1145 6 2018-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matt Widd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17247 ft
United Kingdom

Hello,

Had my Mavic Pro a few months now and only ever had flawless flights, no software or hardware issues, apart from a gimble overload issue which was resolved. Yesterday for the first time I had a total disconnect, screen went black and white and froze and said disconnected. The drone was only 40m up and 50m away and in clear line of site in an open field with no obstuctions. Luckily the drone did as it was intented and just returned home and landed itself. Then throughout the day it disconnected another 5 times even whilst the drone was just on the table next to me.

I read this can be to do with the cable connecting your phone to the controller, using an S8+ with a Type C cable. I since then tried using another cable plugged into the USB port and in a quick 10 minute flight I had no issues, had no chance to check further yet. I am just confused how the phone to controller cable can cause a complete RC disconnect when you can fly without even having your phone attached?
2018-6-18
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

Was it a complete disconnect?  Or did you just lose video?  Were you still able to control the drone?  You stated that the screen went black and white and froze and said disconnected.  Did you fly the drone back or did you press the RTH button?  Did the Drone RTH by itself after a bit of time?  I was just wondering if you still have Control of the Remote?
2018-6-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum, we do apologize if you are having issues with your Mavic Pro's remote controller, sad to say the Samsung S8+ you are currently using is not compatible to run the DJI Go 4, below are the list of compatible devices.

2018-6-18
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Is the OTG cable putting out a lot of radio noise due to poor connections and unshielded wires?  Is it sparking internally and making the ground or 5 volt supply side of the RC controller very noisey?  Is it pulling down the voltage used by the transmitter or reciever inside the remote controller?  The remote is a little device running on very little power draw and putting out a relatively low power signal.  It won't like a malfunctioning OTG cable attached to it.
2018-6-18
Use props
Matt Widd
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-6-18 06:15
Was it a complete disconnect?  Or did you just lose video?  Were you still able to control the drone?  You stated that the screen went black and white and froze and said disconnected.  Did you fly the drone back or did you press the RTH button?  Did the Drone RTH by itself after a bit of time?  I was just wondering if you still have Control of the Remote?

I had no control of the drone what so ever, on the occasions where it did not reconnect it returned home and landed alone.
2018-6-18
Use props
Matt Widd
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-6-18 06:23
Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum, we do apologize if you are having issues with your Mavic Pro's remote controller, sad to say the Samsung S8+ you are currently using is not compatible to run the DJI Go 4, below are the list of compatible devices.

[view_image]

I don't understand? I have used my S8+ for months with no issue?
2018-6-18
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10321657 ft
Canada

Had the same problems and I got myself a apple mini 4 iPad never had the problems again
2018-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules