"Weak Image Transmission" anywhere. No video coming to DJI Go App
2034 5 2018-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adam3039
lvl.2

I'm having a strange issue that seems to have a million threads online, with no clear solution.

I'm getting a "Weak Image Transmission Signal" warning in my DJI Go App. I'm running the DJI Go App on an Ipad Pro (IOS 11). All of my firmware (Matrice 100, RC, and DJI Go App) are on the latest versions. I get full bars on the HD indicator, but no image coming into the app. I took some videos and pictures, and confirmed that I can open them up on the SD card and the image quality is perfect. The gimbal moves around appropriately, so nothing seems to be wrong there. This transmission warning happens even when the drone is sitting 4 feet from the remote controller. I also have a Phantom 4 Advanced, so I tested that in the exact same spot as my Matrice 100, and I get perfect image transmission to my remote control.

Despite the Phantom working fine, I thought maybe it was something to do with my particular neighborhood or house, so I took the Matrice out into the middle of nowhere, with the same results. I made sure to put both my phone and my Ipad into airplane mode to make sure there wasn't any interfering signals.

When I go into the transmission settings, I do see that a lot of the channels are "unstable" most of the time, or briefly green but low bars. I've tried various different solutions in other threads, such as turning of video caching, turning off hardware decoding, switching to manual transmission and picking the best channel, none of which have worked.

Based on the numerous threads on this issue, my thinking is that it must be firmware related. I feel like I've tested virtually everything I can, and the drone is basically not flyable until I figure this out (no way I'm flying blind with a 5000$ bird).

Does anyone have any insight or guidance? I'd really appreciate it.

Best regards,
Adam

2018-6-17
Use props
adam3039
lvl.2

I should also be more specific about my versions:

DJI Go App: 3.1.38
Aircraft: 1.3.1.00+
Remote Control: 1.7.80
2018-6-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Adam, may I know which mobile device do you use? Have you tried to reset the camera settings? Any difference?
2018-6-18
Use props
adam3039
lvl.2

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-18 23:45
Hi Adam, may I know which mobile device do you use? Have you tried to reset the camera settings? Any difference?

Hi Susan, thanks for the reply.

I'm using an Ipad Pro (Model MP6H2CL/A), IOS version 11.2.1

This Ipad works fine with my Phantom 4.

I've tried resetting the camera settings and relinking the RC with no improvements.

Oddly enough, I get a flashing light on the camera view. I'm unsure if this is just the DJI Go App, or if this is coming from the drone. I don't think its coming from the camera, because if I put my hand right over the camera lens, it still flashes. I've uploaded a video to demonstrate what I'm seeing.

2018-6-19
Use props
adam3039
lvl.2

I ended up figuring it out myself. Maybe my solution will help someone else that has run into the same issue

I have the Zenmuze Z3 gimbal, and the Manifold attached to my Matrice 100. As a test, I plugged in the gimbal directly into the flight controller (ignoring the manifold), and I got image transmissions, so that confirmed that it was an issue with the Manifold.

After reading this PDF, I realized that the Manifold doesn't relay video to the flight controller without being explicitly told to.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... om_X3_Camera_en.pdf

So following those steps, and running "sudo ./test -t", the script ran and I got perfect image transmissions on the DJI Go App.

Because I didn't want to have to remote into the Manifold each time to get video coming to my controller, I set that script up to run on startup of Manifold, so that it now happens automatically. This was the result I was looking for.

Hope this helps someone.
2018-6-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

adam3039 Posted at 2018-6-22 06:58
I ended up figuring it out myself. Maybe my solution will help someone else that has run into the same issue

I have the Zenmuze Z3 gimbal, and the Manifold attached to my Matrice 100. As a test, I plugged in the gimbal directly into the flight controller (ignoring the manifold), and I got image transmissions, so that confirmed that it was an issue with the Manifold.

Thanks for keeping us updated. It's nice to know you have figured this out.
2018-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules