2196 48 2018-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AnDiego Air
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240702 ft
  • >>>

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-25 14:17
When I load Firmware .0300 on my Mavic Pro Platinum, the Live view on CrystalSky starts Pixelating, smearing, and/or breaking  up.  Go back to Firmware .0200, and problem goes away.  
Re-upgrade to .0300, and Live view problems return.  Revert back to .0200, and Live view returns to normal crystal clear on CrystalSky.

Copy that, ill keep this in mind

Thanks
2018-6-25
Use props
AnDiego Air
lvl.2
  • >>>

djiuser_7GQDtJ49b6jw Posted at 2018-6-25 14:26
That's just wrong. I would fight your insurance for it. It was clearly stolen. The fact you were forced to leave it at customs with the promise of return doesn't mean it is not a theft.

I agree with you. But the cost of lawyering up will be more than a new drone.

It sucks, thats what insurance is. They are snakes that only pay when they have to
2018-6-25
Use props
TX99517
lvl.4
Flight distance : 274649 ft
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-25 14:08
Geez, what got Mickey's panties in a bunch!?

They change their policies frequently.  January was the first time I had ever seen those signs though.  
2018-6-25
Use props
TX99517
lvl.4
Flight distance : 274649 ft
  • >>>
United States

AnDiego Air Posted at 2018-6-25 13:49
Wow thanks for this! Suck tho...
I guess they mustve recently added these signs. Going on the Alaska sailing in August....i was gonna bring one but maybe not anymore

They will hold it as they do with any other prohibited item.  There are times they don't find things though, I'm just not wanting to take the chance.  Nothing like having to explain why you chose to go against the Mouse.
2018-6-25
Use props
michaelts
lvl.2
United States

AnDiego Air Posted at 2018-6-25 14:31
I agree with you. But the cost of lawyering up will be more than a new drone.

It sucks, thats what insurance is. They are snakes that only pay when they have to

There is no need to hire an attorney. Just file a complaint in your local small claims court. In small claims courts representation by an attorney is prohibited, which means that the insurer, too, cannot be represented by an attorney.  

The insurance contracts usually prohibit bringing suit but instead require that parties resolve their dispute by arbitration, which is way too expensive. However, contractual provisions prohibiting small claims actions are against public policy, so they are not enforceable. So, if you file a suit in small claims court, the insurer cannot ask the court to compel arbitration.

Small claims action is very effective because it will cost you little, but the insurer will have to consult with a lawyer and then send someone to court. Given the cost of the drone, it will be cheaper for them just to settle.

I would certainly not let the insurer off the hook so easily.
2018-6-25
Use props
AnDiego Air
lvl.2
  • >>>

michaelts Posted at 2018-6-25 15:58
There is no need to hire an attorney. Just file a complaint in your local small claims court. In small claims courts representation by an attorney is prohibited, which means that the insurer, too, cannot be represented by an attorney.  

The insurance contracts usually prohibit bringing suit but instead require that parties resolve their dispute by arbitration, which is way too expensive. However, contractual provisions prohibiting small claims actions are against public policy, so they are not enforceable. The insurer cannot compel arbitration.

Good call, and thanks for the guidance.
First step, ill dispute this claim directly. If they dont budge then ill take it to small claims
2018-6-25
Use props
michaelts
lvl.2
United States

AnDiego Air Posted at 2018-6-25 16:03
Good call, and thanks for the guidance.
First step, ill dispute this claim directly. If they dont budge then ill take it to small claims

One drawback of the small claims court (at least in California) is that the defendant must have an address in the state. So you need first make sure the insurer is registered with the secretary of state. Just make a business search on the web-site of the secretary of state to see if the insurer is registered. If yes, there will be an address of the agent for service of process. The small claims court will send summons and complaint to that agent. However, if the insurer is incorporated in a different state and is not even registered in your state, you are out of luck and the small claims court will not hear the case.
2018-6-25
Use props
Porygon3301
lvl.1
Flight distance : 195253 ft
Hong Kong

I am quite worry if I got the same fate entering Romania Airport with the Mavic Pro.
2018-6-25
Use props
Rawsome
Second Officer
Flight distance : 230827 ft
  • >>>
Canada

So sorry for your loss and every travelers and drone owners worst night mare. Cuba is the notorious  for this as they have a 110% no drone rule. People went to prison for trying to bring a bird to the island.
It sucks you had to go through Cuba, I know this doesn't help but shipping it would have probably been your only option to avoid this. Again my deepest condolences, I feel your pain as i had electronics "seized" from my checked bags too.
2018-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules