One of my first flights
921 6 2015-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
felixodiaz
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

Still getting a hang of it and shaking of the fear of loosing it, but i'm getting there!
2015-5-15
Use props
PublicRealtor
lvl.2

United States

ANY problems. Updating firmware anf mechanical issues?
2015-5-15
Use props
felixodiaz
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

PublicRealtor@g Posted at 2015-5-16 08:18
ANY problems. Updating firmware anf mechanical issues?

No mechanical issues, only thing i noticed is that after the update, i've had a couple of video feed problems, nothing mayor but sometimes it just scrambles and find myself blind for a couple of sec. other from that, it's all good.
2015-5-15
Use props
Mikey14
lvl.3

United States

Great video!
2015-5-15
Use props
jacribb.gmail
lvl.2

United States

I noticed yet another tilted horizon at 1:59.

Is this the norm on these units?
2015-5-16
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

Sweet

When you get more comfortable you'd likely want to explore the video and gimbal settings in more detail.

One very nice setting to change is the movement speed of the gimbal. You can lower this speed for more smooth and cinematic camera "up-and down"-movement. You can also change the gimbal EXPO - if you lower this the gimbal will  move very very slowly when you start using the gimbal dial on the remote - but when you push the gimbal dial more, it will accelerate the speed of the up-and-down motion of the camera. All I can say is - experiment with it - and consider doing it while on the ground

I usually suggest that people should buy a cheap "toy" quadcopter first - or at the same time as getting a Phantom - to train with an not fearing destroying this wonderful flying camera. I trained with a cheap Hubsan X4 and that taught me the basics of flying making the trasition to the Phantom much smoother and with more confidence.

In general I also suggest baby-steps. Don't push it. Remember distances are VERY difficult to judge when standing 'behind' the quadcopter. Speed is also very difficult to judge when flying towards or away from you. So take it easy, don't fly too close to things, fly in calm weather. It is easy to get confused - and it is a shame hurting our wonderful flying machine   I've flown hundreds of hours without any serious issues and without crashes (knock on wood).

-

Buy your DJI-gear, batteries, cases by using this link - it'll help me out

2015-5-16
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

FantomDK Posted at 2015-5-17 12:48
Sweet

When you get more comfortable you'd likely want to explore the video and gimbal set ...

Last year, when I first got into remote modeling, I watched an enormous amount of videos, many, many, many of them via flitetest.com.

They have a great adage - "...there are two kinds of RC pilots. Those who have crashed and those who are going to crash."

I got some of mine out of the way early on! I've been looking for some little decals of trees. I'm going to stencil four of them on the side of my e-Flite Apprentice.
2015-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules