3000 35 2018-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_7Po6Lb6BFp30
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

HI ALL
AFTER THE DREADED AND USELESS FOR SOME .400 FIRMWARE UPDATE SEVERAL WEEKS AGO, MY DRONE AND RC CAN NOT CONNECT AT ALL. I HAVE RESET FACTORY SETTINGS, DOWNGRADED RC FIRMWARE, DID JUST ABOUT EVERTHING ADVISED ON THIS AND SOME OTHER DJI FORUMS, BUT STILL NO LUCK. I HAVE NOT SEEN THE "GO FLY" GREEN BUTTON FOR QUITE A WHILE.
IS THERE ANY WAY FOR ME TO GET UP AND FLY THIS PIECE OF EQUIPMENT THAT IS LYING IN THE CUPBOARD, USELESS?
THE RETAILER I BOUGHT IT FROM, WOULD NOT EXCHANGE THE M.A, AS IT IS A SOFTWARE RELATED PROBLEM, AND SOUTH AFRICA DON,T HAVE A LOT OF M.A RETAILERS PRESENTLY.
ANY HELP PLEASE.

2018-6-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Sorry for this trouble. May you please share with us the screenshot? Thank you.
2018-6-15
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi. Sorry to hear you're having issues. Firstly, I would Not have downgraded your RC firmware if you still have the MA on firmware v...400. Your RC should be on firmware v...100, and that's been required since craft firmware v...200.

Otherwise, you're not seeing the "Go Fly" status - it's showing "disconnected"? Does the RC show it as connected (Green status LED)? If not, try manually linking - see P.39 on the manual.
2018-6-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

DID JUST ABOUT EVERTHING ADVISED ON THIS AND SOME OTHER DJI FORUMS, BUT STILL NO LUCK.

Can you connect to Drone with WiFi of Smartdevice?
2018-6-15
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

I don't think you should downgrade the firmware. I don't have problem with latest firmware. Just turn on the RC and AC to see is the RC light turn green. The status light green means RC connected to AC. The problem may relted to mobile devic and connection cable. Otherwise send RC and AC back to DJI for repair.
2018-6-15
Use props
Datadogie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27028 ft

I've noticed some are having trouble upgrading when they skip an upgrade.
2018-6-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Datadogie Posted at 2018-6-16 00:03
I've noticed some are having trouble upgrading when they skip an upgrade.

I've noticed that too.
2018-6-16
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Thanks all. The RC shows red light, the drone blinking orange light at the back. DJI app goes up to "enter device", but never "go fly". If i do try to link with wi fi, or wired, scan code or using the press 4 sec command, nothing happens. In camera view, "aircraft disconnected" in red.
I downgraded, and upgraded again, moved to another area, a couple actually, but no luck.
Used different cables to connect smart device to RC, used airplane mode, normal mode, wi fi on, wi fi off, location on, location off.........
Thing is, it worked perfectly before i upgraded the firmware.........
Phoned the company that i bought the drone from, they advise me to wait for another firmware upgrade to fix the problem, as it is not hardware.............please, any other ideas.......
What does factory reset do?
2018-6-16
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

I decided yesterday to give it a go again, and after playing around for an hour to get the RC to link, it FINALLY did.  Don,t know why now suddenly, after more than 14 days and about a 100 attempts by me and the shop i bought it from.... and a couple of friends.
I found the MA drifting, swinging from side to side, not being stable at all, so did not test it out properly. Only hovered it for about 5 minutes, watching it swinging.
Should i fly it, or not risk it?
2018-6-19
Use props
Cabreo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 63196 ft
Italy

I had exactly this problem and, after lots of frustrating hours of research everywhere conceivable and lots of testing different solutions, gave up and took out a ticket. I'm in Italy and the MA was sent free f charge to Dji in Holland. They are sending a replacement which should be here Thursday 23 June. The shipment should be a complete duplicate of my original order to them. The service was outstanding, I just hope the reèlacement doesn't replicate the problems of the original.
2018-6-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Charissa Posted at 2018-6-19 08:45
I decided yesterday to give it a go again, and after playing around for an hour to get the RC to link, it FINALLY did.  Don,t know why now suddenly, after more than 14 days and about a 100 attempts by me and the shop i bought it from.... and a couple of friends.
I found the MA drifting, swinging from side to side, not being stable at all, so did not test it out properly. Only hovered it for about 5 minutes, watching it swinging.
Should i fly it, or not risk it?

Open a Ticket with DJI, see what they have to say about costs of returning drone for repair / replacement.
2018-6-19
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Will have to do so it seems. Problem is, that i was going to use this useless piece of DJI equipment on my holiday. After connecting, it now have various problems to add to the swinging from side to side. Video lag, and freezes while recording every single time. No signal with auto RTH in around 300 meters, every single flight. Asteroid function do not work. Very, very poor video quality, with extreme noise in Slow motion 120fps setting. Hovering makes me seasick, swinging from side to side.
I do feel that DJI should give all the retailers in ANY country the go ahead to replace the Aircraft immediately, in stead of waiting more than a month for opening a ticket, waiting for collection, waiting for them to make sure they gave us a broken firmware update, and then communicating with me, telling me they made a mistake or probably not, if their service record is anything to go by, and then shipping it back.
2018-6-27
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-19 12:42
Open a Ticket with DJI, see what they have to say about costs of returning drone for repair / replacement.

Agree.  You'll be asked to provide some basic information and possibly some files, so be prepared ahead of time.  I made a series of notes in a "time line" and that helped them decide that the problem was in need of a case review.
2018-6-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

WebParrot Posted at 2018-6-27 13:37
Agree.  You'll be asked to provide some basic information and possibly some files, so be prepared ahead of time.  I made a series of notes in a "time line" and that helped them decide that the problem was in need of a case review.

Dji drones under warranty have no charge for sending in, and still no charge for returning, whether you decide to go ahead with repair or not. It’s just a matter of contacting support, they will arrange everything else. There is no cost for returning if it’s under warranty.
2018-6-27
Use props
Jack Beans
lvl.2

United States

Most of the problems I'm seeing is new user errors.  Read the manual and follow its directions.  
2018-6-27
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jack Beans Posted at 2018-6-27 15:03
Most of the problems I'm seeing is new user errors.  Read the manual and follow its directions.

Ummmmm........no.
2018-6-27
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

What WayneMHK said.
2018-6-27
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Charissa Posted at 2018-6-27 10:13
Will have to do so it seems. Problem is, that i was going to use this useless piece of DJI equipment on my holiday. After connecting, it now have various problems to add to the swinging from side to side. Video lag, and freezes while recording every single time. No signal with auto RTH in around 300 meters, every single flight. Asteroid function do not work. Very, very poor video quality, with extreme noise in Slow motion 120fps setting. Hovering makes me seasick, swinging from side to side.
I do feel that DJI should give all the retailers in ANY country the go ahead to replace the Aircraft immediately, in stead of waiting more than a month for opening a ticket, waiting for collection, waiting for them to make sure they gave us a broken firmware update, and then communicating with me, telling me they made a mistake or probably not, if their service record is anything to go by, and then shipping it back.

I do feel that DJI should give all the retailers in ANY country the go ahead to replace the Aircraft immediately, in stead of waiting more than a month for opening a ticket,

I agree with one (edited) condition - drone owner can show DJI will accept MA for return, and return in some way involves irreversible .0400 FW.

2018-6-27
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-27 20:03
I do feel that DJI should give all the retailers in ANY country the go ahead to replace the Aircraft immediately, in stead of waiting more than a month for opening a ticket,

I agree with condition - drone owner can show DJI will accept MA for return, and return in some way involves irreversible .0400 FW.

Since I was able to get a working (so far) spare, I started a ticket for my original aircraft and it's going in for replacement/repair.  I know many can't afford a spare, so it would be nice to return locally for replacement.  But that would mean they'd have to publicly acknowledge the fact (yes, it's a fact) they have faulty aircraft and/or FW and that might not ever happen.
2018-6-28
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2310082 ft
  • >>>
United States

WayneMHK Posted at 2018-6-28 06:27
Since I was able to get a working (so far) spare, I started a ticket for my original aircraft and it's going in for replacement/repair.  I know many can't afford a spare, so it would be nice to return locally for replacement.  But that would mean they'd have to publicly acknowledge the fact (yes, it's a fact) they have faulty aircraft and/or FW and that might not ever happen.

@ WayneMHK

I'm curious, are both (spare and original) your MA's running 0.400?
2018-6-28
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Took the "infected with firmware v 0.400"MA in for return and repair. We played around with a non updated firmware (0.300) MA at the resellers, with ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEMS. Worked like a charm. I am not holding my breath at the moment for DJI to replace the unit, seeing that some people still continue to rant on the forum about the problem NOT existing.

2018-6-29
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

No one’s “ranting” that the problems don’t exist, but there are plenty of us that don’t have a problem!
2018-6-29
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Ok update on DJI Support.
Drone was send in to DJI South Africa two weeks ago. Last week they were still "testing" the software, firmware etc and they are in contact with DJI China Head office, but after several calls from the retailer where i bought the drone, still no reply from DJI.  

I still don,t know what is wrong, or what they plan to do to fix the problem. No news, no communication, no idea where my drone is, or what the plan is to solve the problem. Very, very poor service from DJI Cape Town. I don,t expect them to fix the drone in record time, but to keep me updated on the progress and plan would have been professional.
Have to say, i already convinced two friends NOT to buy a DJI Mavic, successfully i should add. So although DJI might not know it, they are slowly losing some profits.

If we take a look at the poll on when new firmware will be released, and just counting the people that say, after shooting my mavic, and after loosing my mavic, you get around 30 people, on this forum alone, that have problems with the firmware. Thousands that buy the product does not take part in forums etc, so the problem could be fairly widespread.

I will continue to advise people against buying DJI Mavic Air, for the POOR SUPPORT alone. No one wants to buy a car, that will be out of order for weeks at a time, without the manufacturer being able to find the fault and fix it, and deliver a professional and fast service.

2018-7-12
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

North Idaho Guy Posted at 2018-6-28 06:43
@ WayneMHK

I'm curious, are both (spare and original) your MA's running 0.400?

Yes.  Both were running .0400.  I have since gotten a replacement from DJI for my original, and it came with .0300.  Haven't updated yet but plan to.
And @Charissa, I'm sorry your support experience hasn't been better.  My experience with US support was a good one.  I'm guessing you'll eventually get a replacement as I did.
2018-7-12
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2310082 ft
  • >>>
United States

WayneMHK Posted at 2018-7-12 10:47
Yes.  Both were running .0400.  I have since gotten a replacement from DJI for my original, and it came with .0300.  Haven't updated yet but plan to.

You have more or less the perfect test bed for a compare and contrast...........Fly the 0.300 right behind the 0.400 same time, same place if you can somehow get a repeatable 0.400 hiccup/s somewhere (we have several reported that appear repeatable and if you find you are too). Obviously, if the 0.300 runs same route perfectly w/o that/those known 0.400 repeating hicup/s.......Well,  we'd know perhaps what we already know?..... Less the RC that is, which of course could be re-link to the other AC to make a more definitive conclusion.

Then of course, and depending on what and how bad, you might not want to go to the non-downgradable 0.400 with your 0.300, I know some here would love your 0.300 bout now. I'm running two MPP's now and am going to always run one behind a rev I think.

2018-7-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Charissa Posted at 2018-7-12 01:38
Ok update on DJI Support.
Drone was send in to DJI South Africa two weeks ago. Last week they were still "testing" the software, firmware etc and they are in contact with DJI China Head office, but after several calls from the retailer where i bought the drone, still no reply from DJI.  

Charissa, just to verify, the drone was sent to the dealer directly, right? Generally, the dealer will report in the dealer system if they cannot handle it. Is there any case number for follow-up? We'd like to check the exact status and see whether we can help.
2018-7-12
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Thanks for the reply. I took the drone back to the retailer in Pretoria, who send it, with the remote control to DJI Cape Town.
From there, still no idea what is wrong and if or when the drone will be fixed or replaced.
The lady at the retailer can not get a hold of DJI on the phone, and the emails take forever to be answered. So far, all i know, is that they might send me a "loan" unit in the meantime, and that they tested the drone and re installed all firmware last week, according to the emails from DJI. Being waiting for two weeks now.........
I will again contact the retailer to get the case number, if possible. She is including me in all communications with DJI Cape Town.
Help Would be appreciated.
2018-7-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Charissa Posted at 2018-7-13 00:00
Thanks for the reply. I took the drone back to the retailer in Pretoria, who send it, with the remote control to DJI Cape Town.
From there, still no idea what is wrong and if or when the drone will be fixed or replaced.
The lady at the retailer can not get a hold of DJI on the phone, and the emails take forever to be answered. So far, all i know, is that they might send me a "loan" unit in the meantime, and that they tested the drone and re installed all firmware last week, according to the emails from DJI. Being waiting for two weeks now.........

Sorry to hear that, please get the case number if possible so that we could check on the status for better support, thank you.
2018-7-13
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Hi. I got a message today, saying that the drone will be send for repairs to China on Monday.
The info that i have is the following.

R2808
Charissa de Lange
Mavic Air II
OL1DCLLAC0611
Under Warrantee:
Yes

zakir.paker@dronedeals.co.za
jonob@cgc-asia.com
Hope it helps.
2018-7-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Charissa Posted at 2018-7-13 08:12
Hi. I got a message today, saying that the drone will be send for repairs to China on Monday.
The info that i have is the following.

Unfortunately, I didn't find the case number via the info you provided, if the drone has been sent to DJI official repair center, our repair team will help to take care of it and get it fixed, if you need any further assistance, please provide us the case number.
2018-7-13
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Thank u. I will see if i can get a case number for you. Will email DJI Cape Town on Monday.
2018-7-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Charissa Posted at 2018-7-14 13:45
Thank u. I will see if i can get a case number for you. Will email DJI Cape Town on Monday.

Alright, please keep us updated in this post for better follow-up, thank you!
2018-7-14
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Update:
DJI Cape Town send me a loan Mavic Air, which i yet have to take out and fly. According to them, my Mavic was send to DJI China, with the remote controller. Awaiting them to give me a case/ticket number, but like pulling teeth, takes a while and STILL waiting for a response.
Will keep u updated Susan, thanks.
2018-7-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Charissa Posted at 2018-7-20 01:54
Update:
DJI Cape Town send me a loan Mavic Air, which i yet have to take out and fly. According to them, my Mavic was send to DJI China, with the remote controller. Awaiting them to give me a case/ticket number, but like pulling teeth, takes a while and STILL waiting for a response.
Will keep u updated Susan, thanks.

No problem, we are always here to help, you can contact us any time.
2018-7-20
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

Really sorry to hear that.

Just don`t make too many waves as I was subjected to some very scathing remarks from some of the forum users as I initially did not realise that it was the firmware that was at fault but thought that I was to blame.  When I found the real reason some of the forum users really "laid it into me".
2018-7-23
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Yeah, i notice the trend to do that. But i will continue to say that my MA worked like a little beast before the update, and had millions of little irritating problems after the firmware update. Maybe once the new firmware is done, ours with problems will fly perfectly, and the non believer drones will crash to earth.....we can only hope.......
And what a day that would be...........LOL
2018-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules