Which tablet to buy
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shitstick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 130889 ft
United States

just bought a refurb phantom 4 advanced.  Now i need a tablet specificly for the phantom since i already have a tablet for everything elese (LG) since its not compatible i guess.
2018-6-17
Use props
Shitstick
lvl.2
United States

just thrown off.  the most current list of android tabs is short and some of the recommended ones are old. i don't get it.  what happens if i use a non recommended tablet?
2018-6-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello. You may refer to the list of the tested and recommended device. Hope this will guide and help you decide which phone you will be using. Thank you.

2018-6-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I always found the iPad Mini 4 to work best for me on the Phantom 4 Pro
2018-6-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Shitstick Posted at 2018-6-17 23:14
just thrown off.  the most current list of android tabs is short and some of the recommended ones are old. i don't get it.  what happens if i use a non recommended tablet?

Since the official list is incomplete and rarely updated, it is not a good guide at all.
What happens if you fly with a non-listed tablet?
If it's a good one, you get a great flying tablet.
2018-6-18
Use props
Shitstick
lvl.2
United States

will my warranty void if i use a non recommended tablet?  i have a LG Gpad X 8 that should have plenty power to handle the app.
2018-6-18
Use props
Shitstick
lvl.2
United States

bump......
2018-6-20
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Shitstick Posted at 2018-6-18 20:20
will my warranty void if i use a non recommended tablet?  i have a LG Gpad X 8 that should have plenty power to handle the app.

You can use a non-listed tablet for flying. All DJI is telling you is that they have not and can not test every single tablet on the market. The DJI Go4 app will run on the current Android version.

I do not think it will void your warranty by using a non-listed tablet. If for some reason your tablet has issues during flight and gets disconnected or losses signal with your drone it will do an automatic Return To Home. Before you start flying make sure RTH is setup with a proper return height and obstacle avoidance turned on.
2018-6-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Shitstick Posted at 2018-6-18 20:20

No it won't void your warranty at all.
Go and buy a Huawei M3 or M5 if you want the best flying tablet.
2018-6-20
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If the Huawei is a bit too pricey for you then theres the Tab S2 and S3, the latter is also a bit pricey, theres the Nvidia Shield K1 too, not sure how much longer that will hold outwith it being only 2gb ram. ideally you need a minimum of 3gb ram and octa core now, what do you reckon Labroides, i think the older advice regards to 2gb and quad core is becoming obsolete?
2018-6-20
Use props
Tooter Turtle
lvl.4
United States

Huawei  are just reversed engineered. Should be sold at Harbour Freight  
2018-6-21
Use props
Air/America
lvl.4

United States

I owned a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5" in 2015 prior to buying a DJI Phantom 3 Advanced in 2017. So,,, I used that tablet for the P3A and it worked ok with a little bit of FPV video display glitching. Just recently, I have bought an 8" Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 to use with the P3A. I am very pleased with the performance of the tablet and no glitching of the FPV video display.

2018-6-21
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

Labroides Posted at 2018-6-20 16:44
No it won't void your warranty at all.
Go and buy a Huawei M3 or M5 if you want the best flying tablet.

Are you using the M5? It's on Android 8.0 and so far I was thinking and reading Android 8 and Go4 app don't do well together. Definitely not on my Google Pixel XL (1st generation).
2018-6-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Eric13 Posted at 2018-6-22 04:18
Are you using the M5? It's on Android 8.0 and so far I was thinking and reading Android 8 and Go4 app don't do well together. Definitely not on my Google Pixel XL (1st generation).

Not yet ...  (but maybe soon)
I was just going by the specs and how well the M3 runs.
2018-6-22
Use props
Shitstick
lvl.2
United States

For the size of these tablets they should be more powerful than they are.  4 gb of ram should be common and it's not.  Processors are nothing to brag about either.  The New phones have 6gb of ram with a third the size.  I wish the crystal sky was more reasonably priced.  That Samsung tablet is speced only slightly better than my current tab.
2018-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules