Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to Calibrate ESC with A3
8583 12 2018-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fitzy
lvl.1

Canada

Does anyone here know how to Calibrate the ESC's with the Assistant 2 software.
I have A3, AIR 40 ESC's, and DJI Radio in an X8 configuration.
I dont understand how the calibration is performed when the Assistant 2 does not prompt to move the throttle stick to max and min postions?
How is the Calibration performed?
2018-6-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Fitzy, it is recommended to remove the propellers before the ESC calibration. Make sure the power has been cut off when clicking the next step. I'll PM you more details, please check later.
2018-6-18
Use props
Fitzy
lvl.1

Canada

Yes the props are off, and the latest A3 Firmware installed. I followed the A3 instructions and supplied different power source to the A3 and ESC's, I was not doing this before and is crucial. Listening to the beeps and following the prompts I would say that they are calibrated correctly. We are good now, Thanks DJI Susan.
2018-6-20
Use props
mitarashki
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3540098 ft
Bulgaria

Hello. I am experiencing a problem calibrating the ESCs too.
I am with A3 PRO, Tmotor Flame 80A HV ESCs and Futaba tx/rx. I have removed the props and supplyed separate power sources to the FC and ESCs.
Please guide me how the procedure have to be done. When I click "next" and supply power to ESC/ESCs two things happen depending when I hit the button:
1) when the beeping starts if I wait about 10 seconds and click the button, beeping1 never stops
2) when the beeping starts if I click the button after the first beep, it stops
Please help me with the exact steps of calibrating ESCs. There is no guide in the manual and no info online at all. Thank you very much in advance.
2018-6-22
Use props
Fitzy
lvl.1

Canada

Two power sources, one for ESC and the other for FC.
- power everything on
- run Assistant 2
- Calibrate all ESC
- props off continue
- everything starts to beep and doesn't stop
- unplug ESC
- Press continue
- plug ESC power back in and they all beep once
- press finish

That's it, this works for the A3 and DJI radio, I'm not sure about a third party radio but if the ESC are plugged into the A3
I would think it should work?
2018-6-22
Use props
bernde
lvl.3

Austria

Hi,
I am having the same problem.
I am using N3 with Lightbride 2 and Hobbywing X-Rotor 40A EScs, does this work for my configuration too?

Kind regards,
Bernd
2018-7-2
Use props
fans4d376b39
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2041 ft
United States

I am trying to setup my A3 Pro and getting as mush info as possible.  Having said that, I am running the T motor 80A HV ESC and I am confused on the two different power sources I have to run.  I understand that I have to power the flight controller and will with 12s, but the separate power for the ESC I am a little lost.  How much power do I need for the esc? Also, what is the voltage range for the ESC power.  Much appreciated.  Thank you.
2018-10-17
Use props
fans4d376b39
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2041 ft
United States

In this picture is the wiring for the ESC and I circled in blue the wires that need to go the A3 flight controller, but there is just signal and ground.  I  see a power wire coming off the ESC, but I am not sure the voltage there.  Would I take that red power wire and plug it in the middle of the signal and ground? Thank you.
A3Pro.jpg
2018-10-17
Use props
Jocke_BG
lvl.2

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-18 22:28
Hi Fitzy, it is recommended to remove the propellers before the ESC calibration. Make sure the power has been cut off when clicking the next step. I'll PM you more details, please check later.

Hi,can you please pm me the same info? I dont understand how its possible to calibrate if one doesnt move the trottle stick?
2019-9-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jocke_BG Posted at 9-8 00:52
Hi,can you please pm me the same info? I dont understand how its possible to calibrate if one doesnt move the trottle stick?

I‘ve send you a message in PM, please kindly check later, thanks!
2019-9-8
Use props
fans4a5b7e93
New

Spain

DJI Susan Posted at 2019-9-8 23:05
I‘ve send you a message in PM, please kindly check later, thanks!

Hello, I also need that information to set up Dji E600 with Dji Wookong.
Some motors turn well and others slowly in the motors test
2020-3-30
Use props
djiuser_DkzWAVAnvYTd
lvl.1

Serbia

Hi,

I have Tmotor Flame200A esc. I am following the steps. 12v supply to Dji A3 and separste batery for my esc/motors.

Red black and white calbes from esc connected to Dji a3.

I follow steps but thr beeping never stops.

Please help

Thanks
2020-8-14
Use props
fans1881af3c
New

United States

djiuser_DkzWAVAnvYTd Posted at 2020-8-14 03:12
Hi,

I have Tmotor Flame200A esc. I am following the steps. 12v supply to Dji A3 and separste batery for my esc/motors.

I have the same problem. Can anyone help
2021-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules