DJI GO mod missions
7879 37 2018-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Did someone use or tested this third party app???

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.zalomskij.mission&hl=en_US
2018-6-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi,

Thank you for raising your concern to us. We would like to remind you that we only recommend DJI Go 4 app for your drone to ensure the safety of it.
2018-6-14
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Netherlands

LOL , I suggest to hire some new software enigineers then
2018-6-16
Use props
graywoulf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91033 ft
United States

On that note... "I suggest to hire some new software engineers then" I totally agree. The fact that the Go 4 app is not capable of setting waypoints is a big letdown in my opinion. Still, with all of the reports of fly aways, lost signals and totally lost drones, I am afraid to fly my Spark anymore. The Go 4 upgrades have caused a lot of problems and DJI apparently has turned a deaf ear to these issues which gives new apps like this as well as Litchi and Autopilot a lot of attention and hope for a better app to fly with. Then you get a statement like DJi Paladin made advising that "DJI recommends to use their app only". Imagine that. The other issue with the third party apps as I hear it is that if there is an Issue with the drone due to any type of component failure while using a third party app, then your warranty is totally void. I also hear that if you install an earlier and stable version of the Go 4 app that by doing so, your warranty is no good either. Not good support from my point of view.
2018-6-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

graywoulf Posted at 2018-6-17 06:03
On that note... "I suggest to hire some new software engineers then" I totally agree. The fact that the Go 4 app is not capable of setting waypoints is a big letdown in my opinion. Still, with all of the reports of fly aways, lost signals and totally lost drones, I am afraid to fly my Spark anymore. The Go 4 upgrades have caused a lot of problems and DJI apparently has turned a deaf ear to these issues which gives new apps like this as well as Litchi and Autopilot a lot of attention and hope for a better app to fly with. Then you get a statement like DJi Paladin made advising that "DJI recommends to use their app only". Imagine that. The other issue with the third party apps as I hear it is that if there is an Issue with the drone due to any type of component failure while using a third party app, then your warranty is totally void. I also hear that if you install an earlier and stable version of the Go 4 app that by doing so, your warranty is no good either. Not good support from my point of view.

We understand your concern, rest assured that we will keep improving our application to provide more features and provide better service as well.
2018-6-17
Use props
Ram481
lvl.1
India

Dear Jos A

Have you tested the App ??
2018-6-17
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-6-17 14:04
I have not used the specific app you mention, but have used the Litchi app hundreds of times to create complex missions.  It works flawlessly so long as you do your homework on altitudes required to clear obstacles & terrain.

https://youtu.be/13xDweAO7Vs

And how? On the official website of Litchi this is the text: "Waypoint mode is supported by all DJI drones except Spark."

I tried and really does not work ...
2018-6-17
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

Ram481 Posted at 2018-6-17 09:11
Dear Jos A

2018-6-17
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Netherlands

I assume it's the dji go4 modded app in combi with DJI go mod missions?Does it work great?
I going to test it this weekend

2018-6-18
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Netherlands

Ram481 Posted at 2018-6-17 09:11
Dear Jos A

I will test it in this weekend. But you need a modified app to let your Spark fly waypoints.
2018-6-18
Use props
graywoulf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91033 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-17 08:32
We understand your concern, rest assured that we will keep improving our application to provide more features and provide better service as well.

Thanks Tony for the reply. I really don't like to sound so negative but as I said, there has been a lot of reported problems with the Go 4 app and I am afraid to fly my new Spark because of them. These reports are coming from many sources including YouTube and every forum I watch. One would think that  DJI would immediately address these issues and yes, I do see newer versions coming out  but the lost signals and lost drone stories keep coming out even after the updates. I can't even find definitive information on what issues are covered by warranty. There are so many people telling stories about their warranty claims being denied for many reasons yet there are reports of great service as well. It would really be nice if DJI uploaded a video to YouTube giving us all a comprehensive report of the status of where DJI is standing at this time and what has been addressed and what us drone owners can expect to happen. Also in that video it would be a huge help if the warranty and Care Refresh claims will cover and how to properly submit them in order to assure a fast response. I and I am sure that others like me have had our share of frustration over these issues and are weary of trying to sort thorough all of the random reports and stories in looking for as they say, "the bottom line". I appreciate all of the things that DJI is doing but all of us need to know the facts. Thank you.
2018-6-18
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

graywoulf Posted at 2018-6-18 09:11
Thanks Tony for the reply. I really don't like to sound so negative but as I said, there has been a lot of reported problems with the Go 4 app and I am afraid to fly my new Spark because of them. These reports are coming from many sources including YouTube and every forum I watch. One would think that  DJI would immediately address these issues and yes, I do see newer versions coming out  but the lost signals and lost drone stories keep coming out even after the updates. I can't even find definitive information on what issues are covered by warranty. There are so many people telling stories about their warranty claims being denied for many reasons yet there are reports of great service as well. It would really be nice if DJI uploaded a video to YouTube giving us all a comprehensive report of the status of where DJI is standing at this time and what has been addressed and what us drone owners can expect to happen. Also in that video it would be a huge help if the warranty and Care Refresh claims will cover and how to properly submit them in order to assure a fast response. I and I am sure that others like me have had our share of frustration over these issues and are weary of trying to sort thorough all of the random reports and stories in looking for as they say, "the bottom line". I appreciate all of the things that DJI is doing but all of us need to know the facts. Thank you.

I completely agree!
2018-6-18
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Netherlands

Works like a charm, I like this app
2018-6-22
Use props
byronarregui
lvl.2
Flight distance : 67923 ft
  • >>>
Ecuador

Yes, I have used with my spark, and it works so good. I have made some 3D maps.
2018-8-30
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Netherlands

byronarregui@ho Posted at 2018-8-30 13:11
Yes, I have used with my spark, and it works so good. I have made some 3D maps.

Cool , can you show us?
2018-8-30
Use props
Zeflex514
lvl.2
Flight distance : 222743 ft
Canada

Jos A Posted at 2018-8-30 20:57
Cool , can you show us?

Yep interested too!!
2018-10-7
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
India

Zeflex514 Posted at 2018-10-7 12:53
Yep interested too!!

kindly share the link to these mod apps and the waypount creation app.
2018-10-7
Use props
Zeflex514
lvl.2
Canada

The waypoint creation app is DJI GO MISSION.

For the modded app, I do not know if I can provide a link or upload the apk (android) and share it here...
2018-10-7
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-17 08:32

Improve?
My understanding is that the DJI Go4 App HAS waypoints. (And more intelligent flightmodes)
DJI's improvment here was to "castrate" the Go4 build in functions , in case a spark is connected.

So it would just need a "go" from DJI, to let the spark do waypoint missions with the latest Go4.

But perhaps I am wrong and is coincidental, that the very same app has waypoints and others, if used with a Mavic pro, but just one page of intelligent flight modes with the spark.

2018-10-7
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Zeflex514 Posted at 2018-10-7 21:39
The waypoint creation app is DJI GO MISSION.

For the modded app, I do not know if I can provide a link or upload the apk (android) and share it here...

you don't need
google: dji mod 2.0 /lite
2018-10-7
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Netherlands

I had nothing to do then google, found the latest version of Litchi here:
https://ufile.io/s2a6x
2018-10-8
Use props
Zeflex514
lvl.2
Canada

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-10-7 21:51
you don't need
google: dji mod 2.0 /lite

Yes I use the dji go 4 mod 2.0, nice share
2018-10-8
Use props
Col. Sam Pimton
lvl.1
Thailand

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 2018-6-17 16:38
And how? On the official website of Litchi this is the text: "Waypoint mode is supported by all DJI drones except Spark."

I tried and really does not work ...

The latest version 4.9.0-g is supported for Dji Spark na
2018-10-8
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Netherlands

Col. Sam Pimton Posted at 2018-10-8 20:04
The latest version 4.9.0-g is supported for Dji Spark na

yes see link
2018-10-9
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi folks,

It seems to work, but I did not find a POI mode, only raster. Did I miss it?

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-10-9
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Netherlands

No poi mode for the app dji go mission, use poi mode from theDJI go 4 mod app, DJI go mod missions is only for planning and saved a waypoint mission in combination with the DJI go 4 mod app.
2018-10-9
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Austria

Jos A Posted at 2018-10-9 04:15
No poi mode for the app dji go mission, use poi mode from theDJI go 4 mod app, DJI go mod missions is only for planning and saved a waypoint mission in combination with the DJI go 4 mod app.

Hi Jos,

Too bad.
Unfortunately the IFM poi mode does not really work well for structures that are in the shadow on one side, in the sun on the other. Sparky then looses its target and returns home directly. I have a video somewhere...have to put it up.
Also if the object of interest is big (like a house or so) you have nothing useful to mark. A GPS position for the center of the circle would be much more useful.

Cheers
Wolferl
2018-10-9
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Austria

Here is the video:

The intention was to fly a circle around that big black Lava rock. Shortly after starting, the Spark has problems keeping the rock in the center, then looses target completely and returned home automatically. Lucky me, I ensured to be high enough above the rocks top before starting the circle.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-10-9
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Netherlands

Then try the litchi app, it focus on a gps point(poi) you get a smooth circle! see message 23
2018-10-9
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
India

yep,  it works perfectly well.... but my landing still needs to be done manually due to the jumpy effect...
2018-10-9
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Wolferl Posted at 2018-10-9 04:28
Here is the video:
https://youtu.be/ZVfD-gFaE5U

Isn't the Go4 mod 2.0 offering a poi, flying first above the object to center the poi, after you chose the diameter of the circle.
Haven't really used it, but I have tried it, I think.
And I assume, that thing circles around the GPS position, then!
2018-10-9
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Netherlands

Oke, thanks didn't know that
2018-10-9
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Jos A Posted at 2018-10-9 23:24
Oke, thanks didn't know that

"And I assume, that thing circles around the GPS position, then!"

Actually it is doing excatly that.
I remember I did that poi with the moded app, and it doesn't matter where you point the camera at , even on 0° or -85°, so no tracking, it just circles around the poi-position.
2018-10-10
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Germany

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-10-10 03:26
"And I assume, that thing circles around the GPS position, then!"

Actually it is doing excatly that.

Hi Seven,

I never noticed that, I'll try that. Thanks for the heads up!

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-10-10
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Austria

Wolferl Posted at 10-10 05:32
Hi Seven,

I never noticed that, I'll try that. Thanks for the heads up!

Tried it, POI circles actually work very well with the MOD 2.0 app.
I was not aware of the second screen of intelligent flight modes...that's why I missed it.
That MOD 2.0 app is a really nice piece of software!

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-11-11
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Wolferl Posted at 11-11 04:34
Tried it, POI circles actually work very well with the MOD 2.0 app.
I was not aware of the second screen of intelligent flight modes...that's why I missed it.
That MOD 2.0 app is a really nice piece of software!

Indeed, it is.
2018-11-11
Use props
Milton Wolfe
New

United Kingdom

have you tried that version, I found it not very good, quite slow and laggy. I often use Tech Loky web, you can check it out
2022-10-28
Use props
dji_MODDER
Second Officer
Netherlands

That's an old thread, now these days a newer version is out, also I made a custom version for mavic pro and Spark specially I you are using Superpatcher based on stable version 4.1.15 (spark) 4.1.22 (mavic pro) but not able to run on newest android phones
2022-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules