Memory card fails initialisation, can’t format in go app
476 5 2018-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans18e239ce
New
Flight distance : 17192 ft
United Kingdom

Hello everyone I got a 32gb SanDisk ultra card to go in my phantom 3 standard but every time I put it in the card reader on the camera it’s says invalid card after it’s tried to initialise it. I’ve tried to format it on my pc to fat32 but it still keeps failing. Any ideas?
2018-6-16
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

So, it doesn't work in the computer either?  Bad card.  If I read your post wrong, try formating in eXfat32.
2018-6-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

I am sorry that you are having issues with the SD card that you have on your Phantom 3 Standard. Let me help you with this issue that we are facing. Have you tried using a different SD card on your Phantom 3 Standard?

2018-6-16
Use props
fans18e239ce
New
Flight distance : 17192 ft
United Kingdom

Hi WD9EON. It works in the computer yes. Also it works when I put it in my tablet. But won’t work in the phantom.

DJI Stephen yes I’ve tried a small card in it (4gb no brand cheap card) and that works fine
2018-6-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans18e239ce Posted at 2018-6-16 06:00
Hi WD9EON. It works in the computer yes. Also it works when I put it in my tablet. But won’t work in the phantom.

DJI Stephen yes I’ve tried a small card in it (4gb no brand cheap card) and that works fine

Hello. Thank you for your response and sorry for the trouble. There are several ways to format your SD card. You may refer it below:                                       

1) If the SD card is formatted with the DJI GO app, the SD card that is less than or equal to 32GB should be formatted into the FAT32 file system while the SD card that is larger than 32GB should be formatted into the exFAT file system.                                       

2)  If the SD card is formatted on the computer, the SD card that is less than or equal to 32GB should only be formatted into the FAT32 file system. The recommended cluster size is 32KB. The SD card that is larger than 32GB should only be formatted into the exFAT file system. The recommended cluster size is 128KB.                                       

3) When the SD card has been used for a long period of time, its write speed may decrease. In this case, the SD card can be formatted with SD Formatter.                                                                       
2018-6-16
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

You might tell what card it is beside the size and brand, eventually a picture of it too.
Did you buy it from a trusted place, if not it could be fake or a bad production that has found a way being sold anyway.
2018-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules