My spark just flew off!!! NOOOOOOO
797 9 2018-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marty5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23642 ft
Canada

I am GUTTED! My spark just flew off. It lost signal and kept going and going and going.

It has flown into the Canadian forest where I know I’ll never find it.  

I tried using “find my drone” but where it says it it is but that’s he place it lost signal.

No where to be found.

What is my next steps?

I was so scared of this happening. I was over my next door neighbors and it lost signal and flew away......
2018-6-18
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

It will do one of two things if it loses signal to the remote controller (not just video signal).  With a good GPS lock, the Spark will return to the set home point in RTH mode.  Without GPS in ATTI mode, the Spark will start landing where it is with some drifting.
2018-6-18
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

Upload your *.txt log to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/  or https://www.dropbox.com  & share the link(s).

There is also an associated *.dat file in the  (device):\DJI\dji.go.v4\FlightRecord\MCDatFlightRecords folder with additional information.  This file can be viewed with software from http://datfile.net/index.html. Or upload the *.dat file to  https://www.dropbox.com  & share the link.

Spark also has an inbuilt flight recorder with even further details - accessible via DJI Assistant. Obviously that is useless information - unless you find Spark!. But I'm just saying the data is there to explain more if you can recover Spark & send the details to DJI.  Maybe DJI can decipher the *.txt & *.dat logs  from device & assist with your concerns - or share the data & the experts within this 'forum' will do their best to help you.

Your next steps are:
1) Collect & share your log(s) from the app with DJI &/or the forum.
2) Wait for a response.

Nobody can help if logs are not provided by yourself - we can only guess. Any visual recordings from the device may assist, if available.

Many fly-aways are reported - 60% is pilot error - 40% is software error not allowing for the 60% of pilots that make errors. Either way, it's a signal problem originating from the software to cause pilot errors.

2018-6-18
Use props
marty5
lvl.1
Canada

I’ll sort this out tomorrow morning.
Thanks for your replies!!

2018-6-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for what happened to your drone. You can sync the flight records on your app and kindly contact us to +1 (818) 235 0789 or send an email to support.na@dji.com to start a case and our facility will be the one who will investigate what happened and let you know what will be the possible solution they can provide. You can follow this step on how to sync the flight records:
2018-6-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry to read that - I hope you get it replaced soon.
2018-6-19
Use props
marty5
lvl.1
Canada

thanks for all the replies. DJI support was amazing! I sent them all info they requested. 2 days later I got a code for my replacement. THANKFUL I did purchase the DJI fresh with the unit as well which was a blessing!
so thank you all again and thanks DJI for all your help, standing behind your product and backing it up as well!!!
2018-6-27
Use props
JimFandango
lvl.4
Flight distance : 130768 ft
United Kingdom

Glad it turned out well for you. Good luck flying, and don't let this put you off!
2018-6-27
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

sorry to read that
2018-6-27
Use props
Iron Maiden Fan
lvl.1
Canada

JimFandango Posted at 2018-6-27 04:14
Glad it turned out well for you. Good luck flying, and don't let this put you off!

yes.......I was scared to fly and now I don't know/............hahahah scary losing an expensive toy like that. hahahaha

at least its on its way back home! ;)
2018-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules