bobsma
lvl.4

United States

2018-6-17
Use props
chugger93
lvl.2
United States

I doubt it was from prop failure...the prop could have broken off in the crash.  I had mine bank like that too when I first used it..however it was cuz I took off from a patio and had metal all around me.  I never had calibrated the compass either.  This I believe it was caused it to just go off, bank to the left or right and crash.  I seriously think its important that you calibrate the compass everytime you fly it, especially if its a new location.  Thats my takeaway anyways....
2018-6-18
Use props
wimherman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 208556 ft
Norway

Anyhow, i think good props have a huge effect on the flight. My Spark began to sound diffferent (i do have musician ears) over time, and suddenly it was correcting all the time (wiggling). The props looked fine some green color from grasses but sharp and felt clean and smooth. I still tried new props, it was like my spark flew and sounded like it came right out of the box. My advice, dont spare on props.. Use original props. Its an expensive machine and like any other aircraft needs maintenance..
2018-6-18
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

I am very sorry for your crash and damage! This will require a new body and as you say maybe a new motor but that will still come out cheaper than a new drone from what I know. On the DJI repair website you can find cost estimates for that.
And if you want to know more about possible causes for what has happened, please upload your flightrecord to this site and share the link with us: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2018-6-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry to know what happened on your spark but still glad that you were able to retrieve the unit from almost losing it. I would recommend syncing your flight records for our team to conduct some investigation in regards to this incident and I strongly advise to you contacting our support for you to send your unit to our facility as well. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav
2018-6-18
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

bobsma Posted at 2018-6-30 09:15
another crash with No damage!!   so if I have a defective Compass, what part has to be replaced?  i already replaced the motor and ECS on one of the arms and replaced the body and did an IMU calibration, then a compass calibration in the same place I always do it. please help! and today is the day you will get your flight data!  thanks!

I can only recommend to follow the advice given by DJI Tony here above and let them analyse the data. You don't need to send your Spark in for that, just export the blackbox data with DJI Assistant and make it available to the DJI support. I would assume that they can see from the data if there is a problem with the compass. I hope all will be soon well soon you!
2018-6-30
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

bobsma Posted at 2018-6-30 16:42
so i downloaded itunes and the APP isn't showing up now in order for me to upload the data. so I believe the default is to delete if you select done instead of scrolling down to save.  i'm not making this up. itunes sucks for sure!  i want to replace the GPS module anyways, so I will do it and report back.

You can download DJI Assistant here: https://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads
2018-6-30
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

bobsma Posted at 2018-7-1 00:56
my flight records havn't been deleted, I checked on the ipad pro itself, but for some reason it wasn't showing up anymore in itunes so I though i may had deleted it.  I know about the flight data from the drone itself with DJI Assistant so I will do this later today and find some way to also get the flight records from the Tab. sorry for the delay!! and thank you for all your help!

You are welcome and I wish you good luck!
2018-7-1
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Be aware, flying in sport mode with agressive turning can caused yaw errors and then compas errors result  in ATTI mode.
2018-7-1
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

First its lost, then seconds later you found it will typing on this Forum.....?

Nonsense.

2018-7-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Glad it was recovered at least.
2018-7-2
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

2018-7-5
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

bobsma Posted at 2018-7-5 04:30
I did but Nobody was of any help. I figured it out myself and treated the repair job like I would when I repair a laptop computer. AND NO. i fixed the body with Crazy Glue and the results where excellent!  I only said you sucked because I noticed you where responding to everybody except me, even though I went out of my way to send you a PM with my personal flight records.  no response, nothing!

I had very busy days and you were the next on my list to respond to.
2018-7-5
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

2018-7-5
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

2018-7-5
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Looks very well done.
I have had a look at your flightrecords. No idea what is causing the "Not Enough Force/ESC Error" message.
2018-7-5
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

2018-7-5
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

bobsma Posted at 2018-7-5 06:22
the only thing that's possible is one of the connectors contacts wasn't allowing enough current to the ESC and by unplugging then re-plugging the connectors may have made a better contact. Or, the firmware refresh fixed some type of software glitch that was programmed into the firmware. this time I also did the compass calibration where there was a small green bar for interference versus a medium sized red bar that I see from everywhere in my backyard because it's on a rock ledge. I just flew it real hard in my backyard in sports mode for 2 flights and it's never flown better! still afraid to fly it over the ocean just yet.  on that repair job. when I completely dismantled it. I also applied some glue from the inside. when I give it force now, like trying  to break the repair with my hands, I can tell it's glued on solid. plus the type of crazy glue I used really sticks well to the plastic that's used in the Spark. here is a photo I took with my spark. [view_image]

That is great news then, congratulations! I am happy to hear that it is flying well again and the picture is fantastic, thank you very much for sharing!
2018-7-5
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

2018-7-6
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

bobsma Posted at 2018-7-6 03:06
thanks, just hope the Glitch doesn't re-appear,  have you heard of a firmware refresh or update fixing problems similer to what happened to my Spark?

No, I am not aware. But that would certainly have been reported here in the forum.
2018-7-6
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

2018-7-6
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

2018-7-6
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

bobsma Posted at 2018-7-6 03:35
do you have a Pilots License? from the photo you show it sure looks like it!

No, unfortunately not. That was my last year's carnival costume ;-)
2018-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules