DJI Phantom 1.1.1 Gimbal Installation
2860 1 2015-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
benkknight
lvl.1
United Kingdom

i'm considering buying a gimbal for my DJI Phantom 1.1.1 and i've noticed most of the tutorial videos seem to show me how to install a gimbal on the older DJI Phantom with a V1 NAZA or a DJI Phantom 2 with a V2 NAZA but not how to install it on a DJI Phantom 1.1.1 with a V2 NAZA setup, are there any tutorials on how to do it on a DJI Phantom 1.1.1 or is the installation process just like it is on the Phantom 2? only reason i need to know is because i'm not that confident when it gets to soldering and would prefer to avoid it if at all possible
2015-5-16
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

That is going to depend largely on the gimbal you're going to use.  

For example, if you get a plain model Phantom 2 and later want to install a zenmuse H3-3D you will need to install both the gimbal AND open up the Phantom to install the GCU (Gimbal Control Unit) see the instructions H3-3D-GCU Connection

However, when you buy the Phantom 2 with the zenmuse H3-3D the GCU comes pre-installed inside the Phantom so you only have to attach the gimbal and connect the cable assembly that's already there.

If you've got a particular gimbal in mind and post a query specific to that gimbal I'm sure you will find people experienced in it's installation and use.
2015-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules