Simple question:reliable flight.
722 5 2018-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_oJFJ6zFFO5UB
lvl.1

United States

I own a couple DJI mavic pro. Before #1 fell from the sky a few blocks from home, where i fly everyday, for no apperant reason and reading all the recent fly aways and fall from sky stories i wonder.What are my chances of getting my drone home after take off?   The first and only crash i have had totalled my #1 mavic.  Will DJI come out with a fix or opinion on why the drone doesnt simply return.   Need confidence back.
water_mark_19f35003760eecc96e912552c927cf09.jpg
2018-6-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I have full trust in my Pro that when it takes off it will come back. I have flown out just over 6km and others on here more, my bird has always come back everytime no issues. You have to ensure your pre-flight is done and all is working well before take off. Some guys do not follow the rules hence they loose their drones and come on here to complain. You need to know where to fly and WHEN to fly.
2018-6-16
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

I don't know how many DJI camera drones have been sold, but if I see that the DJI Go 4 App has been downloaded by over a million unique Android users (and I don't even know how many Apple users), I'd say DJI makes pretty reliable drones and them falling out of sky due to failures is not at all a frequent occurrence.

I can understand you being cautious due to a bad experience though. I can only advise you to take it slow, fly a couple of batteries in an open field and test flight procedures including RTH's until you are confident again in yourself and the crafts capabilities.

Analyzing the flightlogs of what exactly went wrong, so you can get some understanding what the factors of the crash were would also help answering the questionmarks that are left open.
2018-6-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've been flying DJI drones (Spark to Mavic series to Phantom's) for nearly 2 years and have never had a major crash or fly away in over 1000 flights.
2018-6-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience you're having. For you to ensure that your aircraft will return to your home point, you just have to set the home point in the app, under main controller settings. Also, make sure that the GPS signal is in good condition and firmware version are in their latest version.
If the drone is in your end and it crashed, you can send it to our repair center to have fixed. You can start a repair case online: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index. If you weren't able to retrieve the drone and it's still within the 12 months warranty period, you can contact our DJI Support to create a case for you to investigate what happened to your unit.
2018-6-17
Use props
djiuser_oJFJ6zFFO5UB
lvl.1

United States

Just received both MP's back from Refresh Express and started flying yesterday. Thank you DJI for great customer service. The turn around time for 2 DJI Mavic Pros ended up being 8 days total. When I called to verify they had arrived at DJI, customer service informed me that both had already been sent off to me.  Amazing and thank you DJI.   Yes flight data would be great. Unfortunately they have been sent back already.  Thanks for the comments all.
screen_35db22007b5385ac_1538583514000.jpg
2018-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules