P4P gimbal vibration noise, how to fix?
921 6 2018-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_6Q57jczySsAE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623366 ft

My P4P (still covered under DJI care) has a vibrating gimbal. It doesn't happen every flgiht, but enough that it's bothersome. I believe it's causing subtle vibrations in video. I remember reading that there's a firmware fix? Is that so, and if so, how do I engage?
thanks,

steve
2018-6-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello. May you please send us a sample video? So that we can review it. Thank you.
2018-6-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-16 15:21
Hello. May you please send us a sample video? So that we can review it. Thank you.

Thank you for sending me the sample video. Kindly update/refresh the firmware of your aircraft. Then record another video and let us know if it is still vibrating. If yes, I highly recommend to send in the unit to our facility for a repair. You watch the video tutorial as well for your reference. You start submitting the request by clicking on this link: http://www.dji.com/support

2018-6-17
Use props
djiuser_6Q57jczySsAE
lvl.4

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-17 23:21
Thank you for sending me the sample video. Kindly update/refresh the firmware of your aircraft. Then record another video and let us know if it is still vibrating. If yes, I highly recommend to send in the unit to our facility for a repair. You watch the video tutorial as well for your reference. You start submitting the request by clicking on this link: http://www.dji.com/support

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ_WEtnqI7c

Will do. Please ignore my recent PM (asking if you were able to view video)
2018-6-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_6Q57jczySsAE Posted at 2018-6-18 10:27
Will do. Please ignore my recent PM (asking if you were able to view video)

Thank you and please let us know the result.
2018-6-19
Use props
djiuser_6Q57jczySsAE
lvl.4

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-19 08:57
Thank you and please let us know the result.

I refreshed the firmware (it was current). No change, the gimbals still vibrates. It doesn’t do it all the time, but it’s frequent. If you gently touch the gimbal while it’s vibrating, it sometimes stops, but then moving the drone around may result  in it vibrating (buzzing again). I’m leaving for a shoot in Colorado a week from today....to soon for a repair turn around, so I ordered a new P4P v 2.0, but a few hours after the order I canceled it due to its inability to work with GS and maps made easy.  The shoot is mostly stills, so a high shutter speed with help, and it doesn’t always vibration.

Any ideas? Is there a screw to tighten, etc.?

Thanks for the support.

Steve

Honestly, frustrating.
2018-6-19
Use props
arppa94
New
Finland

I'm having this exactly same problem with my P4 Advanced+ that I bought yesterday. Loud buzzing, especially when the gimbal is pointed downwards.

Interested to hear any solutions too.
2018-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules