564 2 2018-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

I know charging the RC WHILE FLYING has been discussed many times, and is not recommended by DJI as it hasn't been tested.  I've also seen some people say there is risk of damaging the remote by doing this.  I have a slightly different question.  I would like to charge both WHILE NOT FLYING.

I have a dedicated 'wonderphone' (Huawei Ascend XT2) that I want to leave connected to the remote at all times since plugging it in and getting it all situated within the handles can be a bit of a pain.  My thought was that I could use a short left angle micro usb cable and leave it connected to the bottom USB port - leaving the the charging port on the RC open.

Is there any danger to the RC if I use the RC port to charge both simultaneously when not flying?  

In other words:
- If I want to charge the RC only, I leave the phone & RC turned off, and just plug the RC into the charger through the RC charging port.
- If I want to charge the RC AND the phone, I turn on the phone and RC, let them connect, then plug the RC into the charger through the RC charging port.

The downside is that I can't ONLY charge the phone without unplugging it from the remote.  Any danger to the remote or potential warranty issues?
LP

2018-6-17
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

Have you seen this?
2018-6-17
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

No, I haven't, but no thanks.  Too much work.  I'll just unplug the phone to charge it if what I want to do isn't acceptable...

Thanks though!
LP
2018-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules