SD Card Slot on RC? What use?
1766 8 2018-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
onehungrydog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 610164 ft
United States

I can't believe that the only function of the SD Card Slot on the P4P RC is to upload firmware. I am using the P4p+ but I don't think there is a difference. So far the only other use I have been able to see is to use as a card holder, which I never thought of before, and I'm gonna do, but seriously, this is it???
2018-6-16
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

OK,  I'll BITE

I've had 2 Inspire 1,   and a P4Pro.......There is no SD Card "slot" on either RC.  You can however use a USB "thumb" Drive to attach to the USB connector on the RC.  Is this what you are referring to?

Randy

2018-6-16
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-6-16 19:19
OK,  I'll BITE

I've had 2 Inspire 1,   and a P4Pro.......There is no SD Card "slot" on either RC.  You can however use a USB "thumb" Drive to attach to the USB connector on the RC.  Is this what you are referring to?

He has a P4P+, which has an SD card slot in the CrystalSky display. DJI state it has been provided for future use, but at present it does nothing.
2018-6-16
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

OMG.......I am sorry, but  this just reminds me of this comedy routine...... Chrystal Sky Display  = CHRITAL KY

Sorry.....really!  I read he was using P4P.....and P4P+  the RC does NOT have an SD Card slot....the Droid device,  well......

Randy
2018-6-16
Use props
onehungrydog
lvl.2
United States

LOL, that's a good clip.  Not sure if you're referring to Kentucky or that you like KY???

You are both kinda wrong. The SD card slot I'm referring to is indeed in the RC, NOT THE DISPLAY. And to reiterate, I am using the P4P+ RC, I assumed the regular old P4P RC was the same, guess not. I won't waste my time proving it, you can look it up yourself

But instead of digressing into the useless minutiae of the above, can anyone actually answer my OP ???

Thank You!
2018-6-16
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

As you already figured out, the SD slot can be used to hold a spare card when not in use for FW upgrades, don't mind the manual claim the use of it to be something else.

2018-6-17
Use props
onehungrydog
lvl.2
United States

Even though it's not the answer I wanted to hear, THANK YOU for a definitive answer with pictures and everything. It's too funny "extra storage space".
2018-6-17
Use props
Jeff Millard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>

The SD slot on the Pro+ controller is only used for firmware upgrade. You download the controller firmware from the DJI website and unpack the zip to the SD card. Install the card and go to settings, system settings, update, Check for Updates, select update and start. I did it this way the first time it needed to be updated. The second time, it wouldn't work so I did it over WiFi. Welcome to bizarro world people.

If you choose to use the slot to "hold" a card, don't insert it or remove it with the power on. You can corrupt the data on the card. Trashing your images and video doesn't make for happy droning.

Jeff
2018-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules