Landing on the sea
438 6 2018-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_v02o2t8mc759
lvl.1
Flight distance : 285988 ft
Hong Kong

I just lost my mavic air because I have set the failsafe RTH action to immediately landing, as dji explained to me from the log I provided.

Is this option existed in the go4 app?  I only remember I ve set the RTH height.

Thx
2018-6-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Then that is pilot error, your failsafe has to be RTH
2018-6-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You can’t set RTH to immediately land, you can only set land when you lose RC signal. You have 3 options hover,land and RTH , I’m not sure why anyone would choose land, hover if your in VLOS but this should nearly always be set to RTH .
It’s a tough break sorry to hear this, I really can only see one option when land is useful flying indoors, but you must be careful to change back when outdoors, maybe a warning for this setting is needed.
2018-6-17
Use props
djiuser_v02o2t8mc759
lvl.1
Flight distance : 285988 ft
Hong Kong

Thank you for your advice.  I don't know there is option for loss of rc signal and I assume by default it  will trigger RTH.  Anyway ,  a very expensive lesson
2018-6-17
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for your loss.
2018-6-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. I am sorry to know that you've lost your Mavic Air. This is not the experience we want you to have on your Drone. Please sync your flight records using your DJI Go 4 application so that we will know what happened to the Drone. Thank you.
2018-6-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-17 02:34
You can’t set RTH to immediately land, you can only set land when you lose RC signal. You have 3 options hover,land and RTH , I’m not sure why anyone would choose land, hover if your in VLOS but this should nearly always be set to RTH .
It’s a tough break sorry to hear this, I really can only see one option when land is useful flying indoors, but you must be careful to change back when outdoors, maybe a warning for this setting is needed.

It is such an important part of the pre flight checks to ensure failsafe is set to RTH and land/hover. I set to hover before taking off indoors and have no idea why land is even an option. I agree that this should have some sort of warning or at least be on the front page of the aircraft status.
2018-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules