1557 8 2015-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lesmess
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2753402 ft
United Kingdom

Hi
Flew my bird for the first time today after the latest firmware update,  as I calibrated the compass after the update I cleared the calibration screen prior to checking the sensor readings.
I noted the compass value was around 1650 normally 1500 I decided to play safe and recalibrate. For the life of me I could not get back into the calibration screen. Completely frustrated I took off anyway and she flew perfectly in 6m/s wind.  Question once you clear the compass calibration screen on start up, how do you get back to it?  I use an IPad 2.
Thanks for any advice.

Les
2015-5-15
Use props
fullyestablishe
lvl.2

United Kingdom

They removed this with the latest firmware, I assume because they do not want us doing a calibration all the time. You can still force it by switching the mode switch back on forwards four times on the controller.
2015-5-16
Use props
lesmess
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2753402 ft
United Kingdom

fullyestablishe Posted at 2015-5-16 16:09
They removed this with the latest firmware, I assume because they do not want us doing a calibration ...

I did try that to no avail, probably to slow, not so keen on that as you can damage the switch.  I damaged a switch on my spectrum was cheaper to buy a new one than send it back for repair. Well told the wife that then replaced it with a higher spec model.

Les
2015-5-16
Use props
kirk.pleasant
lvl.2

Qatar

it is still on the IOS app under Aircraft State
2015-5-16
Use props
fullyestablishe
lvl.2

United Kingdom

lesmess Posted at 2015-5-16 16:23
I did try that to no avail, probably to slow, not so keen on that as you can damage the switch.  I ...

I know exactly what you mean, it is certainly an odd user interface. Same goes with putting it into travel mode. And don't even get me started on turning the batteries on and off.
2015-5-17
Use props
fullyestablishe
lvl.2

United Kingdom

kirk.pleasant Posted at 2015-5-16 17:32
it is still on the IOS app under Aircraft State

I think that it appears when it needs one but is suppressed at other times.
2015-5-17
Use props
shanehann
lvl.1

Canada

fullyestablishe Posted at 2015-5-16 16:09
They removed this with the latest firmware, I assume because they do not want us doing a calibration ...

I just crashed my unit.  Everyone is telling me its cause i didn't calibrate the IMU.  Are you saying I can't calibrate the IMU with the new app software?

Thank you
Shane
2015-5-17
Use props
fullyestablishe
lvl.2

United Kingdom

shanehann@gmail Posted at 2015-5-18 05:00
I just crashed my unit.  Everyone is telling me its cause i didn't calibrate the IMU.  Are you say ...

The IMU calibration is not the same as a compass calibration. It is the comp;ass calibration that is now suppressed.
2015-5-18
Use props
mike.buttonwill
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4661821 ft
  • >>>
United States

As mentioned above, the Aircraft State screen is the place to get back to the compass calibration button. It is top center and usually (hopefully) green when you are outside in GPS mode. I noticed my Inspire 1 trying to slip away at a new launch location the other day and it seemed to straighten right up with a compass calibration.
2015-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules