Mavic Pro controller binding not working, Yellow and red lights
2166 10 2018-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mohardy
lvl.1

Canada

Hi Guys,

Mavic Pro Drone went into the water (lost gps and hit the boat tower)

I was able to pick it up within 5 seconds so did not stayed in the water for a long time. I do know that electronics and water are not best friends.

I was able to open it and dry it out.

Everything seems to works else than I can't seems to connect the controller to the drone. I've tried several times to bind the controller.

On the drone I have a fast yellow blinking lights and after a few secondes then a have a solid red for 2 sec and then it starts again.

Any clues

Regards
2018-6-16
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

how long did it dry out for?  and di you toss the water logged battery?  do not use a water logged li-po

saltwater or fresh water?  if its salt water (or somewhat salty) count it as a complete loss as it will continue to corrode and damage itself even after dried out since its etched itself in, salty water is pure evil to electronics.  fresh water there is always a chance to recover it assuming it was properly dried off and battery was pulled and tossed..

hard to say what the error is without it binding.. try connecting your phone to the mavic using its built in wifi..there's a switch on the right side of the drone under the flap next to the micro SD card slot.. flip it over to Wifi mode from RC then clock on the mavic SSID in your phones wifi settings and enter you mavic pro's wifi password, this is typically on a sticker somewhere on your drone or in your manual.  with it connected to your phone, you can check the errors..

if however you cannot even do that much, last resort is to plug the drone into usb port on your computer and use DJI assistant application, and hope you can pull logs and maybe refresh the firmware.

if you get it binded to wifi on your phone and the error is some basic like compass error some thing maybe related to where the drone is sitting (since red indicates an error).  wifi modual is also part of the occusync module... so technically if that works, occusync should work with your controller..  flip it back to RC mode, reboot the drone, then rebind it to the RC.     i forget the steps to rebind your RC to the mavic pro.. but im sure someone here knows or you can search google for it maybe.. i

2018-6-16
Use props
mohardy
lvl.1

Canada

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-6-16 16:46
how long did it dry out for?  and di you toss the water logged battery?  do not use a water logged li-po

saltwater or fresh water?  if its salt water (or somewhat salty) count it as a complete loss as it will continue to corrode and damage itself even after dried out since its etched itself in, salty water is pure evil to electronics.  fresh water there is always a chance to recover it assuming it was properly dried off and battery was pulled and tossed..

Thanks,

Freshwater ! so we might have a change. The battery is aside I have use another clean one.

Drone did dry for more that 48 hours.

I will try the WIfi mode and plug it to the computer.

Marco
2018-6-16
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

mohardy Posted at 2018-6-16 17:40
Thanks,

Freshwater ! so we might have a change. The battery is aside I have use another clean one.

hopefully she survived and you can figure out what the error is.. 48 hours is a bit short though for complete dunking,  specially if water found its way under shieldings and things..

let us know what the results are of trying to sync things up and any log files you may have, look em over make sure nothing that stand out.

realistically the longer you could left it to dry unattended, like a full week, the better since gives hidden water maybe hiding under things and between things more times to dry and work itself out..
2018-6-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for what happened to your drone. I understand that you were able to dry it out for a couple of days but we still highly suggest to send it to our repair center and let our engineers check it. Thank you for your understanding.
2018-6-17
Use props
mohardy
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-17 04:02
Hello there. We apologize for what happened to your drone. I understand that you were able to dry it out for a couple of days but we still highly suggest to send it to our repair center and let our engineers check it. Thank you for your understanding.

Hi there,

it's not longer under any warranty. Can you please provide me some service centers in canada ?
2018-6-17
Use props
mohardy
lvl.1

Canada

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-6-16 17:56
hopefully she survived and you can figure out what the error is.. 48 hours is a bit short though for complete dunking,  specially if water found its way under shieldings and things..

let us know what the results are of trying to sync things up and any log files you may have, look em over make sure nothing that stand out.

No luck with the WIFI instead of the RC. I'm not seeing any wireless network. Also the light below the toggle switch it not lightling up. Probably a damage RC/Wifi module Also in the assistant it won't pickup the SSID / Password.

Was able to downgrade / upgrade firmware without issues but still not luck for the RC.

Calibraton also always ask to reboot the drone. (maybe i'm doing it wrong)

Please find below the ZIP file of the logs. Can you suggest a good log viewer for DJI ?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/or5olvxmnwaar0y/Blackbox.zip?dl=0

Thanks again all
calibration.PNG
WIFI.PNG
2018-6-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

mohardy Posted at 2018-6-17 04:08
Hi there,

it's not longer under any warranty. Can you please provide me some service centers in canada ?

I see. You can check some here: https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
2018-6-17
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

if there is no wireless signal that I suspect you may have prematurely power your drone up and shorted out the wireless system, was still lurking water.

Have a few options still that you can risk...

1. Buy 99.99999% isopropyl alcohol and open your drone up to expose everything inside and just pour it in and basically drown it in that stuff... and hang it up and let it dry for a few days... pure alcohol will pull water and evaporate cleaner .. it will also a lot of times carry away surface level corrosion.

2.  Prey to eltronic god and pull the power on it and let it dry longer like few more days.. always possible that it’s not damaged yet if it’s not saltwater and that there is a drop of water bridging a connection and messing with the drone still..

3. Give in and return it..

As for solution one, I never had to deploy it on a drone, but that’s my go to anytime I suffer a water logged device.  If my mavic Pro took a dunk and sunk I would pull it apart after a few days of it drying out with no battery and I would soak it in 99.999% isopropyl.. then let it air dry for a few more day before I would power it up.
2018-6-17
Use props
mohardy
lvl.1

Canada

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-6-17 08:22
if there is no wireless signal that I suspect you may have prematurely power your drone up and shorted out the wireless system, was still lurking water.

Have a few options still that you can risk...

thanks for theses tips.

Do you think it could be an expensive repair at an authorized repair center ? I don't mind paying a few bucks to give it repaired properly since it for sure my fault. Next time i will have a backup landing spot in head and land it in a free field.

2018-6-17
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

mohardy Posted at 2018-6-17 11:55
thanks for theses tips.

Do you think it could be an expensive repair at an authorized repair center ? I don't mind paying a few bucks to give it repaired properly since it for sure my fault. Next time i will have a backup landing spot in head and land it in a free field.

yes it be expensive if not covered by warranty.  probably going to want to replace everything, that may end up costing you more than the drone is worth refurbished.

im not apart of DJi team, sooo.  since you already likely voided warranty by pilot error, maybe worth trying out cleaning off everything with 99.99999% isopropyl and letting it dry a few more days before giving in and waiting 2 weeks and costing you several hundred dollars either way...not like it will change the cost if it fails, already voided warrenty and water logged.
2018-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules