Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Motorola Droid Maxx 2 Issue
889 9 2018-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rmd610
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85200 ft
United States

I have a Motorola Droid Maxx 2 Android phone.  I’ve had my Spark for about 10 months.  For the last 10 months I’ve been able to fly using the phone as my screen/monitor.  Over the last few days I been experiencing connection issues with the phone.  The video feed is slow, and the DJI Go 4 app seems to drag so much so that the phone is asking if I want to cancel the application.  I can connect and fly without any issues with my iPad, however I prefer the phone (one less thing to carry when I fly).  Plus the iPad brings more attention to me as one of the things I like most about the Spark is the fact that it is basically unnoticed.

Has something changed in the app where the Driod Maxx 2 is no longer supported?  This is a bit frustrating, so I figured I’d ask here in the forum.  Thanks everyone!!
2018-6-17
Use props
BMelody
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3146 ft
United States

Did you allow the DJI GO app to auto update? If so what version of DJI GO are you running? Anything above 4.2.12 is very buggy. Try loading older version of DJI GO from a mirror app site. I use APKPure but it can be a bit tricky to use but if you follow the instructions and use the APKPure to download and then install it works great. I am now using 4.2.12 as the higher version would disconnect in flight.
2018-6-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry to know if you have unpleasant with your spark, however, as of the moment, Motorola Droid Maxx 2 is not yet optimized with our spark, however, since you mention that you were able to use it for 10 months we will forward this information to our R&D engineers for further investigation, for the mean-time you might try to check our compatible devices to our spark. Please see the image below. Thank you for your understanding.
2018-6-17
Use props
rmd610
lvl.2
United States

Just following up to see if there is any update.  Thanks.
2018-6-21
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
United Kingdom

rmd610 Posted at 2018-6-21 18:24
Just following up to see if there is any update.  Thanks.

Droid MAXX is the one of the best Motorola phone I have used for a long time. But the RAM is limited to 1 GB .
if you are using a rooted Droid MAXX , change the Android version to check if the DJI GO 4 app works .
2018-6-22
Use props
rmd610
lvl.2
United States

S.J Posted at 2018-6-22 23:57
Droid MAXX is the one of the best Motorola phone I have used for a long time. But the RAM is limited to 1 GB .
if you are using a rooted Droid MAXX , change the Android version to check if the DJI GO 4 app works .

Thanks for your reply.  I've been using the Droid MAXX 2 with my Spark since I got the drone last summer.  Over the last two weeks or so the MAXX is no longer "seeing" a video feed.  It's frustrating because if it worked for all this time, why did it change.  DJI has been silent on this too.  As you can see I got a quick reply, but no real answer as to what changed.  
2018-6-25
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Kuwait

rmd610 Posted at 2018-6-25 05:52
Thanks for your reply.  I've been using the Droid MAXX 2 with my Spark since I got the drone last summer.  Over the last two weeks or so the MAXX is no longer "seeing" a video feed.  It's frustrating because if it worked for all this time, why did it change.  DJI has been silent on this too.  As you can see I got a quick reply, but no real answer as to what changed.

i THINK SOME SETTING IN THE PHONE HAS CHANGED. ARE U USING A ROOTED ANDROID ? WHAT IS THE VERSION NUMBER ?
2018-6-25
Use props
rmd610
lvl.2
United States

I just saw this.  I do not have a routed phone.  Android version 7.1.1
2018-8-1
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
United Kingdom

rmd610 Posted at 2018-8-1 05:02
I just saw this.  I do not have a routed phone.  Android version 7.1.1

For Droid Maxx 2 specifically, clear the cache  and try.
Also clear the video cache in the Go 4 app.
2018-8-1
Use props
rmd610
lvl.2
United States

Thank you.  I will try to clear the cache and try again.  Three or four days of rain here in NJ, so I may not get to this till later in the week.   Thanks for your tip.
2018-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules