what accessories do I really need when I buy a mavic pro
2059 25 2018-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tim bronkhorst
lvl.2
Flight distance : 344285 ft
Netherlands

hello my name is tim and i am a soon to be proud new owner of a mavic pro, and for the last couple months i have been searching the internet for  accessories i realy need when i buy my drone.so what are your tips?
FYI i am buying the mavic pro fly more combo and am a beginner drone this will be my first drone

at the moment i have
Productnaam

Ga verder met winkelen Winkelwagen bijwerken Leeg winkelwagen

Shark Stickers voor Mavic Pro

DJI Mavic - Propeller Guards

Polar Pro Phone Mount voor Mavic Pro

Skin voor DJI Mavic Pro - D3

Polar Pro Hard Case voor Mavic Pro

Polar Pro filters (6-pack) voor DJI Mavic Pro

DJI Battery Safe Bag - LARGE
2018-6-15
Use props
Tim bronkhorst
lvl.2
Netherlands

or should i wait for the mavic pro 2?
2018-6-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Thank you for considering DJI drone as your first aircraft, my friendly suggestion is the Mavic Pro Fly More combo is the best beginner drone ,  Please visit our website or click the link provided for better understanding. Mavic Pro fly more combo
2018-6-15
Use props
Bernoullis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4938 ft
United Kingdom

Mavic Pro 2?  What Mavic Pro 2?  Nah, fill your boots with a Mavic Pro and enjoy using it now!  It is a sophisticated little beastie with great capability.

I, too, acquired a Fly More Combo and my recommendations for accessories would be:

Propellor Guards:  In my opinion, invaluable for a beginner, and just as valuable long after you become competent using the machine.  The DJI guards are lightweight and sturdy.

Landing Gear Extensions:  A worthwhile addition if you don't have a fold-up a landing pad.  The Polar Pro variety are good quality, and provide good stabilty as they attach to the motor arms.  However, a major drawback for me is that the the Polar Pro rear gear extensions, unfortunately, interfere with the rear fixing point of the DJI Propellor Guards - you can't use both together.  Consequently, I subsequently purchased a cheaper set of generic gear extensions, which includes a single-piece rear gear that fits snugly to the Mavic's own rear gear, underneath the body (rather than to the rear motor arms).  The combination of the Polar Pro front extensions, with the single rear extension, works well and allows me to retain the prop guards on the machine, at the cost of a slight reduction in lateral stability on the ground.

Extra Propellors:  Other than the camera, one of the most vulnerable parts of the machine, so ensure you can keep flying if you damage props.  Buy DJI, and avoid the cheap Chinese copies.

Extra Micro SD Cards:  They can fill very quickly, and you will regret not having extra cards if you do not have portable download capability in the field.

Extra Battery:  The Fly More Combo comes with 3 batteries, but I purchased a fourth - I feel more comfortable with 4.

Tablet Mount:  You have mentioned a Phone Mount, so I guess that counts.  I prefer a bigger screen - much easier to see, much easier to operate various modes/switches, and I have recently purchased a Polar Pro Tablet mount for use with a Samsung Galaxy Tab S3.

Camera Filters:  I accept that a skilled user can perform wonders in post-production, with good software.  I use Cyberlink PowerDirector 16, ColorDirector 6 and AudioDirector 8 (good value software - keep an eye out as Cyberlink often have discount weeks etc), but I am still learning the ropes.  To expand the boundaries a bit I have just purchased a simple filter set, the DJI Mavic Pro Filter 3-Pack with Circular Polariser, ND8 and ND16 filters - they will probably be enough to begin with, just to whet my appetite without overloading my basic skills!  ;-)
2018-6-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Never hurts to play it safe.
2018-6-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Sun shade for your Smart Device - what ever that device is (cellphone / tablet).
2018-6-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Batteries, batteries, batteries...
2018-6-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Takeoff and landing Pad.  

A large Pad if you are going to takeoff / land in areas with weeds and long grass.
LETMY 42" Universal Drone Landing Pad launchpad - Foldable Waterproof large Landing
2018-6-15
Use props
Gregbella
Second Officer

If anything sunshade
2018-6-15
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lots of batteries and a decent phone and you're good to go!
2018-6-15
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>

I just bought a Mavic Pro Platinum. I bought the Fly more combo, and was a little miffed to find that the charge hub was the lesser of the two available. The Advanced version is compatible with a Phantom 4 series charger for faster charging. If you don't have a P4 charger, this is meaningless to you. Everything else in that package was a plus. Total of 3 batteries, an absolutely awesome case, the car charger which charges a battery in record time. There are two mandatory additions. The PGYTECH stick protector cover, which can be seen here on the DJI store. I wouldn't put it in the DJI provided case if I didn't have that protecting the sticks. ...and the landing pad described earlier by HedgeTrimmer. I also got the PGYTECH remote mount for an iPad and a 4th battery. Hey, the charging hub can take 4, so why not have 4?!?

Jeff
2018-6-15
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Lots of batteries.  I currently have 6 which I find to be just enough
Sunshade to shade your smart phone.  
No need for prop guards really.  Not in my mind.
A good case.  One that can hold all your batteries.
ND filters which you seem to be covered.
Larger SD Card.  I have a 64Gb and the 16Gb that came with.  
2018-6-15
Use props
Tim bronkhorst
lvl.2
Netherlands

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-15 17:35

i am getting 2 64GB cards so that's enough
2018-6-15
Use props
Tim bronkhorst
lvl.2
Netherlands

Bernoullis Posted at 2018-6-15 12:51
Mavic Pro 2?  What Mavic Pro 2?  Nah, fill your boots with a Mavic Pro and enjoy using it now!  It is a sophisticated little beastie with great capability.

I, too, acquired a Fly More Combo and my recommendations for accessories would be:

thanks for your advice
2018-6-15
Use props
Tim bronkhorst
lvl.2
Netherlands

Bernoullis Posted at 2018-6-15 12:51

thanks a lot
2018-6-15
Use props
Tim bronkhorst
lvl.2
Netherlands

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-6-15 16:50
I just bought a Mavic Pro Platinum. I bought the Fly more combo, and was a little miffed to find that the charge hub was the lesser of the two available. The Advanced version is compatible with a Phantom 4 series charger for faster charging. If you don't have a P4 charger, this is meaningless to you. Everything else in that package was a plus. Total of 3 batteries, an absolutely awesome case, the car charger which charges a battery in record time. There are two mandatory additions. The PGYTECH stick protector cover, which can be seen here on the DJI store. I wouldn't put it in the DJI provided case if I didn't have that protecting the sticks. ...and the landing pad described earlier by HedgeTrimmer. I also got the PGYTECH remote mount for an iPad and a 4th battery. Hey, the charging hub can take 4, so why not have 4?!?

Jeff

and what are must have nd and nd/pl filters?
2018-6-15
Use props
Tim bronkhorst
lvl.2
Netherlands

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-15 17:35

and what are must have nd and nd/pl filters?
2018-6-15
Use props
Fingers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1365676 ft
United Kingdom

Landing pad is invalable. The Mavic props are so low to the ground that even short grass interferes. I'm not a big fan of hand launching / landing with the Mavic either.  
2018-6-16
Use props
Tim bronkhorst
lvl.2
Netherlands

A CW Posted at 2018-6-15 13:29
Batteries, batteries, batteries...

i am getting the fly more combo so that's 3 is that enough?
2018-6-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tim bronkhorst Posted at 2018-6-16 02:27

Mavic Pro will give you around an average of 22 minutes of flight time per battery so 3 will give you the full hour +. The Mavic Pro Platinum gave me around 25 minutes. 3 batteries is normally enough for one outing. How many depends entirely on how much you want to fly and how often. Some have 1 some have more than 10. I'd say 3 or 4 is generally good enough. The hub holds 4.
2018-6-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tim bronkhorst Posted at 2018-6-16 02:27

I would also wait to see what product is announced by DJI at their up and coming event in NYC on 18 July. If that is a new prosumer grade personal drone then the Mavic Pro be even more dated.
2018-6-16
Use props
FredAstra
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595577 ft
United Kingdom

Best accessory by far is the DJI Goggles.  They open up a new dimension in droning, and were made for, and work best with the mavic pro.  Also the non RE goggles  are coming down in price (in the UK).
2018-6-16
Use props
Lonesome Crow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>
United States

Landing pad by far.  And if you use the stakes to hold it down, make sure the MP props clear them BEFORE take off.  The MP stance is low, and if the stakes are not in the ground deep enough, a prop could strike one.  Been there, done that!
2018-6-16
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10318117 ft
Canada

stay away from the antennae  booster, and in my opinion leg extenders and sun cover for gimbal are all useless, get batteries and blades ,and good ND filters
2018-6-16
Use props
Bernoullis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4938 ft
United Kingdom

Picanoc Jack Posted at 2018-6-16 04:17
stay away from the antennae  booster, and in my opinion leg extenders and sun cover for gimbal are all useless, get batteries and blades ,and good ND filters

No offense, but landing gear extenders are anything but useless.  Unless you have a perfectly flat and clear surface available, extended gear legs do a great job of keeping the craft just that little bit higher above grass and dirt in the landing area.

2018-10-10
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10318117 ft

Bernoullis Posted at 2018-10-10 23:57
No offense, but landing gear extenders are anything but useless.  Unless you have a perfectly flat and clear surface available, extended gear legs do a great job of keeping the craft just that little bit higher above grass and dirt in the landing area.

I did use them for a while but then they did scratch the legs, and now use a flat piece of plywood, that or you can purchase a landing pad, but then it's your choice Bernoullis, whatever you choose.
2018-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules