Suggestions about mavic air
2454 14 2018-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Emrah Akdogan
lvl.1

Turkey

Dear I am thinking to buy a mavic air combo from dji store. I live in istanbul Turkey and because of regulations i prefer a drone below 500grams to not register it to civil aviaiton.

My concern is about wifi connection,wireless modems use 2.4 ghz in Turkey so will it be a problem fpr cpnnection? Is it legal to change from 2.4 to fcc band.

Are batteries and components under watranty globally if i purchase from dji online store?

Thanks to all
2018-6-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello. Thank you for choosing DJI Mavir air as your option. When it comes to WIFI, Mavic Air has two
Operating Frequency which is 2.4 and 5 GHz. Which means that you can connect to your 2.4 GHz without any problem. However, as per law in Turkey, it only allows you to fly within the CE band and not the FCC band. When it comes to warranty, we are not offering a global warranty. If you purchase the unit online and you processed it in Turkey. You can send the unit for a repair through our facility in Netherland. You may also file the request online, http://www.dji.com/support
You may also check the image below for the warranty of your Mavic Air.

2018-6-15
Use props
Emrah Akdogan
lvl.1

Turkey

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-15 07:42
Hello. Thank you for choosing DJI Mavir air as your option. When it comes to WIFI, Mavic Air has two
Operating Frequency which is 2.4 and 5 GHz. Which means that you can connect to your 2.4 GHz without any problem. However, as per law in Turkey, it only allows you to fly within the CE band and not the FCC band. When it comes to warranty, we are not offering a global warranty. If you purchase the unit online and you processed it in Turkey. You can send the unit for a repair through our facility in Netherland. You may also file the request online, http://www.dji.com/support
You may also check the image below for the warranty of your Mavic Air.

Dear Natalie,

So officially we are not allowed to use it in 5ghz in Turkey,but i heard from many users, they complain about communication while using 2.4 ghz.

Why it is now allowed to use in 5ghz oficially?Whats the point?

Thx
2018-6-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Emrah Akdogan Posted at 2018-6-15 14:26
Dear Natalie,

So officially we are not allowed to use it in 5ghz in Turkey,but i heard from many users, they complain about communication while using 2.4 ghz.

Sorry but I think you misinterpret what I've said. You can connect either 2.4 or 5GHz without any problem.
2018-6-15
Use props
Emrah Akdogan
lvl.1

Turkey

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-15 14:29
Sorry but I think you misinterpret what I've said. You can connect either 2.4 or 5GHz without any problem.

Ah ok,i am sorry,i misunderstood. Guy were talking that was illegal to convert connection from ce to fcc but as i see it is just a myth then.

Do you knıw when refurbished mavic air drones will be available as refurbished units?

2018-6-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Emrah Akdogan Posted at 2018-6-15 14:36
Ah ok,i am sorry,i misunderstood. Guy were talking that was illegal to convert connection from ce to fcc but as i see it is just a myth then.

Do you knıw when refurbished mavic air drones will be available as refurbished units?

There is no specific time frame as to when the Refurbished Mavic Air be available. No worry, well post it on our DJI official website as soon as we have it available. Thank you.
2018-6-15
Use props
Emrah Akdogan
lvl.1

Turkey

I have read lots of articles about range issues of mavic air and i am now disappointed and worried about the flight range and signal quality.
2018-6-17
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Emrah Akdogan Posted at 2018-6-17 11:41
I have read lots of articles about range issues of mavic air and i am now disappointed and worried about the flight range and signal quality.

I don't know where you are reading these articles and how far you want to fly. But in the range of visual line of sight which is the regulation in most European countries, you should not experience any problems if the flying environment is suitable. And to answer one of your other concerns above: 2,4 Ghz and 5,8 Ghz have nothing to do with CE or FCC mode. Both bands are available in both regions. The differences are only in range.
2018-6-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14044577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Emrah Akdogan Posted at 2018-6-17 11:41

Signal quality is fine with the MA.
2018-6-17
Use props
Emrah Akdogan
lvl.1

Turkey

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-17 12:16
I don't know where you are reading these articles and how far you want to fly. But in the range of visual line of sight which is the regulation in most European countries, you should not experience any problems if the flying environment is suitable. And to answer one of your other concerns above: 2,4 Ghz and 5,8 Ghz have nothing to do with CE or FCC mode. Both bands are available in both regions. The differences are only in range.

Here are some of them.Also there are complains in youtube  showing there is no difference in 2.4ghz and 5 ghz wi-fi
1529302235863461327501.jpg
2018-6-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Emrah Akdogan Posted at 2018-6-17 22:14
Here are some of them.Also there are complains in youtube  showing there is no difference in 2.4ghz and 5 ghz wi-fi

I always find it best to fly something yourself and be guided by your own experience. I've reached 2KM+ in a CE area with stock antennas and no signal loss - couldn't ask for more than that...
2018-6-18
Use props
Emrah Akdogan
lvl.1

Turkey

A CW Posted at 2018-6-18 00:17
I always find it best to fly something yourself and be guided by your own experience. I've reached 2KM+ in a CE area with stock antennas and no signal loss - couldn't ask for more than that...

If so it is perfect but i concern aboun unstability there are some users very satisfied about signal quality and others completely unsatisfied with the short range. This is the most unstable issue about the mavic air as i read and searched so far.
2018-6-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Emrah Akdogan Posted at 2018-6-18 00:19
If so it is perfect but i concern aboun unstability there are some users very satisfied about signal quality and others completely unsatisfied with the short range. This is the most unstable issue about the mavic air as i read and searched so far.

It will depend on the knowledge of the pilot who is reviewing the drone. Also be mindful that some will just hate the MA because it conflicts with the MP or other brands they have invested in. I can tell you now that, flown properly, and in the right setting you will get 2KM in CE areas and I've seen a few videos of pilots getting >4KM in FCC areas - look at Dustin Dunhill in Hawaii and the range test by the everyday Dad on YT - he turned around manually at 4.1KM... If someone is flying the drone in the wrong frequency not knowing you can custom set the channel or, as I've seen from these noobs, don't even extend the antenna properly and have their back to the drone or are flying over urban areas then yes, you won't get the range.
2018-6-18
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Emrah Akdogan Posted at 2018-6-17 22:14

I recommed you to read this post and watch the video: https://forum.dji.com/thread-132853-1-1.html
2018-6-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-18 02:06
I recommed you to read this post and watch the video: https://forum.dji.com/thread-132853-1-1.html

Yep, Ian has proved it too in a CE area. It's easier for some to draw on the negatives and ignore the positives. The MA transmission quality is excellent - period!
2018-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules