Grounded for a while. See you soon
916 17 2018-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Optimus_Prime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

I was filming at the bridge in my town, suddenly the weather change so quick and the battery run low so fast. About 120m above the ground i pushed rth button immediately at 30% left, battery run out so fast and wind gust very strong so the battery depleted and drop like a leaf. So sad... Sent it to official retailer and praying for the best.. Good luck all pilots..
IMG_20180616_142958.jpg
2018-6-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oh mate - sorry to see that. Hope you get a replacement very soon.
2018-6-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Sorry about that Buddy, hope you back in the Air soon
2018-6-16
Use props
Gregbella
Second Officer

Sorry to see hope you’re back flying soon
2018-6-16
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

I am very sorry for your crash!
2018-6-16
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

My sincere condolences Hope you can get back to flying soon...
2018-6-16
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Ouch! Hope you get it sorted out, and back in the air soon.
2018-6-16
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

We will miss you...I meant the Mavic AIR
2018-6-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

“I thought at the time that I couldn't be horrified anymore, or wounded. I suppose that's a common conceit, that you've already been so damaged that damage itself, in its totality, makes you safe.”
2018-6-16
Use props
Axeli
lvl.4
Flight distance : 339416 ft
Czechia

Damn, feel sorry for you man   
2018-6-16
Use props
Ken Storm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry for your lose.
Do you have DJI refresh?
A 120m fall. Wow, considering the height it does not look too bad, I would have thought it would be in a large number of pieces from that height.
Hope you get a replacement soon.
2018-6-16
Use props
nixuspix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Am really so sorry about your accident. Hope You'll be back soon
2018-6-16
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

sad story, sorry for your loss...

At least its a good warning to me and maybe others. RTH at high altitudes with high winds is not reliable. RTH doesn't descent untill it reaches homepoint.
When winds pick up at those altitudes, you are most certainly better of pulling full throttle down, you can even do this while RtH. Maybe flipping into sports mode to descent faster would be even better when a storm hits.

Still something is weird though, shouldn't the critical battery landing have kicked in?
2018-6-16
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Oh man so very sorry to hear this.  I know how the weather can turn in a heart beat like that.  Hope you get a replacement.
2018-6-16
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

That hurts a little.  Ok, a lot. Really sorry to read of your crash. Hope you get back in the air soon!
2018-6-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

We do apologize for the inconvenience. I understand how hard it is not to fly your drone to take videos and pictures. Rest assured that our DJI repair team will do their best to assess the Mavic Air's flight records to see what happened to the drone. Once the assessment is finished we will be sending you the result of the test as soon as possible.
2018-6-16
Use props
Optimus_Prime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

Thank you all pilots for your very kind words. I will wait and notify when i receive it back. Until then, i will improve my editing and give you some shots before my bird broken down. This is very paint because this one is my second one and love it so much with great image quality. Wish you all luck while flying.
@LosBol: yes, the emergency landing kicked in after i press RTH but wind gusted too strong at about 120m for a small drone like MA can reduce height fast. My fault here. In Ho Chí Minh city now starts rainy season so find the good times for flying is very difficult.
Thank you all again for your support. I send it back to official retailer and they will notify me. I will post case number if they provide me. Hope DJI can work with them to solve my case. Love you all.
2018-6-16
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2310082 ft
  • >>>
United States

RIP little one and may your flight to drone heaven be peaceful and forever over motor current free..........
2018-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules