Amazon Orders
2693 17 2015-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rift
lvl.2

United States

Hey All

New here and I placed an order for a P3P on April the 26th and at that point it said the release date was going to be today. However I'm now seeing June 30th as the release date. Has this been the case for anyone else?

The DJI shop lists that orders will ship in 3-5 days. I'm wondering if they deverted all the new stock to there store?

Thanks in advanced for any help!

2015-5-15
Use props
josepsamora
lvl.1

United States

I had the same thing happen ordering directly from Amazon so I cancelled that order and placed one through The Drone Source. Still handled the process through Amazon and had my P3A in my hands five days later.
2015-5-15
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

If you do a search on this board, you will find quite a few people who pre-ordered from Amazon and had to cancel. I am one such person, a 20 year Amazon customer; Amazon Prime, Vine Voice Reviewer, etc.. I pre-ordered a P3P on April 8th on Amazon, within hours of the end of the DJI introduction video. I was given a "Release Date" of 5/15. At the end of April, after people starting posting that they had received their P3's, I checked my order and saw the "Release Date" had been moved back to 6/30, so I phoned Amazon and was told that the 6/30 date was correct. I informed the CSR that this was unacceptable, as vendors all over the place were receiving their orders, and they told me they didn't know anything about this.  I cancelled my order on the spot and placed an order with CopterShop, and received my order less than a week later.
2015-5-15
Use props
mike
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

When ordering from Amazon right now, you need to order from someone who actually has Phantoms in stock. Many of the sellers are only taking pre-orders. And, some of the sellers do not clearly list their item as a pre-order.

Here's a list of authorized DJI dealers that have Phantoms available right now on Amazon:
http://www.PhantomHelp.com/Available

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-5-15
Use props
kpresley84
lvl.2
United States

I got an email today from Amazon saying they are receiving them quicker than expected. They said mine will be here may 29....only thing is I canceled my order shortly after and went with the bundle from drones etc. because I only had ordered with one battery anyway..I'm sure I will have to wait a little bit longer now since I cancelled and re ordered but oh well, it only a couple more weeks..
2015-5-18
Use props
Rift
lvl.2

United States

Thank you all for the information! I'm in no rush really to get mine so I don't mind waiting a little longer, it just gives me more time to learn and read. I'm also hoping they will fix a few of the bugs all of you early adopters have found.

Kpresley that's encouraging I haven't received any emails yet from amazon but will see maybe I might still get one! I went with amazon primarily for the return piece of mind. Defective units exist and Amazons return policy is next to none.

I look forward to getting mine!
2015-5-19
Use props
venturedrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 326693 ft
United States

I originally placed my order with Amazon on April 26 with an expected delivery date of May 10th. When they changed expected delivery date to May 30th, I checked with DJI and was told that ordering from them would get it to me in 7-10 days. I canceled my order with Amazon and placed it with DJI. DJI later changed their story and got really vague with an expected ship date, only saying that there were thousands of orders ahead of mine.
I used the link Mike provided above and purchased from an independent  dealer on Amazon last Wed (5/13) and received my P3P yesterday (5/18) !

THANKS MIKE!
2015-5-19
Use props
mike
Captain
  • >>>
United States

You're welcome

There are a bunch of P3A's available today. Most of the Professionals sold out earlier today.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
2015-5-19
Use props
kpresley84
lvl.2
United States

Rift Posted at 2015-5-20 00:15
Thank you all for the information! I'm in no rush really to get mine so I don't mind waiting a littl ...

Maybe you'll get the one I cancelled
2015-5-19
Use props
Gunny Huntarr
lvl.2

United States

Amazon has canceled the june 30 pre orders.  It's not longer available thru Amazon.com  Apparently you can get it thru some third party vendors
2015-6-3
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Gunny Huntarr Posted at 2015-6-3 23:46
Amazon has canceled the june 30 pre orders.  It's not longer available thru Amazon.com  Apparently y ...

The order cancellations are probably due to the FTC 30 day rule.

If they take your order and can't deliver within  30 days, the must first notify you of the missed delivery date and you have to agree to an extension or can without penalty cancel your order.

I'm neither defending Amazon or DJI, but with all of the people ordering from two or three different suppliers and then cancelling if they don't like the delivery date and creating a supply chain nightmare.

Pick a horse and ride it, otherwise purchase locally.
2015-6-3
Use props
Gunny Huntarr
lvl.2

United States

I stuck with Amazon.  I guess since DJI has never sent them any and doing their normal "superior" customer service, Amazon has said "screw this"
Makes my decision easier.  I'll just go with the Inspire thru Amazon, especially after all the Phantom 3 issues I'm seeing.   I've got a Phantom 2 Vision+ anyway.  The Inspire will be a bigger upgrade also.  Not just an incremental step up
2015-6-4
Use props
Rift
lvl.2

United States

I still have an order with Amazon since April 26. It used to say the product will be released on June 30th but now it says nothing.
2015-6-4
Use props
Rift
lvl.2

United States

Got my order today! It originally said the 29th but then changed to the 23rd and then it arrived today. It also came with the extra battery for anyone that might be wondering. I charged everything and booted it up all seems good, it did tell me there is a firmware update but I think I'm going to hold off on that from everything I have read.

Going to re-watch a few more videos and then go find a safe empty place to do my first flight =) Can't wait!
2015-6-22
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
  • >>>
United States

When ordering from Amazon, it's best to order from an authorized DJI dealer that ships the Phantom too. There aren't many that come from Amazon directly -- and, the Phantoms being sold and shipped by Amazon have been on back-order for a while.

There are many Phantoms in stock and ready to ship still. Check out the following link for an updated list:

www.PhantomHelp.com
2015-6-22
Use props
jlbaker
lvl.1

United States

I also got my Amazon order shipped.  I ordered on May 14th, the Professional with an extra battery.  It should be delivered on Wednesday.  Took a while, but I'd rather have Amazon's customer service than any other out there.
2015-6-22
Use props
P3PO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16083 ft
United States

I ordered my P2V+ from amazon with good results but when I wanted to get the P3P I saw it was pre-order only. I found a local dealer online that had them in stock and had it within 3 days. Shop around Fellas and you might find yourself flying very soon
2015-6-22
Use props
Rift
lvl.2

United States

For me it wasn't about getting my unit as fast as possible that's why I did t shop around.

I chose amazon because of the no hassle return policy and good CS. I ended up waiting a bit longer but it gave me time to read up and learn!
2015-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules