Mess of a replacement - how do I get real answers?
2779 13 2018-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lenabanana
lvl.2
Canada

My new drone was problematic out of the box. Jello video, gimbal jerking severely for no reason, tipped horizon.

I contacted DJI support and had a case manually opened for me because my serial wasn't pulling info up properly for some reason.

I was sent a shipping label and packed it up... then at some point my case # was changed to reflect a replacement rather than a repair since the drone was only a week old.

I did not recieve a new label and I wanted to get it shipped out before I went away for a week so I called in and was told to use the label I have. I did, updating the case number to the new case both on the shipping label and on the actual box and I sent it off.

Sure enough hours after I dropped it at UPS I recieved an email telling me I needed to use the new label as it will need to go to California rather than Texas (which is what the original label was for). I explained that it was already gone as per instructions of the tech I spoke to and tried calling USP to return or reroute the package. UPS told me that I could not modify the shipment because it was "return service" and that DJI was the only one who could stop or modify it. I called again and sat on hold yet again, and was told there was nothing I could do and that they would not call and return it to me (even though it hadn't even left my city yet) and it would have to get to the Texas facility and would then be forwarded to California.

Well it arrived in Texas two weeks ago and there has not been a single update. I have tried emailing and calling and I keep getting different answers each time. These answers range from "We haven't received it yet" to "It is already in California". I can't seem to get a straight answer on where the hell my drone is or what is happening. I am now 3 weeks without it and not a single update - yet I have recieved 5 or 6 emails from back office with new shipping labels for some reason.

Bought this drone to use for my wedding in July and now it looks like I'm not going to have it back in time, if ever.

How can I get in touch with someone who can give me some REAL answers and get my drone back. This is completely rediculous.

2018-6-19
Use props
lenabanana
lvl.2
Canada

Case numbers are:

CAS-1870032-P3T1C0

CAS-1859022-V1H7V4

Not sure which one is the valid one now.

2018-6-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Lenabanana, we are sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience. I sent you a DM kindly check your inbox . Thank you.
2018-6-19
Use props
lenabanana
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-6-19 10:49
Hi Lenabanana, we are sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience. I sent you a DM kindly check your inbox . Thank you.

Just wanted to say thank you. After two weeks of no info or updates, I received a new tracking number this morning that says that my drone is FINALLY on its way to California.

I hope this is the end of the delays and issues and that my replacement eligibility is not affected as a result of this delay.

I appreciate you looking into it, I wish I had posted here sooner.

I will continue to update this thread on the replacement progress, hopefully positive updates from here.
2018-6-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

lenabanana Posted at 2018-6-20 04:47
Just wanted to say thank you. After two weeks of no info or updates, I received a new tracking number this morning that says that my drone is FINALLY on its way to California.

I hope this is the end of the delays and issues and that my replacement eligibility is not affected as a result of this delay.

Glad to know Paladin was able to help you with your issue, you can also keep us posted if you need any assistance.
2018-6-20
Use props
lenabanana
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-20 23:04
Glad to know Paladin was able to help you with your issue, you can also keep us posted if you need any assistance.

Tracking shows the mavic has finally reached your California facility after more than two weeks (big thank you to Paladin!). Is there any way we can expedite the processing so that I can have it back in time for my wedding?

Thanks
2018-6-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

lenabanana Posted at 2018-6-21 13:11
Tracking shows the mavic has finally reached your California facility after more than two weeks (big thank you to Paladin!). Is there any way we can expedite the processing so that I can have it back in time for my wedding?

Thanks

Received with thanks! We'll try to push the local team to check and help you get an update soon. You can also check the case status from here: https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace
2018-6-21
Use props
lenabanana
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-21 20:24
Received with thanks! We'll try to push the local team to check and help you get an update soon. You can also check the case status from here: https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace

I’ve got less than two weeks before the wedding now... can someone please let me know how long I can expect to wait from this point?  I need to have this back in time.   
2018-6-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

lenabanana Posted at 2018-6-24 15:47
I’ve got less than two weeks before the wedding now... can someone please let me know how long I can expect to wait from this point?  I need to have this back in time.

Lena, Susan has escalated your issue to the appropriate team to follow up, the update was delayed because of the weekend, we will have someone to contact you soon and update the status, thanks for your patience.
2018-6-24
Use props
lenabanana
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-24 18:49
Lena, Susan has escalated your issue to the appropriate team to follow up, the update was delayed because of the weekend, we will have someone to contact you soon and update the status, thanks for your patience.

Thank you,
Not trying to give you a hard time - just trying to figure out if I need to start working on some type of back up plan.
2018-6-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

lenabanana Posted at 2018-6-25 08:04
Thank you,
Not trying to give you a hard time - just trying to figure out if I need to start working on some type of back up plan.

I totally understand, the replacement has been approved and it will be shipped out soon, please note the email with the tracking number later.
2018-6-25
Use props
lenabanana
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-25 19:53
I totally understand, the replacement has been approved and it will be shipped out soon, please note the email with the tracking number later.

Wonderful news!
As long as it gets back to me faster than it got to you guys, everything will be perfect!

Thank you so much for all of your help, looking forward to being up and flying again.

You've all been a great help!
2018-6-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

lenabanana Posted at 2018-6-26 07:21
Wonderful news!
As long as it gets back to me faster than it got to you guys, everything will be perfect!

You are welcome. Per the case log, the package has been shipped already, I'll PM you the tracking number later. Hope the package arrives soon.
2018-6-26
Use props
lenabanana
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-26 23:30
You are welcome. Per the case log, the package has been shipped already, I'll PM you the tracking number later. Hope the package arrives soon.

Thank you Susan.
2018-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules