Spark independently flying away
688 10 2018-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_QzPqGleqipfG
lvl.1

Israel

Hi. Was flying my spark today at about 30m height and 30m away, strong GPS signal. Suddenly it switched into atti mode and started flying fast away from me, tried flying it back/letting go of controls/hitting the pause button but nothing helped. It flew a couple hundred meters out and landed because the battery was very low. Any explanation how this could happen? It was completely out of my control, didn't respond to anything I did.
2018-6-18
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Most probably it was due to Magnetic Interferance, upload the Flight Logs on Phantomhelp.com and share the link here for more help.

If Compass Fails the GPS will fail as they work hand in hand. So the Spark will be dropped to ATTI Mode.

2018-6-18
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Upload the Logs here - http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/
2018-6-18
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

This Post can help you learn something new - https://forum.dji.com/thread-151297-1-1.html

I am glad you where able to recover the Drone, if you didn't fly in VLOS and there was Wind, you could have lost it.

Welldone.

2018-6-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

I am sorry to know that your DJI Spark went out of control. Please sync your Spark's flight record using your DJI Go4 application so that we will be able to know what went wrong with the Drone. Have you also updated the firmware of the Spark to the latest firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 before flying the Drone?
2018-6-18
Use props
djiuser_QzPqGleqipfG
lvl.1

Israel

I was very lucky to recover it, it was about to land on the edge of a cliff. Regained control literally last second after a two hunderd yard Sprint. Is it possible someone interfered intentionally? Turns out there is a high security area near by
2018-6-18
Use props
djiuser_QzPqGleqipfG
lvl.1

Israel

I am running the latest firmware
2018-6-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for keeping us updated. It's glad to hear the drone was retrieved. Is there any error message when connected with DJI GO 4? Also, it is the recommended to fly near the cliff as the drone may enter ATTI mode due to the lack of GPS signal. Please choose another open filed without interference and test at a low altitude to see whether the drone works well.
2018-6-19
Use props
JimboHUN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37156 ft
Hungary

If you want DJI to investigate DO NOT fly or power on again the drone, I was told by support that if you fly again some of the new data overwrites the old data.

I know it sounds dumb but that's what I was told.
2018-6-19
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

djiuser_QzPqGleqipfG Posted at 2018-6-18 10:56
I was very lucky to recover it, it was about to land on the edge of a cliff. Regained control literally last second after a two hunderd yard Sprint. Is it possible someone interfered intentionally? Turns out there is a high security area near by

Try to avoid High Security and Military Areas, as it may be Illegal to fly there.
2018-6-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-19 02:41
Try to avoid High Security and Military Areas, as it may be Illegal to fly there.

It will be for sure   
2018-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules