Install of gimbal on Vision 2 - Lost wifi
795 4 2015-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trrdesign
lvl.2

United States

OK, got the gimbal installed, powers up and all.  But I've lost my wifi conenction for the phantom.  I don't have the white 3 prong switch connected to anything anymore that was conencted to the servo on the original gimbal.  Could I have undone something inside so that the wifi does nto show up?

2015-5-15
Use props
trrdesign
lvl.2

United States

Looking at other threads, the gimbal needs to be attached to the white connector. if you don't have that go to anything, how do you get the wifi to work?
2015-5-15
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

not sure, my RP has connections for both the 3prong connector and the white 2 or 3 mm connector as well.  but i would think that if you dont have wifi and you have a wire not connected, then i agree that is the reason for no signal.
2015-5-16
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

The 3 prong wire is the pitch control for the gimbal and its power supply, if your using a chinese gimbal then you need to connect the pitch wire on the gimbal to the bottom F2 pin on the NAZA

the camera and wifi draw its power thru the 4 pole jack plug

if you dont have wifi, listen to the camera, is it making a whirring fan noise, if not then the jack plug isnt in fully or youve popped a cap on the mainboard as you didnt have the plug in fully.

WIFI on the vision is in the camera and not in the quad, unlike the Vision Plus which has the WIFI module inside the quad

Ive just fitted a 2d gimbal to my vision so I will keep an eye on this thread and help futher
2015-5-16
Use props
trrdesign
lvl.2

United States

Gimbal was workng fine.  It started up righted itself and all.  In another thread, it stated that the 3 wire power coming out had to be hooked up.  Looking at the rotorpixel, they plug right into the one coming out of the bottom.  THis one had a spliiter coming off the plug to power the gimbal.
2015-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules