem was solved, when I turned on my drone, the camera lined up perfectly horizontal. I am not guaranteeing this will fix all horizontal issues, but it fixed mine.

2016-9-14
Use props
Mr. Wh0
lvl.2

Denmark

rwilletts Posted at 2016-9-14 23:45
If your gimbal sits crooked eachtime you turn on your drone and you have to recalibrate each time, y ...

This seems, like a potential solution. If it however is the cause of the problem.
I just feel like I am going to shoot myself in the foot, if I disassemble parts of the gimbal. Only to get rejected by DJI for tampering with the device, if later problems show up.
2016-11-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Even though, understandably this is an old thread. The subject continues to trouble some here.
Seems strange to me, that a cold IMU followed with a gimbal calibration is not working for many of you.
That method has helped so many others, I have already lost count...

If it doesn't work on your drone, then perhaps your model will have to be sent in, for assessment and technical repair.
I know that's not the answer you wish to hear, but why continue on, unhappy, if it can be repaired correctly for you?

RedHotPoker
2016-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules