Huawei P20 Pro + Mavic Pro/DJI GO
8217 8 2018-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jakob Kühne
lvl.1
Flight distance : 141043 ft
Germany

I know it's not an officially supported smartphone. But the P20 Pro is so popular, especially because of the camera and the strong battery, which is why I switched from the S9+ (always been a Samsung user) to the P20 Pro. But now I have a problem and can't imagine that I am the only one who wants to use the Mavic Pro (I think it's the app and will be the same with the other DJI drones) with the P20 Pro.

Everything works fine for me in the first moment as it does for the S9+. But after some time (10 minutes?) the app gets slower and slower until it can no longer be used at all. The live image works smoothly until the end. It is therefore not so tragic for flying itself, but all the functions of the app are simply no longer usable after a few minutes.

Can I change some settings here on the P20 Pro to fix that problem? Is this perhaps even a well-known problem? I couldn't find anything in Google.
Maybe someone managed to solve the problem. I could simply imagine that Huawei regulates the resources differently and you can exclude the DJI app here? But I still have too little knowledge of the Huawei Android.

In the end the problem is not so serious for me, because I still have an old S8+ here, which I don't plan to sell, so I would always fly with the S8+. But it would be nice if the P20 Pro could do the same and I can't imagine that it's more than just some settings.

Kind regards,
Jakob

2018-6-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi thank you for reaching DJI forum, we do apologize if you are having issues with your aircraft using your Huawei P20. Sad to say this is not yet supported device to run the DJI app. Below are the list of compatible devices. Thanks.

2018-6-14
Use props
froggerradio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11969 ft

United Kingdom

hi im using the huawei p20 pro  seems to work ok ..when the app starts it will ask about  about usb charging and fie transfer I just cancel it worth a try ..
2018-6-17
Use props
Jakob Kühne
lvl.1
Flight distance : 141043 ft
Germany

froggerradio Posted at 2018-6-17 09:08
hi im using the huawei p20 pro  seems to work ok ..when the app starts it will ask about  about usb charging and fie transfer I just cancel it worth a try ..

Then I will also test this out, I usually press " Charge only " here. Maybe it really does make a difference. Thank you for the idea.
2018-6-17
Use props
Sebasb1407
New

Chile

Hey Jakob.

Did you try this?

https://forum.dji.com/thread-157499-1-1.html

Regards.
2018-7-30
Use props
djiuser_GjAXxVjAMHjr
lvl.1
Croatia

Preview on Huawei P20Lite Any chance to fix this problem in future?
2018-11-12
Use props
Rudi Kluz
lvl.1
Croatia

2018-11-12
Use props
Rudi Kluz
lvl.1
Croatia

Please admin to delete two previous posts.
I have problem with preview on my P20Lite. It's not centered.
I know this phone is not on the list of suported devices... Is there any chance for fix this in future.
2018-11-12
Use props
Rudi Kluz
lvl.1
Croatia

Rudi Kluz Posted at 11-12 10:30
Please admin to delete two previous posts.
I have problem with preview on my P20Lite. It's not centered.[view_image]
I know this phone is not on the list of suported devices... Is there any chance for fix this in future.

Anybody from DJI about problem?
2018-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules