DJI Announcement July 18 What will it be?
12Next >
4420 61 2018-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

So what do you guys think the big announcment will be this July 18th?  Would like to hear your guys thoughts on what will be announced.  

https://dronedj.com/2018/06/15/d ... pro-2-announcement/
2018-6-15
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

It will be a Mavic For Real Pro part Deux. 1" sensor
2018-6-15
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

See the bigger picture to me doesn’t exactly fit a drone announcement.... unless talking about sensor size? Multiple camera tech..?

However, it is possible, Dji’s chinglish slogans rarely make complete sense or tell you anything.  
2018-6-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A brand new drone that nobody is expecting - no P5 or MP2 - something in-between that everyone will want
Or a new lens for the X7 LOL
2018-6-15
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

I had just posted it in a parallel thread opened by somebody else:

Hah, this is exactly what I expected to happen right after Autel and Parrot would eventually launch their new models! D-Day is coming and I fully agree with others here that it will most probably be what many of us have been waiting for. The still new and outstanding Zenmuse X7 and the even more recent dual version with infrared cam are far too recent for yet another camera. On the Osmo and Ronin side all is too new still as well and the teaser picture clearly points to a flying device. On the Phantom branch we have just seen the launch of the P4P V2, thus not a P5 to expect this fast afterwards. What remains now is something new (whatever it will be called) replacing the Mavic Pro series and being below 900 grammes weight. Today I realised another indication for this. Just go to the main DJI website and watch which products are displayed there one after the other https://www.dji.com/ . The only model familiar to us that is missing there is the Mavic Pro/Platinum.
And what I like most about todays announcement is this: "Prior to DJI’s media event in New York on July 18th, there will also be a small media preview event on July 11th" which is my birthday . Now I believe to have an idea, what my birthday present might be...

2018-6-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

"See The Bigger Picture" - Wide screen version of CrystalSky Ultra-brite.

Accessories:
Custom padded Backpack
Long life batteries sizes - 5#, 10#, 20#
Water Cooling system
Folding tripod / cart
2018-6-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-6-15 10:06
See the bigger picture to me doesn’t exactly fit a drone announcement.... unless talking about sensor size? Multiple camera tech..?

However, it is possible, Dji’s chinglish slogans rarely make complete sense or tell you anything.

Maybe new camera to go on high end drones.  A collaboration between DJI & camera/sensor maker.  

Something like this: https://petapixel.com/2018/05/01 ... mp-sony-bsi-sensor/
2018-6-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-15 12:41

Hah, this is exactly what I expected to happen right after Autel and Parrot would eventually launch their new models! D-Day is coming and I fully agree with others here that it will most probably be what many of us have been waiting for. The still new and outstanding Zenmuse X7 and the even more recent dual version with infrared cam are far too recent for yet another camera. On the Osmo and Ronin side all is too new still as well and the teaser picture clearly points to a flying device. On the Phantom branch we have just seen the launch of the P4P V2, thus not a P5 to expect this fast afterwards. What remains now is something new (whatever it will be called) replacing the Mavic Pro series and being below 900 grammes weight. Today I realised another indication for this. Just go to the main DJI website and watch which products are displayed there one after the other https://www.dji.com/ . The only model familiar to us that is missing there is the Mavic Pro/Platinum.

Think you could be right, it’s definitely got to be something to compete with Autel Evo, and a pre media event, something big going down here, hopefully they have plenty of stock made.
2018-6-15
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-15 13:18
Think you could be right, it’s definitely got to be something to compete with Autel Evo, and a pre media event, something big going down here, hopefully they have plenty of stock made.

I have that strong feeling as I have had it with the MA :-) It will definitely be a big release! And what I also like is the fact that this infamous OsitaLV (or whatever he calls himself) with the childish fantasy drawings of a Mavic Pro 2 seems to be out of the game for the time being ;-). In summary an exciting month of waiting ahead of us :-)
2018-6-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-15 14:22
I have that strong feeling as I have had it with the MA :-) It will definitely be a big release! And what I also like is the fact that this infamous OsitaLV (or whatever he calls himself) with the childish fantasy drawings of a Mavic Pro 2 seems to be out of the game for the time being ;-). In summary an exciting month of waiting ahead of us :-)

It's September 2016 all over again - only better competition this time which means only one thing - an even better DJI drone!
2018-6-15
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

A CW Posted at 2018-6-15 14:29
It's September 2016 all over again - only better competition this time which means only one thing - an even better DJI drone!

Oh yes, I expect a heavy strike back and I have the feeling that it will be a very well prepared one. Gosh, what exciting times ahead of us! I love this, it's like waiting for Christmas when I was a child. And now we shall all become children again... ;-)
2018-6-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-15 14:38
Oh yes, I expect a heavy strike back and I have the feeling that it will be a very well prepared one. Gosh, what exciting times ahead of us! I love this, it's like waiting for Christmas when I was a child. And now we shall all become children again... ;-)

The only sad thing is that, if this is the new drone I'm expecting it to be, it will be the nail in the coffin on the Mavic Pro for sure. I only hope that it is sooooo damn amazing that I do not have to get involved with which one is best comparisons with know it all noobs who know very little in the grand scheme of things. Still, it's always fun when they finally except that the MA is better
2018-6-15
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

A CW Posted at 2018-6-15 14:41
The only sad thing is that, if this is the new drone I'm expecting it to be, it will be the nail in the coffin on the Mavic Pro for sure. I only hope that it is sooooo damn amazing that I do not have to get involved with which one is best comparisons with know it all noobs who know very little in the grand scheme of things. Still, it's always fun when they finally except that the MA is better

I am not so sad about it since I have not yet forgotten how many of these glorious and premium aircraft owners have treated us new MA owners only a few months ago. Technology is progressing, and in this case to the better for sure.
Should a day come when our drones start talking to us and telling us what to do, I might consider changing my opinion though...
2018-6-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-15 14:57
I am not so sad about it since I have not yet forgotten how many of these glorious and premium aircraft owners have treated us new MA owners only a few months ago. Technology is progressing, and in this case to the better for sure.
Should a day come when our drones start talking to us and telling us what to do, I might consider changing my opinion though...

I'm hoping for the day when I can tell it what to do without sticking two fingers up at it
2018-6-15
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

A CW Posted at 2018-6-15 14:59
I'm hoping for the day when I can tell it what to do without sticking two fingers up at it

Oh, that consumer wish had been reported to the engineers a while ago already. Only a matter of time until it will come. We have Siri, we have Alexa, the next one will be Electra ;-)
2018-6-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-15 15:05
Oh, that consumer wish had been reported to the engineers a while ago already. Only a matter of time until it will come. We have Siri, we have Alexa, the next one will be Elektra ;-)

I wonder if the Mavic Ghost (or whatever it's going to be called as made that up) will be compatible with voice recognition commands then?
2018-6-15
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

A CW Posted at 2018-6-15 15:09
I wonder if the Mavic Ghost (or whatever it's going to be called as made that up) will be compatible with voice recognition commands then?

My first test will be "Beam me up Mavic"
2018-6-15
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

Could it be a …………….
180 degree tilt gimbal.

2018-6-15
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>

Aeromirage Posted at 2018-6-15 16:42
Could it be a …………….
180 degree tilt gimbal.

The wish list just had it's game upped a couple levels... and I'm liking it!

Jeff
2018-6-15
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-15 12:55
Maybe new camera to go on high end drones.  A collaboration between DJI & camera/sensor maker.  

Something like this: https://petapixel.com/2018/05/01/phase-ones-new-drone-camera-is-first-to-pack-100mp-sony-bsi-sensor/

i don't think it would be a collab though.  I mean, DJI owns* Hassleblad.  I think they can get the camera right.  

*owns majority stake in hassleblad
2018-6-15
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-15 12:41

Hah, this is exactly what I expected to happen right after Autel and Parrot would eventually launch their new models! D-Day is coming and I fully agree with others here that it will most probably be what many of us have been waiting for. The still new and outstanding Zenmuse X7 and the even more recent dual version with infrared cam are far too recent for yet another camera. On the Osmo and Ronin side all is too new still as well and the teaser picture clearly points to a flying device. On the Phantom branch we have just seen the launch of the P4P V2, thus not a P5 to expect this fast afterwards. What remains now is something new (whatever it will be called) replacing the Mavic Pro series and being below 900 grammes weight. Today I realised another indication for this. Just go to the main DJI website and watch which products are displayed there one after the other https://www.dji.com/ . The only model familiar to us that is missing there is the Mavic Pro/Platinum.

When i read the announcment, I thought to post the same, but i knew i could just wait and it would be here within a few hours.  

And my B-Day is early Aug so I'll be forwarding this big announcement on to those that should have it.  
2018-6-15
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-15 15:12
My first test will be "Beam me up Mavic"

but how loud will you have to yell at it to get it to hear you?
2018-6-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

3-D Posted at 2018-6-15 18:35
i don't think it would be a collab though.  I mean, DJI owns* Hassleblad.  I think they can get the camera right.  

*owns majority stake in hassleblad

Wouldn't that be collaboration?
DJI to Hassleblad: Build us a professional camera for a drone at Prosumer prices.
Hassleblad to DJI: We only do Medium format DSLR cameras.
DJI to Hassleblad: Is that firm position of currently employed management?
Hassleblad to DJI: Want it with Wide-angle / Zoom lens?

2018-6-15
Use props
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11597195 ft
  • >>>

Sure DJI will announce a new drone that has the ability to beat Autel EVO and Parrot Anafi easily. It must be Mavic Pro 2:
1. Much longer fly time (35-40min);
2. Bigger sensor;
3. May also add obstacle sensors on both sides and top;
4. Add RC a screan, as Phantom 4 Plus;

and more..............
2018-6-15
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1015440 ft
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2018-6-15 16:42
Could it be a …………….
180 degree tilt gimbal.

For the MP2? How is that possible?
2018-6-15
Use props
SotirisT
lvl.3
Flight distance : 708448 ft
Greece

All signs sow us that it is going to be successor of Mavic Pro 2, otherwise therr is now way they would have taken it off their  web site.

APAS is a possible feature apart from longer fly times, maybe one inch camera, occusync plus, quieter aka platinum and better remote.

180 vertical tilt remains parrot’s advantage AFAIC unless... DJI comes with something similar
S
2018-6-16
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-15 19:23
Wouldn't that be collaboration?
DJI to Hassleblad: Build us a professional camera for a drone at Prosumer prices.
Hassleblad to DJI: We only do Medium format DSLR cameras.

yeah, that's the way I looked at it...  More like a directive than a collabo.

and by the way...  ' Prosumer ' <-  i like that.
2018-6-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s a picture of an iris.

Video Camera Iris. The iris is an adjustable opening (aperture), which controls the amount of light coming through the lens (i.e. the "exposure"). The video camera iris works in basically the same way as a still camera iris -- as you open the iris, more light comes in and the picture appears bigger and brighter.

So I’m thinking it’s a drone with aperture control so far only seen in P4Pro and inspire2 , 1 inch sensors, so I believe it’s the one thing most Mavic users have been looking for, fingers crossed.
2018-6-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-16 05:51

Video Camera Iris. The iris is an adjustable opening (aperture), which controls the amount of light coming through the lens (i.e. the "exposure"). The video camera iris works in basically the same way as a still camera iris -- as you open the iris, more light comes in and the picture appears bigger and brighter.

2018-6-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-16 05:51

1" sensor with a variable aperture on a personal fold up drone... Now you're talking mate!
2018-6-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

A CW Posted at 2018-6-15 14:29
It's September 2016 all over again - only better competition this time which means only one thing - an even better DJI drone!

31st of August to be exact, ordered 31st August, received 15 December 2016,  then received P4Pro 16th Dec 2016, that would have been a great Christmas only for two weeks of storms. ;+)...
2018-6-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-16 06:08
31st of August to be exact, ordered 31st August, received 15 December 2016,  then received P4Pro 16th Dec 2016, that would have been a great Christmas only for two weeks of storms. ;+)...

The Mavic Pro was announced at a live event in NYC on 27 September 2016. The Platinum was announced on 31 August 2017. I ordered my P4P when that came out on 15 November 2016 and received it 3 days later.
2018-6-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

A CW Posted at 2018-6-16 06:12
The Mavic Pro was announced at a live event in NYC on 27 September 2016. The Platinum was announced on 31 August 2017. I ordered my P4P when that came out on 15 November 2016 and received it 3 days later.

Sorry my bad.
2018-6-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just double checked mate

Hard to believe the MP is nearly 21 months old now! This has got to be the next gen
2018-6-16
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Another reason to shell out more of my hard earned money to DJI...  stupid drone addiction.
2018-6-16
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

1" sensor with a variable aperture on a 360 degree gimbal on a compact drone similar to the MA with OcuSync with front/rear/side/upper/below sensors with a 35 minute flight time.  Yes now we are talking DJI.
2018-6-16
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

(Clearing throat) The announcement will be for the mavic Pro iris almost identical to the mavic Pro only significantly larger in size with a camera with a one inch senor with interchangeable lenses and 6 way obstacle avoidance. It will also have quite props, 1080 live feed and will be priced at around the same as the current mavic series....
2018-6-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-16 06:21
1" sensor with a variable aperture on a 360 degree gimbal on a compact drone similar to the MA with OcuSync with front/rear/side/upper/below sensors with a 35 minute flight time.  Yes now we are talking DJI.

I hope it has an H.265 codec too with a vastly improved processor and a mechanical shutter to control the jello effects and to allow simultaneous photography and video like the P4P. It may also be officially water resistant But what I really hope for, more than anything, is that the app allows me to do a point of interest without shutting down the custom buttons on my remote...  
2018-6-16
Use props
Bryant NorCal
lvl.2

Higher battery capacity options!!! What about a hybrid drone/submersible?!? ok, ok... I like to dream.
2018-6-16
Use props
rjgust
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1692005 ft
  • >>>

It will be either a new drone all together with a 360 camera, or just a 360 camera.
2018-6-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules